Budget 15-20K Need an android phone to purchase as a raakhi gift

mojo

Adept
As my title itself says, wanna buy a phone as a raakhi gift.

Requirements

1. Budget?
A: 10k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: best at that price
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Indian Brands except micromax if there is no option in reputed brands. Would have considered XOLO, but their service centre is the major issue for me.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Andriod
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.
10. Any other requirements?
A: Dual sim is must
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None so far

Should not look back for 2 years after buying.

Also do consider the Xperia SP. It does amazingly well in most departments including the battery life. The illuminating strip at the bottom should be appealing to the ladies. I think one with manufacturer warranty retails for around 21.5k on Ebay. You might be able to bring the price down if you have coupons, or maybe if you buy from a local store.

P.S: Changing the prefix to 15-20K now..

NO to WP8.
Wants android. mainly because of the large number of apps which are available from the play store.
Experia L is single sim. Right? Will check that today.[DOUBLEPOST=1376193927][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for changing the prefix @logistopath

After all the below are the phones i listed. Please help me out friends.

Galaxy core ---> Not able to record HD videos

LG optimus L7 II P713 ---> The one which was released recently and can record 720p videos. http://www.techenclave.com/news/lg-optimus-l7-ii-now-available-in-india-at-rs-13789/5816/

Lenovo P770 ---> Have no idea about the HD recording. Gigantic battery.

Sony Xperia M ---> If it releases soon. The best among the rest i think.

Huawei Ascend P1 --> If someone who uses huawei phone give some input on durability. There are some complaints saying that it switches off frequently.
http://www.techenclave.com/news/5819/5819/

Seems like galaxy core will be my option. The additional benefit in core is, it is a Dual Active phone too. The main feature required for a dual sim according to my opinion.
What do you say guys?

But the problem with LG is none of my local shops have it. I would have had some hands on experience.

Also i'm confused which model it is. Our forum say it was 2gb model. But other some say it was 4 gb. Also the other problem is, some sites which have them display different image but the title is P713. The different image display site says it was hot swappable dual sim. see the image in this link http://inmobility.org/lg-optimus-l7-2-p713-specs-price-launched-rs-13789/
Read the full article in the above link. Really confusing. It was written as "To be precise, LG Optimus L7 2 P713 is the single SIM version of LG Optimus L7 2 Dual, which is already avaiable in India"
But in the specifications of that link itself it was written as dual sim.

So didn't want to take a chance. Can you suggest me some sites along with the links which have the correct one i want to buy and deliver them promptly.
I am going to buy LG if it was dual sim capable and record 720p videos(which is the major thing i am considering to buy LG). Else can't take a chance.

Hmm sorry to barge in on the thread .. you say your sis is looking for a phone ...and considering she likes samsung ...Why Not for the galaxy grand quattro... its ticks most of the criteria in your check boxes .. cortex a5 quad core with an adreno 203 .. its suffieceint for the purpose ..2000mah battery ...albeit the front camera is 5 mp although this can be rectified with certain softwares like camera zoom fx ...It cost 16.3k ...Just putting In my two cents.. hope this helps as well
regards

Raaki is over but my hunting is alive.
Sis asked me to stay cool and buy anything which i felt better.
I will wait. Some are yet to be released.

1.Galaxy Core
2.Ace 3
3.L7 dual(720p video recording model)
4.Xperia M Dual
5.Xperia C

Last edited:
@shanx --> Looking for Xperia M dual bro. Mentioned it above.
I already know that single sim version is released. I wondered how did i missed about the dual sim version.
I thought you said about Dual sim one and that is for what i am asking is it real in my above post?

Another competitor for these listed phones.
Xperia C which is listed as coming soon............
Added to my previous post.

Also one can consider the Xperia L if Dual sim is not mandatory.

Back