Audio Need Audio solution @13k

Personal suggestion , If its for home usage . Save up and buy a D2K/used D5000 . Nothings suits your requirements better . I don't think RE-262 has a good sub-bass .

who sells a used D5000?

and yeah for his requirements and his budget a D2000 is a perfect fit. but will fuze drive them ! i know they are easy to drive but still, i doubt they are Fuze easy !!

also he will have to save 3K more to buy D2000

Mephistopheles said:
D2000 is available @Head-fi for $245. I could buy them but I dont have anything that could drive them properly. :mad:
Headphones will most probably attract customs dont for get that.

245 is not a good price for D2000 ( i mean on head-fi )

200 is a good price you might see one there at that price .

whenever ou import headphones and amplifiers ( or anything bigger than IEms ) , there's a good chance that they will attract custom charges.

ALso , always ask for insured couriers.

D2000 / D5000 both don't need much amping . A decent DAC with onboard amp like Fiio E7/ uDAC should be good enough.

On head-fi a good D2K deal would be ~200$ , a good D5K deal would be 300-350$ - unless any of them are Lawton Audio modded/ re cabled - which of course demand anything from 400-700$ for both D2K/D5K.

+1 ^

I agree with faheem on the basis that if you get a D2000 atleast you'd have a good headphone. you can always add a dac/amp later and drive them outta the fuze.

If you would take my opinion, Fuze -> d2000 > fuze -> any iem in your price range.
And i'm just recommending this as a temp fix till you get a proper dac/amp.

If you can't afford a D2000, an M50 is an excellent buy. They are both fun sounding, just that the D2000 is more refined than the M50, for a price of course.
Would you mind explaining as to why are you selling the tf10. it would help us in suggesting a better alternative. :)

Would you mind explaining as to why are you selling the tf10. it would help us in suggesting a better alternative.

I dont mind at all :)

The mids of TF10 are thick/recessed/not upto my liking, the soundstage width isnt great and the fit isnt great either (for me, YMMV)

^ That reminds, me I need to write impressions for the same .Wait for an hour , I will put it up in the audio section :)

Meph..., think more clearly .

think of the time when you wen you posted a thread here, asking that you wanted to audition someone's RE-ZERO, you started off with 5K budget and spend almost 8.5K on buying the TF10.

you can take two things from your purchase :

1. YOU SPENT EIGHT THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED. Give the TF10 some time. :), they are more than worth @8.5K, try some amps , try some cables. only then you can say that you dont like the TF10, you are driving them just off the Fuze. ( no offense to Fuze )

2. you Started with 5K budget , ended up buying a 8.5K one. remember , then you said " NOT a PENNY above 9K" ( or something like that ), NOW 10 days later you have a Budget of 13K , WTH ! :O. I mean, if you can save , give them some 30 more days, then you can buy some great gear. if you have money , spend it all. ( yeah it looks as if i am joking , but i mean it )

3. Now you Know what you WANT. TF10 mids are not bad by any means. they just are not great either. So you know that you wont like OKish featuresh in the things you want. you need good extended bass, Lush and effort less mids ( forward ? ), and detailed treble ( but not much sparkle) . the only one i can think of is D5000 ( D2000 is out after reading Faheem's impressions ) and THE HD650. the latter requires a good amplifier though. if you buy HD650 on head-fi , i bet you can get them below 15-16K, same goes for D5000. if IT WAS ME I WOULD GO FOR THE HD650, EYES CLOSED.

SO mep..., again , think clearly .

Mephy, I say retain the TF10's for a bit, while upgrading other components. I say go for the HRT Music Streamer2. It should cost <8k and is the most neutral dac i've heard till date (< 200$).

That should cure the upgrade itch!!!

Back