User Review My Love-Hate relation ship with the Redmi K20 Pro - Long Term Review

For what it's worth, k20 pro is the F2 pro. I am still rocking my F1 with a custom ROM. All my banking apps work with them - (ICICI, Citi, Kotak) - you need to use magisk hide. Camera with GCAM is better than miui camera. No ram management issues either. I Use a stable ROM, like pixel experience and don't tinker too much - I have things to get done.

Small constructive feedback: I see there are so many cuts, but in the end, there are some stutter issues with the ending, you could have done a few more cuts. Also, your delivery is really flat, a little tone would go a long way to make your voice sound more pleasing. Please don't take offence. Just honest feedback.

For what it's worth, k20 pro is the F2 pro. I am still rocking my F1 with a custom ROM. All my banking apps work with them - (ICICI, Citi, Kotak) - you need to use magisk hide. Camera with GCAM is better than miui camera. No ram management issues either. I Use a stable ROM, like pixel experience and don't tinker too much - I have things to get done.

Small constructive feedback: I see there are so many cuts, but in the end, there are some stutter issues with the ending, you could have done a few more cuts. Also, your delivery is really flat, a little tone would go a long way to make your voice sound more pleasing. Please don't take offence. Just honest feedback.
I think you are talking about the bloopers. I added them on purpose. No offence taken. I shall work on my speech

All my banking apps work with them - (ICICI, Citi, Kotak) - you need to use magisk hide.
Don't they work by default? Or is it because of your custom ROM? Out of curiosity what ROM do you currently use? Do you change it often?

Don't they work by default? Or is it because of your custom ROM? Out of curiosity what ROM do you currently use? Do you change it often?
financial apps detect root status. If root is detected, they do not work. As far as I know custom rom based on AOSP, Lineage OS have root disabled by default and banking apps should work without problems.

That's strange. Is there something with rooted phones/custom ROM that banking apps don't like?

They do on some ROMs, but I got root for system-level ad-block and what not. I am currently on crDroid, and I never update it because it works fine for me. Flash once and forget is my way of doing things. Flashed like a year back. I used magisk hide for my banking apps. They all work flawlessly. MIUI sucks.

Sorry to bump up an old thread. Miui 12 on new K20 pro seems to have multiple issues, low call volume, whatsapp cannot access certain media. Has anyone faced this? Should i go for RMA or install a custom rom which is stable and supports banking app with magisk?

Has anyone faced this? Should i go for RMA or install a custom rom which is stable and supports banking app with magisk?
That's really hard to answer and it would vary from person to person.

- Are you OK with using a custom ROM over MIUI?
- Did you try to clean reset the phone and try to use it again and check if problems go away?
- Are you sure Xiaomi will RMA it, and give you a new one, or make excuses?
- Are you OK with all the annoyances of a custom ROM
- Do you want to stay with MIUI but are not because of the issues you are facing?

Sorry to bump up an old thread. Miui 12 on new K20 pro seems to have multiple issues, low call volume, whatsapp cannot access certain media. Has anyone faced this? Should i go for RMA or install a custom rom which is stable and supports banking app with magisk?
I updated to latest version miui 12 and didnt have any problems. battery seems to discharge a teeny weeny bit faster but apart from that no problems. try to reset the phone once before going to service center

infact I broke my screen recently and since my phone is running fine and theres no other phone under 3k without notches, I spent 10k replacing the screen.

That's really hard to answer and it would vary from person to person.

- Are you OK with using a custom ROM over MIUI?
- Did you try to clean reset the phone and try to use it again and check if problems go away?
- Are you sure Xiaomi will RMA it, and give you a new one, or make excuses?
- Are you OK with all the annoyances of a custom ROM
- Do you want to stay with MIUI but are not because of the issues you are facing?
Well to answer your questions
- Yes i am ok with using custom rom if it doesn't have major bugs.
- Yes i did reset the phone
- Well I don't know if xiaomi will rma or flash another miui version.
- I am ok with going through the hassle of installing custom rom
- MIUI is also fine but the issues mentioned are deal breaker for me. Too much annoying.

Well to answer your questions
- Yes i am ok with using custom rom if it doesn't have major bugs.
- Yes i did reset the phone
- Well I don't know if xiaomi will rma or flash another miui version.
- I am ok with going through the hassle of installing custom rom
- MIUI is also fine but the issues mentioned are deal breaker for me. Too much annoying.
I'd suggest you try the Mi service centre, if not, go for a stable ROM like pixel experience

Hasn't magisk hide been dropped recently, because if that is true and banking apps do depend on it, then are there any alternatives?

Back