Need advice on Buying LG Oled TV

belictony

Disciple
Hello. I am planning to buy the below model of the LG Oled TV 4k 55 Inches.

Looking for opinions on
1. whether this TV has good HDR capabilities
2. IO compatibility
3. OLED screen burn in issues
4. other brand TVs around this budget (1 to 1.3 Lacs)

My primary requirements are 4k, 55 inches, HDR capable and OLED.

I guess this is the best choice for the parameters you are asking about, just need to timing your purchase for best price from your local shops.

OLED TVs are great because of the infinite contrast & best HDR representation as each pixel is individually lit. Unless your room is too bright, it should be great. Burn in can still happen but the tech is getting better with time. I hope you won't be using it with static logos or say Windows taskbar.

If you want to not worry about burn in or want a brighter panel for a bright room, have a look at Samsung QN90A. But QLED panels don't have as good of a viewing angle or response time for gaming as OLEDs do.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/com...qn90a-qled/21421/21551?usage=1&threshold=0.10

OLED TVs are great because of the infinite contrast & best HDR representation as each pixel is individually lit. Unless your room is too bright, it should be great. Burn in can still happen but the tech is getting better with time. I hope you won't be using it with static logos or say Windows taskbar.

If you want to not worry about burn in or want a brighter panel for a bright room, have a look at Samsung QN90A. But QLED panels don't have as good of a viewing angle or response time for gaming as OLEDs do.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/com...qn90a-qled/21421/21551?usage=1&threshold=0.10
thanks for you suggestions. Ho would I determine if the room is bright?. is there any way to measure compatiblity? I am planning to install in my living room which has windows on 3 sides
rtings does good work. Lots of measurements in their analysis :)
checked rtings. they still have reservations on the burn in issues.

Have been using 55C8 since 2019. Best tv purchase so far. No burn in issue so far, new tvs have better panels and even better burn in prevention stuff.
But for peace of mind, take the maximum possible warranty, with burn in cover mentioned in TnC, ONLY FROM LG. Don’t go for in store or 3rd party warranty.
Only negatives I would say is low brightness, not good for bright rooms. In dark rooms it’s the perfect tv. Missed out HDMI 2.1 features (C9 got them), but don’t do much gaming.
And LG has a habit of giving up on updates and features for older tvs. C8 barely got the Apple TV mirroring and Apple TV+ app last year.

Check reviews on rtings.
Suggest you wait for C2 launch. Might get some good discounts on C1.

Ho would I determine if the room is bright?. is there any way to measure compatiblity? I am planning to install in my living room which has windows on 3 sides
Use a light measurement app. The readings will be in lux. See how the readings change when the blinds are drawn vs. not. With lights on or not.

You can then share those readings here and others can do the same and tell you

thanks for you suggestions. Ho would I determine if the room is bright?. is there any way to measure compatiblity? I am planning to install in my living room which has windows on 3 sides

checked rtings. they still have reservations on the burn in issues.
Something like this below is a bright room, maybe a room getting ample sunlight at daytime, not requiring artificial lights. My parent's place is bright, not as bright as the pic though, but has a lot of windows from which a lot of sunlight directly comes inside the living room (there are no buildings/obstacles on the 2 sides where the windows are). Also, they don't use any thick curtains or try to block direct sunlight. So say an LG C1 might not suffice at daytime (use the Panasonic TV there at 90% brightness, max brightness might be 300 nits). My current flat is on the ground floor, obstructions by nearby buildings on the amount of light that gets inside, so have use artificial light even at day time to make the room bright. So for me, an OLED's peak brightness won't be an issue. I use my monitors at around 10% brightness level even in the daytime (Asus TUF VG27AQ1LA). I hope you get the point.
standard

Something like this below is a bright room, maybe a room getting ample sunlight at daytime, not requiring artificial lights. My parent's place is bright, not as bright as the pic though, but has a lot of windows from which a lot of sunlight directly comes inside the living room (there are no buildings/obstacles on the 2 sides where the windows are). Also, they don't use any thick curtains or try to block direct sunlight. So say an LG C1 might not suffice at daytime (use the Panasonic TV there at 90% brightness, max brightness might be 300 nits). My current flat is on the ground floor, obstructions by nearby buildings on the amount of light that gets inside, so have use artificial light even at day time to make the room bright. So for me, an OLED's peak brightness won't be an issue. I use my monitors at around 10% brightness level even in the daytime (Asus TUF VG27AQ1LA). I hope you get the point.
standard
i got a brief idea, Thanks. i think thick curtains would solve the issue in case of too bright.

I do own an lg CX its smashing but than dark rooms are must or else go for qled to compensate for room brightness, if money isnt a problem go for SONY this year they have smashed it in + you get pure android tv (this i where i think lg and samsung tvs miss out even after being great tvss).Samsung`s so called QD-Oled too will be interesting.
Additionally try to search for a CX model you might get at lesser rate but chances are slim , they had lowered the prices and increased the warranty last year in jan/feb thats when i snagged mine

Last edited:
You've picked the correct model.
Though I'd rather wait for C2 launch so we can expect further reduction in the prices of C1 variants
i inquired with showroom personal and c2 is expected to launch around october/ Diwali time. However i saw reviewers for c2 in other countries in youtube. Not sure if India launch would take that much time. I got a good deal on the c1 already. cost after cash back came to just over 1.1 lacs

i inquired with showroom personal and c2 is expected to launch around october/ Diwali time. However i saw reviewers for c2 in other countries in youtube. Not sure if India launch would take that much time. I got a good deal on the c1 already. cost after cash back came to just over 1.1 lacs
Which city? And how much warranty did you get?

1.1L seems good for 55" C1

Hello. I am planning to buy the below model of the LG Oled TV 4k 55 Inches.

Looking for opinions on
1. whether this TV has good HDR capabilities
2. IO compatibility
3. OLED screen burn in issues
4. other brand TVs around this budget (1 to 1.3 Lacs)

My primary requirements are 4k, 55 inches, HDR capable and OLED.
You have picked best model as per your requirement, In fact I bought same in last festive season. But consider below two points..

1. In bright room or where there are reflections, You will not get full enjoyable experience.
2. In OLED, If you can spend extra, Go for Sony as you will get a more convenient software.

1.1 is pretty good. It's very much comparable with last festive season which is saying something.

Back