My New System! ( HAF-X, i7, 12gb, WC'ed )

amit_talkin said:
Thanks guys :)
I have bought RED coolant ( Automobile obviously ) didnt check it whether it is UV-reflective. I have 2x UV cathode tubes which I used a little in previous build. Also have UV-reactive sata cables as well! :)

OMG.you are seriously geared up buddy.:O.wish i had the moolah and the guts

to use a self-assembled water cooling loop :(

ram prices hav crashed wonder who will buy ddr3 .. even if they buy they will low ball.. ddr2 costs 1700 for 2gb 800mhz ddr3 rip jaws 4gb costs 3.6k (1600mhz)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Your a daring guy TC you have brough asrock !! this mobo is awarded by toms hardware how is it ?? sexy rig but why HAF ? why are people so crazy about haf?? dont we get any other brands in india ??

kaneunderground said:
ram prices hav crashed wonder who will buy ddr3 .. even if they buy they will low ball.. ddr2 costs 1700 for 2gb 800mhz ddr3 rip jaws 4gb costs 3.6k (1600mhz)
nah.RAM prices will bottom out by q1 and then stabilise.but still the 6 gb of RAM will have to be sold at a loss compared to what you paid for them now

kaneunderground said:

Your a daring guy TC you have brough asrock !! this mobo is awarded by toms hardware how is it ?? sexy rig but why HAF ? why are people so crazy about haf?? dont we get any other brands in india ??

Well, I bought mine 12GB for $210 shipped! ;). I have spent 2 months building this rig. As I said, upgrade was not so necessary so I had enough time waiting for deals n treats. I had missed many deals for 6GB though, luckily got my chance buying these OCZs. About choosing PC case, I liked NZXT Phantom as well, but as far as I know, it doesn't support 360mm radiator inside it. I am not crazy about cases, if I could make it myself I wouldn't BUY any case from market.

Awesome stuff !!!

congratulations on this monster :)

just a word of caution though sir.. please get clamps on your tubes if you haven't done so already. Too many horror stories of tubes popping off.. :)

Also check the red coolant that you have bought for alcohol. I say that cause alcohol + acrylic = instant disaster.

Also most of these liquids contain some kind of Ethelyn Glycol in them which is extremly toxic.

Distilled Water + Silver Kill coil is the safest way to run unless you have mixed metals in your loop. It that is the case then you will definitely need some kind of corrosion inhibitor. :)

Cheers and congratulations again.. well executed build there !

Kind regards :)

toolius said:
Awesome stuff !!!

congratulations on this monster :)

just a word of caution though sir.. please get clamps on your tubes if you haven't done so already. Too many horror stories of tubes popping off.. :)

Also check the red coolant that you have bought for alcohol. I say that cause alcohol + acrylic = instant disaster.

Also most of these liquids contain some kind of Ethelyn Glycol in them which is extremly toxic.

Distilled Water + Silver Kill coil is the safest way to run unless you have mixed metals in your loop. It that is the case then you will definitely need some kind of corrosion inhibitor. :)

Cheers and congratulations again.. well executed build there !

Kind regards :)

Thanks for the words !

I know about the clamps, have bought some already. But didn't want to look everything ugly putting them in case :|. I had my previous system running for over an year without clamps, nothing went bad so far. I know its a risk so I will better look for some quality clamps and will fit for sure :). About acrylic and alcohol, I got your point, Chloroform (CHCL3) was used joining acrylic parts for my reservoir . same compound is being used for joining and dissembling these parts. Didn't know alcohol falls in same category. In my loops, aside waterblock, all fittings are made from brass. though, i would keep your suggestion in my mind :). Didn't get what exactly "silver kill coil" is though , pardon my noobness here :).

kaneunderground said:

If you see a HAF-X personally, you will become its die-hard fan.
Check out my version, still upgrading it. :D
Scythe Kaze Server Fan Controller (adding some more mods this month)
hafxkaze.jpg

With GTX 470
hafxgtxsli2.jpg

You can actually fit entire mid tower inside HAF-X
hafx7small.jpg

it looks like a monster... havent had a chance to compare with HAF922 though... It looks great with plenty of front panel connectors... just awesome... congrats on your purchase dude

kaneunderground said:
[/COLOR]Your a daring guy TC you have brough asrock !! this mobo is awarded by toms hardware how is it ?? sexy rig but why HAF ? why are people so crazy about haf?? dont we get any other brands in india ??

ASRock board, was cheapest available when I bought it, purchased after reading reviews. My brother has ASUS Rampage II Gene. mobo. But I like my ASRock board because bios options are very easy to understand than ASUS ones.
board quality is good as well, have good OC options in BIOS as high-end mobos. have. who cares going beyond 200 bclk? 4 GHZ is more than enough OC for 24x7 run. else is waste of money and power.

[quote name='paul_p']If you see a HAF-X personally, you will become its die-hard fan.
Check out my version, still upgrading it. :D

Hell no, atleast i am not a fan of HAF X! when stacker 830/832, Cosmos,TJ07 are around.......but still a very very feature rich and VFM case.
Nooffence buddy...personal opinion:)
@OP Congrats..Slick WC!

Hey audio, you actually need to see the price of the cabinets you have mentioned. The TJ 07 is not available and all the rest are upwards of 14.5k, IF available. I personally dont like the exteriors of the HAF series, but the interiors of the X more than make up for all of that. Take some time and make a build in the Cosmos. its a great looker, but the setup sucks unless you mod it big time. try the ATCS, same issue. The TJ 07 is a great case, but rarely do you find anyone using it in its stock configuration. And the Lian Li's which have a lot of features are upwards of 18k...so whats left? the Corsair 800D, good, but again around 15k plus and not easily available....

Back