Audio Need Audio solution @13k

^^ Get the Re262 and a Powerful DAP like the Sflo 2.

I wouldn't suggest the amp route as you really need to spend more than the price of an amp to get a good one.

So what should it be? HD650, D5000 or AKG K702?

Im getting AKG K702 @$225

P.S I have dropped the idea of RE262; I now have a budget of 18k iff TF10 gets sold.

statements like ths tempt ppl to spend beyond thn wht they can afford

True

^ As I told you in PM , investments like HD 650/ AKG 702 come with an add on package of high-end amps etc .Consider the overall cost to be atleast 30-35k for highly satisfying setup .

You need to re-list all your exact requirements and then decide .And this time it has to be a long term investment .

MUST for me:

Natural Lush mids (forward?) with 3D soundstage

Priority:

Deep bass which extends low with sub-bass (Both quality and quantity, though emphasis should be more on quality. I'd like if the bass decay is slow, like it extends)

Decent treble which isnt sibilant, shouldn't be bright. Should be non-fatiguing and not edgy

Money to Spend - 18k, HELP!

^ used D5K + a good DAC . other than the bass quantity part ,rest all is satisfied by D5K perfectly. Only bass quanitity might be little more than your liking but can easily be EQ'ed down as per taste.

akg k702 = 10K ( you said 225)
Maverick D1 12K ( without tube ), Fiio E7+E9 = 9K.

i think you can get the K702 + amp + DAC if you want. ( you just need to and 1-3K more. ) ( but i would recommend Matrix M-stage as Amp)

ANd bass goes deep in K702 . Mids are certainly not forward but are lush and sweet.

^^ Are you sure the AKGs will provide enough bass for his needs ? I heard many consider them bass light to bass neutral.

Really, i cant see why people find it bass light !!? :(

yeah MY akgs provides ENOUGH Bass . I would never call it bass light !,

In some songs it really goes loud

Quantity wise, i will rate them 5.5 , and will rate the TF10 7.

strategy said:
akg k702 = 10K ( you said 225)

Maverick D1 12K ( without tube ), Fiio E7+E9 = 9K.

i think you can get the K702 + amp + DAC if you want. ( you just need to and 1-3K more. ) ( but i would recommend Matrix M-stage as Amp)

ANd bass goes deep in K702 . Mids are certainly not forward but are lush and sweet.
18 is the maximum (I mean it this time) I can shell out, maybe 100-200 more but nothing more than that and IF duty is imposed then there is going to be a big problem :(

Beyerdynamic DT990/880 32ohms comes to mind after reading your requirement. I think i had even posted an impressions of it in some thread long back. They have smooth mids, good bass quality, not a sharp/edgy treble(the dt880 is slightly lesser on the treble than the dt990). Also they're super comfy.

Contact pristinenote, for bayerdynamic. ( amarbir also was stocking bayer , might want to ask him too )

will cost you around 12K.

but i will recommend the DT880 ( less on bass , better with Mids )

Back