Need advice in building a 50K CPU

vb01

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - Intel dual core e2140

Mobo - Intel 945G

GPU - Nvidia 8800gt

RAM - Transcend 2X1GB

Monitor - Dell 24’’ Wide Screen

SMPS - Intex 450W

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor - Dell 24’’ Wide Screen

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel Core i7 2600k

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R

RAM - GSKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600

GPU - MSI Radeon HD 6850 1GB

Cabinet - Cooler Master elite 342

SMPS - Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 460W

Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

No, will not upgrade within 6 months.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Bangalore

Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

Browsing

Desktop Processing

HTPC

Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No such dislikes.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

FPS - Crysis 2, Ghost Recon.Future Soldier (when released) etc.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1280x720

Desktop - 1920 X 1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

This is what I will suggest --

Intel Core i5 2500 ~12500/- [as you are not over-clocking scale back on the processor and motherboard]

Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz 4GB x2 ~3400/-

AMD HD 6870 ~10900/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [hard drive prices are high due to floods in Thailand last year OR get second had from TE classifieds section and save here]

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3600/-

NZXT Gamma ~2600/-

Dell ST2220L ~8300/-

Logitech K200 keyboard ~450/-

Logitech G300 gaming mouse ~1300/- http://www.techenclave.com/topic/510105-logitech-g300-review/

APC BR700C-IN ~2800/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

ALPHA17, Thanks for the advice.
<

But I don't need a Mouse/ Keyboard/ Monitor/UPS.

The budget is 50K just for the CPU, excluding the above mentioned items.

Can you please let me know what will be the best config?

The processor will be a Core i7 2600K as I'm taking it from a friend (just under 2 months old) for Rs.12500.

So apart from that I've around 38K for the rest :-

[font=arial, sans-serif]Motherboard - [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]RAM - [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]GPU - [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Cabinet -[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]SMPS -[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Storage-

Regards[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Vaibhav[/font]

#vb01 This is OT but a CPU is also known as the processor. Using the term CPU for a system is incorrect, thus use the term system configuration.

Hi mjumrani, my apologies for the wrong terminology. Thank you for correcting me.

As you've read my post, can you advice me on the system configuration??

As you're not looking to overclock, get value RAM sticks and try to get a better graphics card that can do even better at 1080p. The cpu gpu combo is unbalanced for gaming. No point in playing at 720p on a 50k system. Also playing on non native resolution on an LCD makes everything blurry due to poor interpolation. Also, please stay away from cooler master extreme power plus.

Hey nvidia10, thanks for the advice. Which gpu do you suggest I should go for?

And also please advice on the alternatives of cooler master extreme?

Get atleast an HD6950 1GB retailing around 14k or 2GB version around 16k or wait for the HD7xxx alternative.

As for the PSU, I haven't updated myself in that segment for nearly 2 years. So, look for some recent threads about PSU in this section or PC Peripherals section. Get something above 500W to accomodate a little breathing room in case of future upgrades. Also, don't invest too much in a motherboard if you don't have plans of overclocking or using multiple gpus. Do post before buying as you may get some suggestions to refine your config.

P.S If you have a hard drive, wait for the prices to drop and buy it later. Go through the TE PC buying guide once. Also, why are you considering a P55 motherboard for 2nd gen i7?

It'd be easier to suggest a motherboard if you let us know if you have plans to use Crossfire/SLI or not.

Also, why are you considering a P55 motherboard for 2nd gen i7?

I think I've some research to do before I can answer your question. heh.

I really don't have much idea as to which motherboard will be best for a 2nd gen i7.

I just went through some models and randomly selected one.

Can you please advice on this? also can you just give a brief description as to why a P55 won't be good.

Yeah I think I'll wait for the prices to drop for the hard disk.

About the gpu, many of my friends told me to wait, hope it is available in soon coz I can't wait too long.

Thanks a lot nvidia10.

I'll surely update the config before buying.

