Budget 30-40k Need a new smartphone

Emrebel

Adept
I am looking a new smartphone for my brother. I insisted for an iPhone but he is against it
Let me know if you guys have good suggestions

1. Budget?
A: INR 25-35k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: AMOLED with preferably higher refresh rate

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G+5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Movies , Camera

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, 256gb storage

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model.
A. He suggested Mi 11T Pro but I am not sure

It was present in the predecessor Realme 8

And your argument could have been used even 5 years ago but brands still provided a micrd sd card slot and dual sim. No hybrid nonsense.
Exactly my point. They purposely removed it. no hybrid option also in this one.

Even sandisk mp3 has removed microsd from their high end mp3s and giving option to pay extra for more storage.
Where as I have owned like 5-6 mp3s from Sandisk and this is the first time I see no option for microsd. I was so sure when buying the latest one that I bought the 8gb one only to realize it does not have microsd slot.

agree to almost everything you say.
Display 120hz would have been better though.

Rest nothing else to complain and camera is crazy good for the price .
I think 90 Hz is a very good middle ground between smooth feel and good battery backup. It may be just me but I feel no significant difference between 90 and 120 Hz but there is a noticeable difference between 60Hz and 90Hz. The camera is indeed a class above especially indoors. When I compared it with iphone 11 I was surprised. I will do another round with iPhone 11 and 12.
The 1.8 apeture on the main camera helps. But no microsd card. Why ?
Not only that but the image processing indoors is simply outstanding. Many times the images are a bit more brighter than the actual exposure but the images are very pleasing even when zoomed in. Reducing the exposure from default image editor produces very natural looking results. It is low light monster. Even if the subject is totally dark you can still get a usable shot after increasing the exposure.

Not only that but the image processing indoors is simply outstanding. Many times the images are a bit more brighter than the actual exposure but the images are very pleasing even when zoomed in. Reducing the exposure from default image editor produces very natural looking results. It is low light monster. Even if the subject is totally dark you can still get a usable shot after increasing the exposure.
I'm surprised it took 5 years for a chinese brand to match the V20. Camera with OIS in 2022 what LG offered in 2016 which i paid 30k for end 2017

The Realme 8 Pro did not have OIS.

It used to be that it took 4 years for a midranger to catchup with a flagship. The Chinese shrunk that to 2-3 years but only with CPU specs. Camera still remains years out. As far as camera goes you're good. I consider the V20 good enough even today for day to day tasks.

selfies are better on the realme than the FE

Back