Need advice in building a 50K CPU

Thanks a lot for helping, one more question remains is tht, if i plan to buy graphics card later and use onboard (onchip !!!) for time being, how much graphics memory will i be able to draw from it???

I think HD 2000 series IGP can support upto 1GB of V-RAM, look at the product page for further details.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

thanks ,

i had looked in intel processor spec page....

but i could not find about graphics memory on chip in their specs... ?

http://ark.intel.com/products/52209

is there any other link where we can get all the info about processors?

Hope I am not butting in - Your doubt needs re-phrasing, I think you are looking into "How much (max) can you allocate of onboard system RAM to utilise the built-in GPU of your proc?" You plan to utilise this option until you get your HD 7850 (at a latter date) - Right ?

Usually, this info show's up on the specs page of your motherboard like for eg: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 - "Maximum shared memory of 1748 MB"

http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V_PROGEN3/#specifications

I was just curious, as the OP will be using an i7-2600K proc (from a friend which is just 2 months old, etc, etc), why suggest the grande olde Intel mobo Intel DH67-BL ? The above Asus board is expensive (Rs 15k) but has loads of future-proof features that will serve the i7 well for a long time & also your HD 7850. Moreover he could go for a fast 1600 MHz RAM and utilise it's full potential. I am open for correction.

Addenda: While on the topic of OP's integrated GPU usage - the i7 has HD 3000 series IGP and this article makes excellent reading

http://www.silentpcreview.com/intel-sandybridge1

Hope I am not butting in - Your doubt needs re-phrasing, I think you are looking into "How much (max) can you allocate of onboard system RAM to utilise the built-in GPU of your proc?" You plan to utilise this option until you get your HD 7850 (at a latter date) - Right ?

Usually, this info show's up on the specs page of your motherboard like for eg: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 - "Maximum shared memory of 1748 MB"

http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V_PROGEN3/#specifications

I was just curious, as the OP will be using an i7-2600K proc (from a friend which is just 2 months old, etc, etc), why suggest the grande olde Intel mobo Intel DH67-BL ? The above Asus board is expensive (Rs 15k) but has loads of future-proof features that will serve the i7 well for a long time & also your HD 7850. Moreover he could go for a fast 1600 MHz RAM and utilise it's full potential. I am open for correction.Addenda: While on the topic of OP's integrated GPU usage - the i7 has HD 3000 series IGP and this article makes excellent reading

http://www.silentpcreview.com/intel-sandybridge1

While what you are saying about Asus motherboards is right from the specs which are stated on their website.

But being a user of a Asus motherboard I would tell you that I can at the Max allocate 512MB RAM for iGPU in the BIOS settings. I am not sure if the system is capable of incrementing that to 1748MB if required.

Moreover the boards P8H67 M-EVO or P8H67 M-PRO also have the same feature of 'Maximum shared memory of 1768MB'

The H67 motherboard suggested is on the basis that OP has said he won't overlock the system, ironically he's getting a 2600K processor (with as you rightly stated had 3000 series IGP) and not overclocking but he's getting that at a good value so its his decision.

But it doesn't make any sense to recommend him a Z68 chipset board simply because he won't utilize the capability/features offered by the Z68 motherboard.
<

The H67 motherboard suggested is on the basis that OP has said he won't overlock the system, ironically he's getting a 2600K processor (with as you rightly stated had 3000 series IGP) and not overclocking but he's getting that at a good value so its his decision.

But it doesn't make any sense to recommend him a Z68 chipset board simply because he won't utilize the capability/features offered by the Z68 motherboard.
<

Hey cooleagle and terence,

Ok so I don't want to overclock. I'm getting a 2600K only coz, (as cooleagle said), its available for a good price.

However recently, I read in a post from Cooleagle, that "Both the onboard & dedicated graphics will work simultaneously only on Z68 chipset motherboards."

Are there more such advantages of the Z68 motherboards?

I won't mind spending more if I can get better performance by changing the motherboard.

Also, if I go for the Z68 mobo and overclock the setup, what all extra equipment should I have to prevent it from overheating? and are there any other problems associated with overclocking?

I've never tried overclocking before.

Welcome to the OC Club (I plan to join it later on this year) ..... OK Now, let's see what more you may need

1. As you migrate from moderate winter (3.3 GHz) to sizzling summer (4.5 GHz or more) - You would need some kinda cooler to keep your brains from gettin roasted & fried

On the Menu : Liquid Cooler; Robust Fans; Hydrogen Cooler etc...etc
<

2. Now to keep your heart tickin even more reliably - you would need a "stable; efficient; consistent & heavyduty" pump

On the Menu : A Good PSU with 80% or more efficiency
<

3. Lastly - your mobo has to be friggin robust & solid (to handle the whole show)

On the Menu : Sabertooth salad
<

4. Finally - good quality bheja-fry from Noorani's

On the Menu : G-Skilled DDR3 1866

Then sit back ..... and enjoy the blast

Cheers

Welcome to the OC Club (I plan to join it later on this year) ..... OK Now, let's see what more you may need

1. As you migrate from moderate winter (3.3 GHz) to sizzling summer (4.5 GHz or more) - You would need some kinda cooler to keep your brains from gettin roasted & fried

On the Menu : Liquid Cooler; Robust Fans; Hydrogen Cooler etc...etc
<

Nada, I think a good air-cooler like the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~3900/- will be more than enough for OP, as this is his first over-clocking experience.

