N-97 mini or Xperia X1

hemant0285

Disciple
hi frnds... please suggest me.. which cell shd i buy
SOny Ericsson Xperia-X1
or
Nokia N-97 MIni

My requirements are
QWERTY Keyboard and a very good organiser..

Well Nokia s nokia.. its graphics are quite good also and a very user friendly phone.

Xperia s X1 has the advantage of Windows 6.1
But i m not kind of satisfied with the graphics of Windows 6.1...
I have not seen this phone personally... The message nd contacts interface is not quite great I guess....

I am getting X1 for 21k at National Market Bangalore..

And I guess N97-mini would be in the same range (+-3k)

please suggest..
I am not in for SOny Erric s X2 as it would cross my budget..

and when is this N97 mini launching...

you'd feel different if its the first time you gonna use a Windows Mobile phone. I'd personally prefer SE X1. Its has better build quality, better looks and a better screen. I dont know much about Nokia N97 but have owned the first s60v5 phone by nokia i.e. the 5800xm. I just didnt like the symbian os at all. anyway that was my personal choice. WinMo is a little cluttered but powerful. You have tons of apps out there to download. Assuming you'd prefer the phone for calling, organising, and thirdly multimedia, I'd say go for x1.

P.s. : I own a HTC Tytn II and am gonna sell it to get a x1 or wait for x2 to come in :hap2:

I used to own an X1 and while the phone's pretty good with a cooked WinMo 6.5 ROM, check the production week before you buy. Thousands of folks have seen their X1s seemingly crack from the corner edges for no apparent reason. The stock ROM on the X1 is the worst ROM I have ever seen in my life btw.

I had a loaner N97 for a few weeks and it's keyboard wasn't too comfortable, so if the Mini is like that, I would suggest that you try banging out a few long-ish messages before buying one.

buy xperia x1 and upgrade to custom winmo 6.5.X rom by dutty, miri or nrgz etc....

personally i dont like the symbian os....

I m having HTC Touch HD and will be selling it shortly (in 4-6 days)....

Guys why cant he go for Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO for 21k. It has all the features plus a bigger screen, faster proccy, oled screen, accelerometer and a much more touch friendly interface!

Neo Anderson said:
Guys why cant he go for Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO for 21k. It has all the features plus a bigger screen, faster proccy, oled screen, accelerometer and a much more touch friendly interface!

Good suggestion. The only thing that worries me is Samsung's post-sales dev support for its high end phones which is virtually non-existent, although that is alleviated to some extent by the tons of custom ROMs available, unlike Symbian.

gforce said:
Good suggestion. The only thing that worries me is Samsung's post-sales dev support for its high end phones which is virtually non-existent, although that is alleviated to some extent by the tons of custom ROMs available, unlike Symbian.

yeah its a winmo! we'll get hell lotsa cooked ROMs out there. and with the hardware this sammy has I guess it has a long way to go with a variety of coked roms :eek:hyeah:

As a X1 user and all my previous phones are based on symbion, I recommend X1 all the way... it rocks with Agents cooked rom(Firestorm series) :D

karthikrg said:
Why not go for the full fledged N97 as opposed to the Mini?
Because the N97 has proven to be quite buggy, misses out on some important stuff that the Mini has (just compare the C: drive) and most importantly, the N97 has been phased out in a lot of stores across Europe in favor of the Mini.

i am still confused.. need some more reviews... I wanna go for X1 but worried tat it has the old Microsoft windows 6.1 .... even if I upgradxe it to 6.5... The basic grpahics of contacts messages are as same that of 6.1... compared to N97 s symbian win 6.1//6.5 has cheap lookin graphics... ny suggestions reviews....

karthikrg said:
Why not go for the full fledged N97 as opposed to the Mini?

SIze s a lil problem for me.. and the small wonder is even low on budget... say 4k less

Back