Audio Need Audio solution @13k

DT990 are a tad brighter, and DT880 are warmer. I would recommend DT880 if your prime genre is EDM, dt990 is an all rounder. Also if your source is warm/dark sounding, go for the DT990 to compensate. These are just my opinions, I haven't read any reviews for them but you will feel so too if you try them.
@strategy : dt880 are better with mids but they are not less on bass, atleast not compared to the DT990. I'm talking about the 32ohms version with the blue ring and not the silver.

Your "licking" had some effect on the drivers ! :p
j/k

but really, if they were not this HUGE i would have sent them on loaner to you guys ! , MY K702 dont Lack in bass, They go deep also.
Just yesterday i used them to play Halo: reach and another FPS , Grenades and Launchers Really rattled my head.
BTW, brendon, which amp did you here them out of ? Maverick D1 / A1 ? ( am guessing pristinenote )

BF1983 said:
Ok I heard the K702s yesterday and while I quite liked them they are definitely noticeably lacking in bass. Fantastic midrange and soundstage with good treble to boot, but good bass and sub bass they do not have.

Haven't I been saying that since so many months on the forum!!! The first thing you say on the K702 when you try them is, "Where'd the Bass Go??!!!"

The only logical explanation I have for strategy is that your trying it with the D1, and the D1 is super warm and bass heavy. Try it with a neutral DAC and you will see how bass deficient they are.

Yeah the D1 sure is warm amp ( with some bass boost ) , suits the AKG well.

but even with the HM602 i head a good amount of bass from the K702. :(

is there a bass heavy version as well ( more like better bass version, cause i really can not accept the fact they lack in bass )

^ You surely have some different K702s in that case :p . Even I found the 702s to be lacking in bass impact .Not comparing to the Denons but even on neutral terms , the HD650 bass is much better. The 702 to me sounds very extremely detailed and analytical . Somewhat like a mixture of RE-0 (minus bass hump) + RE252 with wide soundstage :).

Earthshattering bass ??? Wow ! Need better ears !!! :p

Btw they were played from a Xonar STX sound card not the Maverick. :)

And I played tracks that I have heard many many times to check their bass response.

Ahem..guys, any solution to my problem? :p :ashamed:

HD650 is something I'd like to buy but since I cant afford both an amp and that headphone I cant go for it, DT880 I cant find and DT990 people say have slightly recessed mids

contact toxicdrift's friend he had some killer prices on bayerdynamic products ! the DT880 as well ! :D

Meph...., Import the HD650 from head-fi. If you are lucky you wont be charged customs ( 50-50 chance ). then IF you are not charged customs, then you can buy Fiio e9 second hand for around 5K. if not e7 should do till you have enough for e9.

HD650 have the signature you want. Great mids , awesome bass , no ear-biting treble, 3d soundstage.

AND, Benny, BF1983, Faheem, for comparison i have heard the SR125 and AD700 at anubhav's (were driven by FiioE7+E9 ) the K702 have more bass compared to both, so if you have heard both you know what am talking about.

Can HD650 be bought for sub-13/14k so as to accommodate an amp too within 18k?

Im scanning Head-fi everyday anyways for a deal on HD650 or D5000 but havent found a single one yet.

I hve seen HD650 on head fi go for as low as 200 !

so keep looking you might see one , even better would be to post a thread there asking for HD650.

I cant make a market thread there, I do not have the minimum posts for it :ashamed:

BTW can someone else do it on my behalf? Another thing is that my TF10 remain unsold till now, so I wont be able to transfer money as of now

I am one greedy guy! IF a super deal comes in (regarding HD600/ 650 ) I might grab it off your hands ! :p

How many posts are required to post in market there?

BTW i am coming to delhi in a few days, why not come to delhi to try out the RE262, FX700 and AKG K702 ? I am sure you will like them all !

strategy said:
Meph...., Import the HD650 from head-fi. If you are lucky you wont be charged customs ( 50-50 chance ). then IF you are not charged customs, then you can buy Fiio e9 second hand for around 5K. if not e7 should do till you have enough for e9.
What wierd advice you give man. Fiio e7/e9 -> HD650!!! What a strategy, strategy!! :no:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

strategy said:
i have heard the SR125 and AD700 at anubhav's (were driven by FiioE7+E9 ) the K702 have more bass compared to both, so if you have heard both you know what am talking about.
I really doubt that.

Back