ALPHA17, Thanks for the advice.
<

[font=arial, sans-serif]Motherboard - Intel DH67-BL ~5800/- OR ASUS P8H67-M EVO ~7500/-[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]RAM - G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz 4GB x2 ~3400/-[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]GPU - AMD 7850 2GB ~16500/- [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Cabinet - NZXT Gamma ~2600/-[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]SMPS - Seasonic S12II 520W ~3500/-[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Storage - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [OR try to purchase a second hand piece from TE Classifieds and save cash here][/font]

UPS - APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4600/-

Happy Holi to all on this thread
<

This is what I will suggest --

Intel Core i5 2500 ~12500/- [as you are not over-clocking scale back on the processor and motherboard]

Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz 4GB x2 ~3400/-

AMD HD 6870 ~10900/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [hard drive prices are high due to floods in Thailand last year OR get second had from TE classifieds section and save here]

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3600/-

NZXT Gamma ~2600/-

Dell ST2220L ~8300/-

Logitech K200 keyboard ~450/-

Logitech G300 gaming mouse ~1300/- http://www.techencla...ch-g300-review/

APC BR700C-IN ~2800/-

any substitute for mobo, does it gives more performance if we have intel processor and mobo ?

any substitute for mobo, does it gives more performance if we have intel processor and mobo ?

No, no such performance boost to be expected, combining Intel motherboard + Intel processor.

I recommended this motherboard due to its decent pricing and best feature set along with it, equivalent third party motherboards are priced ~7000/- OR above.

Thanks for the suggestion Alpha17. It helps a lot.

Just one more thing... both the motherboards you've mentioned support only 1333mhz of Ram... can you please suggest a mobo which supports a 1600mhz module?

Thanks for the suggestion Alpha17. It helps a lot.

Just one more thing... both the motherboards you've mentioned support only 1333mhz of Ram... can you please suggest a mobo which supports a 1600mhz module?

No Intel Sandy-Bridge chipset supports 1600MHz and above RAM modules, you will have to adjust this manually in the BIOS options for RAM.

Here is a flow-chart for Intel Sandy-Bridge P67 / H67 chipsets + Core i7 2600k specifications chart --

P67_block-diagram_450x408.jpg

H67_block-diagram_450x408.jpg

Intel Core i7 2600k Product Brief .

Ohhh... now I get it.

The charts helped a lot.

I think I'll go for the HD 7850.

Will post the final config before buying.

Thank you so much Alpha 17, Nvidia 10.

No, no such performance boost to be expected, combining Intel motherboard + Intel processor.

I recommended this motherboard due to its decent pricing and best feature set along with it, equivalent third party motherboards are priced ~7000/- OR above.

thanks,

also i would like to know, since new intel processors have graphics on the chip itself, does it require to install separate graphics card as well? if so, then will that graphics card and onboard (onchip !!!) graphics will work together or not???

please help !!!

thanks,

also i would like to know, since new intel processors have graphics on the chip itself, does it require to install separate graphics card as well? if so, then will that graphics card and onboard (onchip !!!) graphics will work together or not???

please help !!!

Both the onboard & dedicated graphics will work simultaneously only on Z68 chipset motherboards.

On a P67 chipset only dedicated graphics will be usable while on H67 you could either use the dedicated graphics or the onboard graphics but only one can be used and not both at once as on Z68 chipset.

Installing a dedicated Graphic card depends on your primary purpose for this computer, if you want to use it for gaming then you'll need to install a dedicated graphic card.

Hope this helps.
<

Both the onboard & dedicated graphics will work simultaneously only on Z68 chipset motherboards.

On a P67 chipset only dedicated graphics will be usable while on H67 you could either use the dedicated graphics or the onboard graphics but only one can be used and not both at once as on Z68 chipset.

Installing a dedicated Graphic card depends on your primary purpose for this computer, if you want to use it for gaming then you'll need to install a dedicated graphic card.

Hope this helps.
<

Thanks a lot for helping, one more question remains is tht, if i plan to buy graphics card later and use onboard (onchip !!!) for time being, how much graphics memory will i be able to draw from it???

Back