2. Now to keep your heart tickin even more reliably - you would need a "stable; efficient; consistent & heavyduty" pump

On the Menu : A Good PSU with 80% or more efficiency
<

A Seasonic S12II 620W ~4600/- minimum OR Corsair VX 750W ~7500/- for future over-clocking potential.

3. Lastly - your mobo has to be friggin robust & solid (to handle the whole show)

On the Menu : Sabertooth salad
<

Go for a ASUS P8Z68M-PRO ~9000/- OR ASUS MAXIMUS GENE-Z ~13500/-.

If you can wait for a few months, say end of April the Z77 series motherboards will come with the new Ivy-Bridge processor launch, they promise a nice performance increment at a minimal increment in price.

4. Finally - good quality bheja-fry from Noorani's

On the Menu : G-Skilled DDR3 1866

Get G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz RAM modules will be enough to start over-volting.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Thanks @ALPHA17 - U are a genteel gentleman out here (I mean it ....and thanks for your inputs).

BUT hey where has the OP dissapeared - Stay Calm, get your thought's together (and stay put at TE) - You can and will find exciting solutions on how to put your (killer priced) 2600k to it's BEST USE.

I can offer one tinny bit of advice - Go for the "best neccessities FIRST" - within your budget.

1] A Cabby with a good airflow - Check out the NZXT 210 Elite @ 2650/- (It has usb 3.0)

2] PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 @ 3694/- {Attention @ALPHA17 et al - would this suffice over the 620W or 750W & more expensive}

3] A robust mobo : ASUS P8Z68M-PRO ~9000/- OR ASUS MAXIMUS GENE-Z ~13500/- (lower priced than the V-Pro version)

4] DDR3 : G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz ( 2 x 4GB)

NEXT STEP ..... after you have the moolah

5] The CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U12P SE2 @ 3900/-

LASTLY ... your dream

6] HD 7850

Cheers

Thanks @ALPHA17 - U are a genteel gentleman out here (I mean it ....and thanks for your inputs).

Thanks #terence_fdes.

I can offer one tinny bit of advice - Go for the "best neccessities FIRST" - within your budget.

1] A Cabby with a good airflow - Check out the NZXT 210 Elite @ 2650/- (It has usb 3.0)

Will suggest the NZXT Gamma over this ~2800/-, better airflow and cable management over USB 3.0.

2] PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 @ 3694/- {Attention @ALPHA17 et al - would this suffice over the 620W or 750W & more expensive}

I think a Seasonic S12II 620W ~4600/- is OP's best bet keeping in mind the over-clock that is planned and other additions, down the road.

Rest all is fine, Cheers!!

http://in.asus.com/M...#specifications

I was just curious, as the OP will be using an i7-2600K proc (from a friend which is just 2 months old, etc, etc), why suggest the grande olde Intel mobo Intel DH67-BL ? The above Asus board is expensive (Rs 15k) but has loads of future-proof features that will serve the i7 well for a long time & also your HD 7850. Moreover he could go for a fast 1600 MHz RAM and utilise it's full potential. I am open for correction.

Addenda: While on the topic of OP's integrated GPU usage - the i7 has HD 3000 series IGP and this article makes excellent reading

http://www.silentpcr...el-sandybridge1

yes, u r absolutely right!!!

i would be planning to buy discrete graphics card later.....

since i thought CPU is IGP, so i was looking in processor spec for max. memory allocation for graphics...

but, to my surprise it is still mobo which decides how much memory that can be allocated from CPU's on-chip graphics... !!!

moreover, when i looked in DH67-BL mobo's spec, i found out that it can share 1.7 GB of graphics memory only if there is 4 GB or more physical memory (RAM) !!!???

so, i wonder with so much memory, i.e.

if,

1. i have 4 GB RAM or shall i have 2x4GB ?, out of which 1.7 GB is shared for graphics

2. DH67-BL mobo and

3. i5-2500k processor

4. WIn7 64-Bit OS

will i be able to run games smoothly? will i be able to run latest games and if not till which "release yr games" like pre-2010 or pre-2009 etc. etc. i will be able to play?

OP don't go for i5 2500k if you're buying DH67-BL,at least go for ASUS P8Z68M-PRO ~9000/- if you want to buy i5 2500k also go for 2X4gb if you've the budget,everything else is mentioned above.

OP don't go for i5 2500k if you're buying DH67-BL,at least go for ASUS P8Z68M-PRO ~9000/- if you want to buy i5 2500k also go for 2X4gb if you've the budget,everything else is mentioned above.

may i know where did u get Mpro for that price?? i dont find it for such price anywhere

Hey cooleagle and terence,

Ok so I don't want to overclock. I'm getting a 2600K only coz, (as cooleagle said), its available for a good price.

However recently, I read in a post from Cooleagle, that "Both the onboard & dedicated graphics will work simultaneously only on Z68 chipset motherboards."

Are there more such advantages of the Z68 motherboards?

I won't mind spending more if I can get better performance by changing the motherboard.

Also, if I go for the Z68 mobo and overclock the setup, what all extra equipment should I have to prevent it from overheating? and are there any other problems associated with overclocking?

I've never tried overclocking before.

If you are ready to spend more than the budget you stated and want to overclock then Z68 chipset motherboards are the one for you. But keep in mind you'll have to shell out a lot more, so OC if you need that extra processing power. If you want to OC for trying it and the fun part its your decision.

The difference between the capabilities of the current series 6 chipsets and the upcoming series 7 chipsets can understood clearly from the image below:

728f348d-f740-f698.jpg

Hope this helps.
<

Back