Budget 15-20K Need an android phone to purchase as a raakhi gift

mojo

Adept
As my title itself says, wanna buy a phone as a raakhi gift.

Requirements

1. Budget?
A: 10k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: best at that price
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Indian Brands except micromax if there is no option in reputed brands. Would have considered XOLO, but their service centre is the major issue for me.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Andriod
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.
10. Any other requirements?
A: Dual sim is must
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None so far

Should not look back for 2 years after buying.

You may consider Samsung Galaxy S Duos... it ticks all the boxes. You can get it for ~9k with manufacturer warranty from ebay.
Xperia Tipo Dual & Xperia E Dual are the other options from reputed brands if you won't consider Samsung. But i believe Galaxy S Duos would be better among them as i personally played with all these handsets.

Last edited:
Thank you @abhishek2600.
Well, are these the only options i have?
I hoped there will be minimum of 5 replies here.
Come one guys, just feeling like i haven't posted in the techenclave.

If you want me to extend the budget, i will.
*upto some extent

Galaxy core at 15.2k.
LG optimus L7 II at 15k with an awesome flip cover free :)
Both are dual sim phones and personally i would pick the LG. The screen is really nice and very responsive. Also the battery is gigantic - 2460 mAh!!!
I recently bought the optimus l9 and it has a 2150mAh battery that gives me 2 days straight of usage! With the 2460mAh you should get another 12 hours extra! The camera on the L7 II is better than the galaxy core and so is the optimus UI. I suggest you go to your nearest LG shoppe and check it out :)
You wont regret buying this!

i think a fellow TE member bought a galaxy core this month or so!
The core has okish build though! Samsung and LG both use plastic, but somehow the Samsung one looks a bit low class when compared to the LG! Did you check out the LG phones??

Been busy with friendship day tour and celebrations. Will check them on the coming weekend.[DOUBLEPOST=1375724983][/DOUBLEPOST]Also galaxy core is available @12k on ebay and will become even lesser if I have any coupons.

Last edited:
Xperia M will meet the requirements. But i should wait which is not possible for me i think. Raakhi is getting closer. Will definitely wait if it is worth waiting.

@shanx --> The camera and battery is better in L7 II. Where as galaxy core has TFT LCD vs LG's LCD screen.

Overview
Core vs L7
1,2 GHz vs 1,0 GHz
8 GB vs 4 GB
1024 MB RAM vs 768 MB RAM
5 MP vs 8 MP
1800 mAh vs 2460 mAh

yeah thats true i went to a samsung shoppe and checked yesterday! So its your call now! if you think the samsung suits you better then go for it else the LG is also an option! Does anyone know what processor chipset and gpu the Galaxy core has? No site seems to list it !!! @mojo i would personally pick LG for better battery life and Optimus UI is atleast a thousand times better than TouchWiz.

The ram is what i'm worried about in L7. Also it was a 1gig cortex A5.[DOUBLEPOST=1375789280][/DOUBLEPOST]@vyral_143 --> What do they mean in the link you provided.

Special Features: Direct3D Mobile, 8 MP camera support

Can both of these mobiles shoot HD videos?

Last edited:
Both of this devices are same in CPU and GPU. Difference is in Display quality, RAM, Camera and Battery. Both mobiles can not shoot in HD mode but can only shoot in 480p.

Edit: Internal memory to be added in the list of differences.

Back