Need advice in building a 50K CPU

BUT hey where has the OP dissapeared - Stay Calm, get your thought's together (and stay put at TE) - You can and will find exciting solutions on how to put your (killer priced) 2600k to it's BEST USE.

I can offer one tinny bit of advice - Go for the "best neccessities FIRST" - within your budget.

Cheers

Hey everyone...

Yeah I'm still here. (Just had a lot of work at office yesterday).

So after reading the above advises I've dropped the plan to buy a H67.

If you can wait for a few months, say end of April the Z77 series motherboards will come with the new Ivy-Bridge processor launch, they promise a nice performance increment at a minimal increment in price.

But the thing with buying a Z68 now is that after a month or so, I'll be left wishing for a Z77 if there is any major performance increase. Though as stated by Cooleagle I don't see any major change in the specs of the same:

The difference between the capabilities of the current series 6 chipsets and the upcoming series 7 chipsets can understood clearly from the image below:

728f348d-f740-f698.jpg

Yes, I can increase my budget but only by 10K. Which means that apart from the i7 2600k, I'll have roughly 50K to spend.

Welcome to the OC Club (I plan to join it later on this year) ..... OK Now, let's see what more you may need

1. As you migrate from moderate winter (3.3 GHz) to sizzling summer (4.5 GHz or more) - You would need some kinda cooler to keep your brains from gettin roasted & fried

On the Menu : Liquid Cooler; Robust Fans; Hydrogen Cooler etc...etc
<

2. Now to keep your heart tickin even more reliably - you would need a "stable; efficient; consistent & heavyduty" pump

On the Menu : A Good PSU with 80% or more efficiency
<

3. Lastly - your mobo has to be friggin robust & solid (to handle the whole show)

On the Menu : Sabertooth salad
<

4. Finally - good quality bheja-fry from Noorani's

On the Menu : G-Skilled DDR3 1866

Then sit back ..... and enjoy the blast

Cheers

Upgrading to all of the above will cost a lot more than that I think ( I wish I had an oil field in my backyard
<
)

What do you guys suggest now?

@vb01 hey buddy sometime ago I am on the same boat as you are now
<
so I have decided to get the upcoming ivy bridge simply because with the same budget I can get ivy & then why waste money on sandy also the launch date is very close(late april to early may) the brand new i7 3770k saves on power consumption around 27 watts on load compared to i7 2600k
<

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5626/ivy-bridge-preview-core-i7-3770k/10

also 1600mhz ram support & far better onboaord graphics very close to amd liano

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/26360-ivy-bridge-graphics-comparable-to-llano

so if you don't want to purchase your pc immediately & wait for 2 months then you can get ivy
<

also 1600mhz ram support & far better onboaord graphics very close to amd liano

http://www.fudzilla....arable-to-llano

Thanks for this piece, Sire. But again the HD 4000 IGP is being offered only for the crème-de la crème of the Intel i7 k marked processor where no one will in their right sense use an IGP.

Also it is AMD Llano [double L].

so if you don't want to purchase your pc immediately & wait for 2 months then you can get ivy
<

OP has already mentioned he is getting the i7 2600k for ~12500/- so he is buying it, surely power saving OR not this fits his plan and is better for him that is why he is buying it.

Hope this clarifies OP's strategy. Cheers!!

thanks for the double L correction
<

not only i7 but also i5 will get hd 4000 chipsets

Correction only a single k marked Core i5 will get the HD 4000 graphics, rest all standard Core i5's [locked an power save editions] will get the HD 2500. Honestly put the HD 2000 / HD 2500 and HD 3000 are all sub-par compared to AMD's Redwood IGP integrated in the Llano setup [even the weakest Redwood IGP puts the HD 3000 to shame].

Also Llano IGP's are memory scaled, so faster the memory frequency better the performance of the IGP.

http://www.hardocp.c...s_benchmarks63/

Here are processor slides for the same --

8a.jpg

Top end processors still lack the IGP, but if I were spending that much dough on a processor I would buy a decent GPU solution as well.

8b.jpg

op asked in the thread about onboard graphics performance I thought he will get the system first & use the igp & later get a good gpu.

That plan changed quite recently.

Hope this clarifies, Cheers!!

& op asked in the thread about onboard graphics performance I thought he will get the system first & use the igp & later get a good gpu
<

That's what I gather too.

Incidently are there any benchmarks where the HD4000's (along with an i7) performance has been tested with

Photoshop

After Effects

Premiere Pro

Thanks

op asked in the thread about onboard graphics performance I thought he will get the system first & use the igp & later get a good gpu
<

Hey guys,

Well no no... the plan of buying a gpu still holds true. I'm not looking to use the onboard graphics.

Ohh... but these guys are killing me now. Why do they have to launch new products just when I want to buy them.

More choices = More confusion on what to go for. heh.
<

<

I don't have much choice here. Already got the 2600K.

So its final now I guess... A z68 with the 2600K and hd7850. I'll have to wait and make a decision about the over-clocking setup depending on how much I've left after buying all this (Though, even if I don't buy it now, I'll go for it in the next few months. Over-clocking is something I wan't to try now.)

Thank a lot guys for helping me out and sharing so many useful links which helped me understand a lot of things.

Cheers.

Hey guys,

Well no no... the plan of buying a gpu still holds true. I'm not looking to use the onboard graphics.

Ohh... but these guys are killing me now. Why do they have to launch new products just when I want to buy them.

More choices = More confusion on what to go for. heh.
<

I don't have much choice here. Already got the 2600K.

So its final now I guess... A z68 with the 2600K and hd7850. I'll have to wait and make a decision about the over-clocking setup depending on how much I've left after buying all this (Though, even if I don't buy it now, I'll go for it in the next few months. Over-clocking is something I wan't to try now.)

Thank a lot guys for helping me out and sharing so many useful links which helped me understand a lot of things.

Cheers.

it always better performance with discrete graphics, but if we have processor tht has igp as well, it is wasted anyways... so why to have it in first place? we pay for something which we r not going to use it at all???!!! anyways, i think Z68 mobo's can boost graphics performance from IGP as well as discrete graphics combined together, isn't it?

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]
it always better performance with discrete graphics, but if we have processor tht has igp as well, it is wasted anyways... so why to have it in first place? we pay for something which we r not going to use it at all???!!! anyways, i think Z68 mobo's can boost graphics performance from IGP as well as discrete graphics combined together, isn't it?
[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Lucid's Virtu Enables Simultaneous Integrated/Discrete GPU on Sandy Bridge Platforms - anandtech[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Lucid Virtu Graphics Virtualization Technology - benchmarkreviews[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]It wont boost performance. Rather its like the Optimus technology in notebook. Its graphics switching. While watching Youtube or just browsing or reading pdf etc... the Discrete GPU will be powered down and then integrated GPU will take over. While gaming the discrete GPU will kick in.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Also in case the discrete GPU has to be replaced under warranty then one can fall back on the integrated GPU during the RMA process if you have a Z68. But with a P67 you will have to scramble for a spare GPU to even power on display in the monitor![/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]It wont boost performance. Rather its like the Optimus technology in notebook. Its graphics switching. While watching Youtube or just browsing or reading pdf etc... the Discrete GPU will be powered down and then integrated GPU will take over. While gaming the discrete GPU will kick in.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Also in case the discrete GPU has to be replaced under warranty then one can fall back on the integrated GPU during the RMA process if you have a Z68. But with a P67 you will have to scramble for a spare GPU to even power on display in the monitor![/font]

Thank you for explaining it in such simple terms DarkAngel.

Back