Linux Need a program to do xyz task in GNU/Linux? Ask here!

Any decent Presentation(PPT & PPTX) Viewers. I'm very new to Unix/Ubuntu. Using Ubuntu 10.10 now and I don't feel comfortable using OpenOffice. I guess it takes time for getting used to it !!

I have installed MS Office 2007 using wine, but the fonts are a bit messed up and some functions are crap. If there are any alternatives, please suggest.

Nice thread btw :)

Re: Need a program to do xxx task in GNU/Linux? Ask here!

Can this achieved ?
1. Installing & working Linux with a 8GB USB
2. Using as a Router for 3GB USB Modem cum downloading
3. Able to Log via LAN
Means as a dedicated Home Server, without keyboard, Mouse & Monitor, able to log remotely via LAN

FkRWC.jpg

I don't need a software but friends how to change the theme.It is not working

Any decent Presentation(PPT & PPTX) Viewers. I'm very new to Unix/Ubuntu. Using Ubuntu 10.10 now and I don't feel comfortable using OpenOffice. I guess it takes time for getting used to it !!

have a look at this http://forum.oldversion.com/showthread.php?4546-TonicPoint-Viewer

also http://docs.google.com/viewer works fine..

I don't need a software but friends how to change the theme.It is not working

drag and drop the tarball of the theme to the appearence preferences -> theme window. If it doesnt work theere can be some problems with the format

I have installed MS Office 2007 using wine, but the fonts are a bit messed up and some functions are crap. If there are any alternatives, please suggest.

Nice thread btw
happy19.gif

Try IBM Symphony, has a a whole lot cooler interface than Open/Libre Office

any idea if there is any tool that can extract .dz file from a .kdz(LG firmware) file in linux? I am using a windows equivalent called LG Utils 0.4.2 as of now

thanks

Back