Budget 51-70k Need a PC for Architectural Work.

Yes the Xeons are cheaper i7s, i.e. 4 core / 8 threads. If you're getting a good price on them, they should be better value for money. Out of curiosity, what prices are you being quoted?

How much power you need really revolves around the GPU you're selecting. Since you haven't settled on a GPU yet, I figured you were putting in the 650W to cope with a high-end card. But if you're getting something like a GTX 750 Ti, even a good quality ~400W unit would be more than enough.

Well I haven't enquired about Xeons processors in shops, but I just found these links : -

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Intel+Xeon+E3+1230+V3+3.30+GHz+Processor_C30P21365.html

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Intel+Xeon+E3+1240+V3+3.40+GHz+Processor_C30P21366.html

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Intel+Xeon+E3-1245+V3+3.40GHz+Processor_C30P21367.html

And about the GPU, I won't be going beyond GTX 750Ti (Ti version comes only with 2 GB and no 1 GB right?). I will not be playing games. (Ohk.. may be lil bit of NFS or CS or something for timepass or showoff but that's it.)

So, the GPU is fixed i.e. GTX 750 Ti. Till now I saw only This, this and this cards of MSI and Galaxy.

Seasonic M12 series has a lower 520W Model. Can you recommend any other PSU.

I wanted to ask if the heat spreaders on Corsair RAM's are really useful? Or they are preferred because they have a better CAS latency than Kingston ones?

Yeah a 4k saving with the Xeon for just a 100MHz stock clock difference is well worth it.

Didn't notice they've introduced the M12 520 also. Its effectively an S12 II 520 with modular connectors. Any other PSUs I would recommend are all listed in the recommended psu guide you read. I would not recommend the Corsair GS600 mentioned above.

Heatspreaders are not essential if you're running at stock clocks/stock voltages since DDR3 chips runs pretty cool as is. I'm guessing Kingston HyperX sticks should match the Corsair XMS stuff in latency. Which specific sticks are you looking at?

Hello all

Finally I am going for the following configuration: -

Intel i7-4790K - 22500
Gigabyte - H97M-D3H - 7400
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB - 5200
Samsung 250GB 840 EVO - 10200
1TB WD Caviar Blue - 3500
Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti - 11000
Coolermaster K281 - 3300
LG 22MP55HQ/22MP56HQ (Anyone knows the difference? Apart from the body colour?)
Seasonic SS500BT or S12G-550
APC UPS 600V - 2000
Logitech MK 270 - 1550

Shopkeeper is recommending SS-500-BT Series. But I cant find it on Seasonic Website. Also, there are some PSU's labelled Haswell ready (4790K is Haswell Refresh), so what I am thinking is that I should opt for them. I don't know if it's true or not. According to the shopkeeper it doesn't matter as all motherboards have same sockets. So can anyone help me out in this?

Thank you.

(PS: Rates are from a shop in Nehru Place.)

The SS-500BT is an Eco model. It has quite a bit of cost cutting in terms of components, and isn't a recommended buy. The S12G should be decent.

So it means I should not go for any other than Haswell Ready labelled ones?
Discussed quite a bit in this thread : https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/best-power-supply-units.148687/
Short version : Not necessary. Haswell Ready basically guarantees that your PSU will be stable at low loads like 5W (which is the power level a Haswell processor can drop down to under low loads). The thing is, there are so many other components in your rig - GPUs, fans, etc. that its literally impossible for a rig like yours to idle below 50W let alone get near 5W. Still, the S12G is Haswell ready, if that bothers you.

Oh... Thanks for the link Eddy. I have been checked that guide many times, but never explored the discussions. That's cool then. So, I don't need to worry about my PSU shutting down when idle. So it means I am open to choose other models such as Seasonic S12II 520 or M12II-520Bronze or M12II Evo Edition-520Bronze?

Hey vyral, thanks for suggestion. But I would like to go for Samsung only. Reason, well its just a better brand, and there are good reviews everywhere. There are some places where Crucial is winning over Samsung but Samsung is winning at many places (Benchmarks I mean).

Back