Nasal Septum Deviation

lol, I have some sort of dust allergy that makes my nose quite a bit sensitive..... but the doc told me..there is no cure.... just move to a location with lesser pollution...

pratikb said:
Their is nothing to be ashamed of.

General anaesthesia puts you in complete sleep and your breathing is totally on ventilator and it needs anaesthetists through out surgery to monitor all vital body parameters and it has its own risks like delayed recovery out of anaesthesia .

Drugs are more involved for induction of anaesthesia. Maintainance of anaesthesia, reversal of anaesthesia,

Monitoring of your vital parameters like blood pressure, heart rate,oxygen saturation in blood and carbon dioxide in expired gases and precious ventilation. This all requires anaesthetists and fantastic team.

Whereas in local anaesthesia, nothing

Major,just area of surgery is made numb and you are given proper pain relief for surgery and put you in light sleep.

So it's far safer approach

You will be surprised to know even open heart surgery has been done under local/ regional anaesthesia.

So dont worry go ahead with local anaesthesia.

I have had 2 minor surgeries done through local anesthesia. It isnt dangerous or anything....also you can feel what they are cutting off. The only pain is .... well "the pain" when the anaesthesia wears off...but then that is in all cases

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pratikb said:
Your doc is right.reduce allergen exposure.basic and best approach.

Prevention always better than cure..

I have heard that a lot...but it is not feasible to carry a vacuum cleaner everywhere. And really how much can I reduce? this is something that happens 365 days of the year..... I sneeze through life! the doc joked once... go and live in Switzerland.

aman.pitbull said:
Guys keep your ears clean(clean em weekly), dont share your IEM'S!!! and following a hygienic and healthy lifestyle. Almost all ENT problems will go away :) . I had this problem quite a lot about 2yrs back, it's all gone now.

Basically try to exercise for at least 1 hour daily and such small problems will stop occurring completely.

For some people high altitude to low altitude acclimatization takes 2-3 months so keep that in mind too.
I completely agree with you.any headphone, iEM dont use beyond 60% volume and again dont use beyond 1 hrs.

Perhaps medpal doc can guide regarding headsets use.

Gannu said:
^And why would GA be any scarier? Doesn't GA make the patient go to a complete sleep mode without him/her knowing what is being done? What are the implications of both GA and LA?

Doc sorry for asking these queries but just being concerned! :ashamed:

Believe it or not, like pratikb rightly mentioned, general anesthesia is much more complicated and requires a lot of expertise than a local anesthesia. Wherever possible, surgeons generally prefer LA or its variants to GA; the major con with LA being patients' apprehension.

^Apprehension is the problem with my case as well. :ashamed:

Anyhow I think I'll pay doc a visit this weekend.

Gannu- please do not do this till you have been inspected by doc1.

Unless a nose job is what you actually want like those who got one done and blamed the poor nasal septum for being a little out of line.:p

P.S. Once all deviated septums have been taken care of, circumcision maybe the new thing to do for the docs who are out to make a quick buck.

"OMG, you are not peeing straight/strong. It will cause erectile dysfunction. I strongly recommend circumcision. You will make love like a horse." :|

Back