Need advice from Samsung Guru E1081/E1085/E1160/E1175/E1225 Users...

Neo-N

Skilled
I need to buy one of these phones for my sister as her backup phones for the monsoons. I suggested Nokia but she insists on Samsung. :S

But she has a few requirements:

1) The phone should be able to save long/large messages (more than 160 characters long) in the inbox as one single message. i.e. a message of say 180 characters should not be shown as 2 separate messages - 1 of 160 characters and the other of 20 characters in the inbox.

2) The phone should be able to send long/large messages (more than 160 characters) at one go and not as two or more separate messages.

3) The phone should be capable of allowing to enter the 'enter' symbol to skip to the next line when typing the message. It seems a lot of Samsung phones lack this feature.

So, I request the Samsung Guru users to please let me know if any of the currently available Guru Models does all of this. Thanx in advance.

P.S.: If you help me out, you'll actually be minimizing my risk of losing ~ 1k on a phone that'll be rejected after purchase. So, please HELP!!! :ashamed:

I have E1252. Ok, I tried sending a long message (>160 characters) to my own number. The message was sent as 2 messages (- this gotta have something to do with the provider). Receiving worked as expected. There is no enter key symbol in the message itself. But the third tap on 0 created a new line. I hope I could be of some help.

sajitsm said:
I have E1252. Ok, I tried sending a long message (>160 characters) to my own number. The message was sent as 2 messages (- this gotta have something to do with the provider). Receiving worked as expected. There is no enter key symbol in the message itself. But the third tap on 0 created a new line. I hope I could be of some help.

^^ Thanx a lot...

I had never thought that the messages were split up by the provider. On my 1280, when I send a long message (> 160 Chars), the message is sent as one and shown as a single message in the outbox (though I obviously get charged for 2 messages!).

Same happens when I receive a long message... It is shown as one single message in the inbox.

And this also happens with all the symbian phones, my Desire and even other basic phones from Nokia. I dunno how this limitation works only for Samsung. :(
manu1991 said:
As sajitsm mentioned the 160 character sending limit is imposed by the service providers. All phones send messages more than 160 characters as separate sms's.

^^ Thanx. Like I said above, the limitation seems to occur only for Samsung phones. Any idea if a byepass to this limitation is available?

Even I have an E1252. It supports long messages just like nokia. No Worries.. And it also has a massive storage of 1000 SMS + 1000 Contacts! Nice basic phone with all the features.. Dunno about the lower of th guru series..

niteshkhatri said:
Even I have an E1252. It supports long messages just like nokia. No Worries.. And it also has a massive storage of 1000 SMS + 1000 Contacts! Nice basic phone with all the features.. Dunno about the lower of th guru series..

^^ Thanx... But I am a bit confused...

If you send a long message (>160 chars) from your E1252, is it shown as one single message in your outbox??

And if you receive a long message (>160 chars) on your E1252, is it shown as one single message in your inbox??

I am not interested in how the message is received by the recipient i.e. the one who is not using the E1252. :p
agantuk said:
Just saw this thread. Have a E2152 at home. Will check and update later tonight :)

^^ Yes, please do that. Thanx in advance.

Also, if anyone of you all are bored of and want to sell their phones, please do PM me... :ashamed:

nehaladsul said:

If you send a long message (>160 chars) from your E1252, is it shown as one single message in your outbox??

And if you receive a long message (>160 chars) on your E1252, is it shown as one single message in your inbox??

I am not interested in how the message is received by the recipient i.e. the one who is not using the E1252. :p

Also, if anyone of you all are bored of and want to sell their phones, please do PM me... :ashamed:

Yes man it works like that, you will see only 1 message in your inbox or outbox even if its more that 160 chars.

Hmm.. Now that you have asked I can think of selling my E1252. Not even 6 months old, still in warranty, need to check the invoice details.

nehaladsul said:

If you send a long message (>160 chars) from your E1252, is it shown as one single message in your outbox?? Sorry Never Checked

And if you receive a long message (>160 chars) on your E1252, is it shown as one single message in your inbox?? Yap

using RCOMLB1@LB Can get u a New Phone for Rs 1436,then Why go for a used One?
even i gifted this phone to one of my cousin sisters,and she was quite happy
Except Tha Scratch-happy backplate,there are no negative points for This Phone...

Just my 2 Paise :)

I just checked the E2152 I have, and here is what I found

1) Stored as single message
2) The OS suggests it is sent as multiple, but it is received / stored as one message in the Sent folder, not multiple
3) Enter symbol is present

can you give ur feedback on this model . i am waiting to buy a basic dual sim . but samsung does not impress me . apart from its net connectivity how is the battery life voice quality during a call. its audio output and its dual sim manager. its signal strength of its dual sim.

Back