My New "INSANE" SAMSUNG LA40C530

apextwin146 said:
I thought u were interested in finding out the panel type. So howcome the sticker didnt help? :ashamed:
You do realise that the sticker indicating the version is stuck on the box of the panels sold abroad? It doesn't happen in India though. I wanted to find out if this sticker was stuck on the box of his panel. That's it!

Refer this snap -

labeli.jpg

I cant see the PIC. I think its not uploaded as i cant make out which image site is it referring to.
HE says SQ03 is written on the back, Does that mean on the back of the Box or the TV :ashamed:.
Are you trying to say that this sticker is on the Back of the TV thats y its of no help since the box once opened has to be sold?

Edit: I am slow today. STicker is on back of the TV. So the Serial Numbers dont help our is it? I ask cuz if the Numbers in one sequence(one after the other) correspond to same panel type then you can simply check the SNO of the Display piece and get a piece that belongs t0 the same range :p

congrats , are you using only dth or normal cable also ,if you using normal cable then what is the pic quality, because i am also considering to buy 40 inch lcd, we have digitelly settopbox.

Buy the HD DTH BOX from AIRTEL or TATA SKY !

PIC. Quality is really very good in NON HD CHANNELS too via HDMI !

looks great at 10 feet DISTANCE !

hbksabhi said:
Buy the HD DTH BOX from AIRTEL or TATA SKY !

PIC. Quality is really very good in NON HD CHANNELS too via HDMI !

looks great at 10 feet DISTANCE !
I received mine yesterday. the samsung guy came in the evening and fixed the tv on the wall. The sticker on the box says nothing. just like you posted. I got CN01 panel. looks great though :)

took your advice and ordered airtel dth hd. :D

feel like being cheated now... the samsung dlna wifi dongle costs 5k :O checked with the buffallow wifi dongle that I had, doesnt work. need to get the electrician and get a Ethernet port near TV.

booo said:
I received mine yesterday. the samsung guy came in the evening and fixed the tv on the wall. The sticker on the box says nothing. just like you posted. I got CN01 panel. looks great though :)

took your advice and ordered airtel dth hd. :D

feel like being cheated now... the samsung dlna wifi dongle costs 5k :O checked with the buffallow wifi dongle that I had, doesnt work. need to get the electrician and get a Ethernet port near TV.

Booo tell me something, is 40C650 really worth the extra ~10k from 40C550. Is the PQ that good?

cant comment on the PQ as I am no expert. but I watched Terminator Salvation Full hd and it was awesome. maybe I can post some snaps of the movie. my requirements were a little different. I wanted to get the TV into my home network so that I could stream/play/share the movies folder and play with my tv and computer. so, this tv has a ethernet port and supports dlna streaming using samsung dongle and can access internet directly through tv. I dont think series 5 has these features. This tv plays movies straight off the pen drive. even the full hd movies and has no problem seeking/playing. on paper it supports AVC 4.1 profile. which means I dont need to buy bluray/dvd/audio or any other kind of media player apart from xbox with kinect ;)

if you are only worried about pq, you better go to a showroom and compare the models side by side IMO.

hbksabhi said:
C530 > C630 Value for money
I know that, I was asking about C650, which has a Ultra clear panel.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

booo said:
cant comment on the PQ as I am no expert. but I watched Terminator Salvation Full hd and it was awesome. maybe I can post some snaps of the movie. my requirements were a little different. I wanted to get the TV into my home network so that I could stream/play/share the movies folder and play with my tv and computer. so, this tv has a ethernet port and supports dlna streaming using samsung dongle and can access internet directly through tv. I dont think series 5 has these features. This tv plays movies straight off the pen drive. even the full hd movies and has no problem seeking/playing. on paper it supports AVC 4.1 profile. which means I dont need to buy bluray/dvd/audio or any other kind of media player apart from xbox with kinect ;)

if you are only worried about pq, you better go to a showroom and compare the models side by side IMO.

FYI C550 has got All Share/DLNA (via RJ45 Jack)

Anoher thing I read is that C650 apart from having a UCP has a very glossy/reflective panel.
Right now I don't know if thats a good or bad thing cuz I haven't demo'ed the C650 yet, but from from what I read, If there aren't any open windows from where sublight comes in then a glossy panel looks really well in a not so wel lit room.

m0h1t said:
Anoher thing I read is that C650 apart from having a UCP has a very glossy/reflective panel.
Right now I don't know if thats a good or bad thing cuz I haven't demo'ed the C650 yet, but from from what I read, If there aren't any open windows from where sublight comes in then a glossy panel looks really well in a not so wel lit room.

yes its very very glossy and very very annoying reflecting panel.

you can even comb your hairs looking at it.
gannu will confirm this. :p

Back