Budget 30-40k Need a new smartphone

Emrebel

Adept
I am looking a new smartphone for my brother. I insisted for an iPhone but he is against it
Let me know if you guys have good suggestions

1. Budget?
A: INR 25-35k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: AMOLED with preferably higher refresh rate

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G+5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Movies , Camera

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, 256gb storage

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model.
A. He suggested Mi 11T Pro but I am not sure

It is around 30k on amazon with current sale.
My only doubt is reviews have complained about the build quality of the phone

I got it for my mother & yes build quality is little flimsy but it's not like it will break one little fall except that phone is really good in all aspects. Just don't update to Android 12 right away if you buy it. Currently Android 12 is buggy in almost every brand phones even samsung failed optimize it properly.

OnePlus 9R is currently on sale on Amazon for 34k (before applying any bank/exchange offers). A good value for money phone at that price.

If you something more cheaper, then Mi 11X is also another option.

But why? Any specific reason I should be aware of?
Bloatware.. tonnes of it. Their custom UI is so heavy that it can feel sluggish even on a 6gb ram variant. Being poorly optimised, it leads to battery drain, heating issues.
To cut short, you don't get the worth of money you spend.
Guys please suggest if there are any other phones (recently released ones as well).
So far I am thinking to go with Realme 9 pro plus
Seems like a decent option. The OIS is a great feature if you into photography or videos. If you can live with the UX, then you would be good to go.

Bloatware.. tonnes of it. Their custom UI is so heavy that it can feel sluggish even on a 6gb ram variant. Being poorly optimised, it leads to battery drain, heating issues.

Seems like a decent option. The OIS is a great feature if you into photography or videos. If you can live with the UX, then you would be good to go.
He is currently using a realme phone so I thought transition will be simple

Been using realme pro 9 plus.
Good mobile with excellent camera specially low light.
It is a good purchase if you want something that is well balance between power and efficiency plus offers excellent camera.
price is little on higher side definitely . If it was not for camera you can definitely get much better specs for that much money.

So I bought a Realme 9 pro plus. It has very less bloatware, there are a lot of apps but most can be uninstalled. Most default apps are actually useful. There are only 2-3 useless apps which is on par with Apple. UI is very light, responsive. Better than One UI and ahead of iOS in a lot of things. I wish if my M1 ipad pro has all these features. Feels extremely fast and butter smooth. There was a minor stutter when coming back to home screen but recently got an update and that last stutter has vanished. The display quality is comparable to my M1 ipad pro. HDR looks great too.
Phone is highly optimised. Never heats up in day to day tasks and even while super fast charging. Battery backup is great. I am using forced 90Hz refresh rate and I am getting about 6 hours screen on time from 100-25% if charged with a 25 watt fast charger. Default charger reduces the backup. Standby battery drain is also better than Samsung. Speakers are also very good and loud. Vocal clarity is excellent from the speakers. The chipset is just the right combination of fast performance, good battery life and no overheating. Camera is stupendous in indoor lighting. It crushes something like an iPhone 11. The kind of images it produces indoors is sometimes better than even a one inch BSI sensor especially for social media. I have stopped using a dedicated cam indoors. It offers very good value for money if a great camera, fast and buttery smooth performance, good battery backup, good speakers, useful and optimised features, negligible bloatware, slim and lightweight, no hidden issues, no overheating is a priority.
Realme has nailed it.

So I bought a Realme 9 pro plus. It has very less bloatware, there are a lot of apps but most can be uninstalled. Most default apps are actually useful. There are only 2-3 useless apps which is on par with Apple. UI is very light, responsive. Better than One UI and ahead of iOS in a lot of things. I wish if my M1 ipad pro has all these features. Feels extremely fast and butter smooth. There was a minor stutter when coming back to home screen but recently got an update and that last stutter has vanished. The display quality is comparable to my M1 ipad pro. HDR looks great too.
Phone is highly optimised. Never heats up in day to day tasks and even while super fast charging. Battery backup is great. I am using forced 90Hz refresh rate and I am getting about 6 hours screen on time from 100-25% if charged with a 25 watt fast charger. Default charger reduces the backup. Standby battery drain is also better than Samsung. Speakers are also very good and loud. Vocal clarity is excellent from the speakers. The chipset is just the right combination of fast performance, good battery life and no overheating. Camera is stupendous in indoor lighting. It crushes something like an iPhone 11. The kind of images it produces indoors is sometimes better than even a one inch BSI sensor especially for social media. I have stopped using a dedicated cam indoors. It offers very good value for money if a great camera, fast and buttery smooth performance, good battery backup, good speakers, useful and optimised features, negligible bloatware, slim and lightweight, no hidden issues, no overheating is a priority.
Realme has nailed it.
agree to almost everything you say.
Display 120hz would have been better though.

Rest nothing else to complain and camera is crazy good for the price .

Who will buy 256gb one if they start giving micro sd option.....they force consumers hand one way or the other to buy and pay extra for big storage.
It was present in the predecessor Realme 8

And your argument could have been used even 5 years ago but brands still provided a micrd sd card slot and dual sim. No hybrid nonsense.

Last edited:
Back