My Zippo Collection

webgupta

Adept
Jul 22, 2012
Kolkata/Singapore
Damages Done So Far lol
how much in all did u spend on them so far if u dont mine sharing ;)

in all the zippo's i've got ... hm .. over 2-3lacs :p

@webgupta

My brother needs a zippo lighter and has asked me to bring it from US. He gave me a link for the same and wants this particular one.
My queries are (I have zero idea about lighters)

1. Is this genuine lighter ? How to identify ?
2. Is this torch type or flame type ?
3. I read the reviews and someone mentioned that it does not come with its fluid so it is basically not usable out of the box. If that is the case, then can i carry THIS PARTICULAR lighter on an airplane ? If yes then carry on or only check in ?
4. Do zippo lighters have international warranty ? I read somewhere they do have it.

1. yep it is genuine since amazon doesnt sell fake stuff, but i doubt they are allowed to ship lighters internationally, since Zippo's made a policy of not shipping them out of USA.
2.Flame
2. They zippo's come unfilled, need to buy the fuel separately, yes they can be carried on airplanes (checked baggage)
4, They have international lifetime warranty, if anything goes wrong, ship it to their HQ in Bradford, they would either repair it or send you a new one at no cost :)

Last edited by a moderator:

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
in all the zippo's i've got ... hm .. over 2-3lacs :p

1. yep it is genuine since amazon doesnt sell fake stuff, but i doubt they are allowed to ship lighters internationally, since Zippo's made a policy of not shipping them out of USA.
2.Flame
2. They zippo's come unfilled, need to buy the fuel separately, yes they can be carried on airplanes (checked baggage)
4, They have international lifetime warranty, if anything goes wrong, ship it to their HQ in Bradford, they would either repair it or send you a new one at no cost :)

I am in US currently so getting the lighter is not an issue.

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
its k then, but this one is not a good lighter to look at, there are better JD lighters, this one has a plate stuck to it, makes it heavy. just a suggestion :)

If you can suggest some other reasonably priced one (preferably from amazon only) then it would be great. I can show them to my brother.

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
^^
Zippos are a concept man. There is nothing like this lighter. One can actually light it, how they show in movies against the jeans. Down-->Up action. Ya, as mentioned above, they come unfilled, cause liquid content is used. Which a cotton wad soaks up, and the wick is entwined around the wad. The whole absorbent and wick are in a dual metal layer. So nothing leaks out. Awesome.

webgupta

Adept
Jul 22, 2012
Kolkata/Singapore
If you can suggest some other reasonably priced one (preferably from amazon only) then it would be great. I can show them to my brother.

amazon doesnt have a good collection of JD zippo's , mostly they are with plates or stickers, (which wear off with frequent use or sweat), check out armor ones, they are the real deal, they come expensive, but worth it.

webgupta

Adept
Jul 22, 2012
Kolkata/Singapore
Start smoking! :p

Where's the lamp and the machine gun thing??

Guy in the video must be Ranjikanth :D .................. or not, he probably doesn't need a zippo for his cigarettes.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HyuzNP_UP4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hahaha .. no bro .. no smoking :p
the lamp and the machine gun, both are there .
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

gosh !! since when have you started watching rajnikanth !! :p u need a break .. go go back to chennai for a while :p