Need a storage Geyser for two people

Till recently I have used immersion heater for having bath. Thought it's time I upgrade to Geyser. We are two people. So what kind of capacity should we look for? Also the options I considered are AO Smith, Racold and Bajaj.

Kindly suggest me which one to go for. Most probably I will buy Kent Water Softener since the water would be bore water in apartment. We live in 3rd Floor.

15L should suffice for a family of 2. Racold/Bajaj both are good brand for a geyser and you won't be needing a water softener unless the water quality is so hard that it is scaling your taps etc.

Racold. Ours are now 25 years and going strong. How great is that? That's probably older than most on this forum.

We have 25 liters in each bathroom, but really that's not needed. Unless you have hot tub baths, 15 liters is enough for a shower for two.

Racold. Ours are now 25 years and going strong. How great is that? That's probably older than most on this forum.

We have 25 liters in each bathroom, but really that's not needed. Unless you have hot tub baths, 15 liters is enough for a shower for two.
We had one for 30-35 years or so, but it gave up a couple of years back. My father had bought it in the late 70s. It was hard to justify the cost of replacing its internals. Though, what surprised me was that Racold still carried spare parts for such an old model.

Whichever Geyser You Buy Check with Service Centres first, dont buy a Plastic Body !! My Crompton Greaves 25L Blasted off (Yeah First time heard in My life, Luckily nobody was hurt) !! The Plastic body fell open,
It was 3yr old, even the service engineer had seen anything like this for the first time, They promptly offered a Brand new 2013 model as replacement as it might be material quality issue, though it was well out of warranty !! Responded and fixed the issue in 24hrs, Kudos to their service .
My 2 Advices..
1. Service centres at your place, AO Smith is pretty bad in this area, Racold is good
2. Buy a Powder coated Metal body instead of ABS Plastic body !

Racold. Ours are now 25 years and going strong. How great is that?
Nothing great about it! There was a time when everything was built super tough. You just can't use an old model's build quality to compare with what's available today. Things aren't that good these days and it's true for all the consumer goods.

I am not implying that the brand Racold (or any other brand) is inferior... it's just that old/phased out models shouldn't be compared to newer ones.

Till recently I have used immersion heater for having bath. Thought it's time I upgrade to Geyser. We are two people. So what kind of capacity should we look for? Also the options I considered are AO Smith, Racold and Bajaj.

Kindly suggest me which one to go for. Most probably I will buy Kent Water Softener since the water would be bore water in apartment. We live in 3rd Floor.
More than capacity, worry about wattage. With a high wattage system the water heats up much faster. It is especially important if you stay in a cold place.

I am not implying that the brand Racold (or any other brand) is inferior... it's just that old/phased out models shouldn't be compared to newer ones.
Racold is still a very reliable brand for water geyser and used in most households.

I checked another thread here in the forum and someone was saying that Racold/Bajaj are not that reliable and instead to go for AO Smith. Also I get free installation with AO Smith.

One more thing one of my friend was saying he fills the water in bucket and has bath. In that case wouldn't it be ok to continue with Immersion rod.

Kindly advise wrt Immersion Rod Vs Geyser.

^^
Ya, if the user prefers bucket then use that. Just a geyser looks trendy since water is outputted directly to taps.

Make sure your circuits can take the extra load.

Having said that, most storage geysers are 2kva.
Yes, a lot depends on the wiring, mine were/ are 5 KW, which makes it about 7 kva, the original were 3KW - 20 litres, at 5W it works like an instant heater too, and can have nice long hot showers

Why isn't anyone suggesting instant water geysers? I have one from Bajaj of 3 liters capacity. Get instantaneous hot water with low to medium water flow in the tap. Lesser the water flow hotter the water.

You use it for as much water as you want, only when needed. Saves you considerably on electricity bill, compared to conventional water geysers (my experience)

One more problem which is delaying my purchase is as follows:
I don't have direct water/tap water/muncipal water/drinking water supply in my bathroom. There is only borewater tap available in the bathroom. Only one we have is in Kitchen. So I have the following options.
1. Get a small overhead tank built in bathroom and have the water poured in manually to store and connect the geyser to it.
2. Get a Water Softener and connect it to the Bore water tap in bathroom
3. Have the geyser fixed in kitchen and collect the water in bucket.

For the overhead tanker thing I'm not sure what kind of capacity should I look in for. I assume geyser needs connection to water which flows uninterruptedly.

Two reasons why I want to avoid the current method i.e. Immersion road is
1. Safety
2. Water doesn't stay hot for long time.

^^ if your borewell water is too corrosive then you'd have to look for costlier geysers, with protective lining and stuff like that.
you can install 1000 litre translucent storage tank in kitchen/bathroom and fill it using half HP water pump. you can connect the pump to your only tap with a two-way connection. you can forego the pump if you get enough pressure in the tap.

i had 2 translucent storage tanks in kitchen and bathroom in my earlier house. they were of less height and lot wider, so that they could be installed underneath the roof.

you can install the geyser wherever you want. digital geysers give a lot of options to make things easier, like auto start. even though i am using such geysers but don't know how they perform in case of power loss (saving settings).

^^ if your borewell water is too corrosive then you'd have to look for costlier geysers, with protective lining and stuff like that.
you can install 1000 litre translucent storage tank in kitchen/bathroom and fill it using half HP water pump. you can connect the pump to your only tap with a two-way connection. you can forego the pump if you get enough pressure in the tap.

i had 2 translucent storage tanks in kitchen and bathroom in my earlier house. they were of less height and lot wider, so that they could be installed underneath the roof.

you can install the geyser wherever you want. digital geysers give a lot of options to make things easier, like auto start. even though i am using such geysers but don't know how they perform in case of power loss (saving settings).
Thanks for your precious advice. What are digital geysers? Can you give some suggestions?

almost all the geysers available today have a mechanical cut-off to prevent overheating. digital geysers use electronic sensors to control the desired temperature. they also provide other convenient features that can make you a slave of technology :p

just have a look at those AO Smiths, Haiers etc and see if you want to spend extra for a such geysers or a simple on/off type will do for you.

I don't think I will be spending extra bucks on having a tank installed in the bathroom that too in a rented apartment.
My options would be to either continue with the immersion rod or to get the geyser installed in the kitchen.

Back