Budget 0-20k Need advice on half broken motherboard

Parasyte

Disciple
I have this PC which I bought from olx
It has i3-9100T with Gigabyte h310 motherboard.

I had gt 710 graphics card in it, which worked fine for a month.
but one day when I turned on my PC, the display flickered and I heard a popping sound inside the cabinet.
I was quick to turn the PC off, but the damage was already done!

good news, PC still works with internal graphics!
bad news is GPU and the PCIE slot doesn't work anymore! I even took it to repair shop and they said I need new mobo. :(

Now, should I just replace the motherboard or sell both the CPU and Mobo?
incase of selling, how much will the motherboard and CPU sell for?

It depends what you want to do with the computer. GT710 actually performs slower than your integrated graphics which is UHD630. Unless you want to install a newer, more powerful graphics card, you can keep using the same motherboard.
Also how did you determine that the PCIe slot is also faulty?

It depends what you want to do with the computer. GT710 actually performs slower than your integrated graphics which is UHD630. Unless you want to install a newer, more powerful graphics card, you can keep using the same motherboard.
Also how did you determine that the PCIe slot is also faulty?
tried 2 more graphics cads, also took it to repair shop where they tried new GPU, reset bios etc. didn't help!

my guess is that the gpu damaged something on the mobo which stops it from detecting. there no visible damage tho.

Ok. That certainly points to a dead PCIe Slot. So it is upto you. You need the desktop for casual browsing and light games, you can keep using it. Else, go for a new motherboard.

Please back up all your data immediately. Motherboard can be replaced, but your memories cannot.

Have you tried placing the graphics card on the other PCI-e slots? For a low-powered graphics cards, you probably don't need the full x16 bandwidth, and might be able to make do with the x4 slot.

Please back up all your data immediately. Motherboard can be replaced, but your memories cannot.
Good thing is I don't have much on this PC maybe 3 games and few apps.

Have you tried placing the graphics card on the other PCI-e slots? For a low-powered graphics cards, you probably don't need the full x16 bandwidth, and might be able to make do with the x4 slot.

Only 1 PCIE 16 slot

Back