Budget 15-20K Need an android phone to purchase as a raakhi gift

mojo

Adept
As my title itself says, wanna buy a phone as a raakhi gift.

Requirements

1. Budget?
A: 10k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: best at that price
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Indian Brands except micromax if there is no option in reputed brands. Would have considered XOLO, but their service centre is the major issue for me.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Andriod
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.
10. Any other requirements?
A: Dual sim is must
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None so far

Should not look back for 2 years after buying.

Hmm as far as i know TouchWiz eats up quite a lot of RAM. Isnt that correct?
@mojo now it all boils down to how long u want ur phone to run! The Core will give u at max a day with heavy usage! The L7 II will easily give u a day and a half on heavy usage! The camera on the L7 II is way better than the Core. Does your sister play games like NOVA 3 or any such HD games? If not then 4GB of internal memory is good enough for small games!Also the screen on the optimus is better. IPS panels are better to look at and the colour reproduction is very nice. If you go for the optimus l7 then do buy a memory card for her too.

Yes, battery is what attracts me towards LG. What does the below mean in galaxy core? Should definitely have hands on experience with both of these this weekend.
Special Features: Direct3D Mobile, 8 MP camera support

From the special features in this link
Got it. It seems the processor supports that features. But they may are may not be in the handset.(Depends on the manufacturer)[DOUBLEPOST=1375856057][/DOUBLEPOST]Also looking to wait for Xperia M after checking both these models this weekend.[DOUBLEPOST=1375878379][/DOUBLEPOST]Extended my budget to 20k. Also mods please change the 5-10k status of this thread to 15-20k. So that more people can come in and suggest me a good one.

Last edited:
Thanks buddy. But only phones less than 5 inch preferred.[DOUBLEPOST=1375934175][/DOUBLEPOST]LG Optimus 4X HD P880 --> how about this one. Anyone better than this in this price range?
Reliance digital is selling it @20k.

Last edited:
So no Optimus 4X.
Finally decide on one thing. Tell me the best mobile below 20k. No problem even if it was a single sim.
My mind is flickering and not able to decide what to do. Wanted to give the best i can.

@mojo its a freaking steal at 20K! You should get it! The Tegra 3 will take care of all games and the 4xHD is an awesome phone!
Eh i just read your post while typing! Are you backing out cause of the heating ?? below20k there are very few good android phones that will compare to the 4x and other such phones. Have you considered the One S?

So no Optimus 4X.
My mind is flickering and not able to decide what to do. Wanted to give the best i can.

Reasons for ditching LG ? - Just want to know.
I can understand the confusion and bit of frustration, moving from 10K budget to 20K in search of something near perfect-best.

No specific reason for ditching LG. But afraid about the A.S.S
Also my sister believes in Samsung a lot more than LG.
Just thinking of getting a S2 which will suit the best and also available @16k on ebay it seems.
S3 @24k(manufacturer warranty) --> just now got a mail from them.
Should hunt some coupons to bring it(price) down more.

Last edited:
Will check all these models tomorrow morning and will let you know.[DOUBLEPOST=1376012655][/DOUBLEPOST]None of the LG optimus series are available at reliance store. Had hands on experience with core. It was ok and also the cam is not bad. Seen lenovo p770. It was really good. It competes with core in every aspect. The only difference is core has both sim slots with 3G capability. Battery in lenovo is gigantic, 3500mAh. Will check LG ONES IN OTHER SHOPS. How is lenovo p770?[DOUBLEPOST=1376014572][/DOUBLEPOST]http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290956577768

How about this one? Does it look legit? Any coupons?[DOUBLEPOST=1376019656][/DOUBLEPOST]two more options in our court.
http://www.techenclave.com/news/5819/5819/[DOUBLEPOST=1376019937][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.techenclave.com/news/lg-optimus-l7-ii-now-available-in-india-at-rs-13789/5816/

Last edited:
Last edited:
Out of all of them the Huawei packs the best hardware and at 4.3 inches with the qHD resolution i think you get around 255 ppi or more so text will be very clear! Also it packs the same chipset as the Galaxy Nexus (which is still a very capable phone). You should wait for some more members who own Huawei phone to give some input on durability and more. Otherwise i would suggest the Huawei first and then the LG optimus! But do wait for some more members to cast their opinions!

@Brendon dont you use a Pantech burst? Are phones other than big brands good in the long run?? sorry for dragging you in though!

@shanx --> You are right buddy. Some of our forum members who own huawei should help me.
@6pack --> Please change the title of thread from 5-10k to 15-20k. So that more people can come in and suggest something better.[DOUBLEPOST=1376138873][/DOUBLEPOST]After reading the reviews I just came to know that Huawei phone is switching off frequently.
Is that true friends?

Last edited:
The phone is for a lady right? Please understand that women are not technically inclined as men are (well most)..

One if my friends gifted his sis a Red Lumia 720.. She loves it.. Fluid OS, very good camera, expandable storage and Whatsapp. That is all that she cares about..

For ladies, looks matter in fact, they matter a LOT..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

^^but the lumia 720 is still plagued with the screen freeze issue! so it depends if the model you get is clean or not right? otherwise its a great buy and with Nokia working with Whatsapp to mk it better i thinki Social networking will be good on it!

[quote="mojo, post: 1858548, member: 40656"After reading the reviews I just came to know that Huawei phone is switching off frequently.
Is that true friends?[/quote]

Did you consider Xperia L ? Also would recommend sticking to brands like Samsung, Sony, Nokia, LG and HTC, for smoother A.S.S.
If open to WP8 (knowing all the pros and cons), I would reiterate suggestion of Lumia 720 @ 17K, one of female friend in my college group bought it for Rakhi, awaiting delivery on Wednesday from Flipkart.

Back