CPU/Mobo Need cheapest Intel C2D/AMD CPU+Mobo under 6k

imkaush

Adept
Hi guys,

My dad requires to upgrade one of the PCs in his office.

Currently it is Intel P4 (I dont know the exact model)

Already have a spare Transcend 4GB DDR3-1333MHz ram ready.... so only CPU+Mobo is required.

Normal office applications are to be used like:

MS Office 2007/2010, Tally 9, etc.

The current rig runs very slowly.... the AMC person has suggested Intel C2D+Gigabyte G14 mobo = Rs.6k approx

I want to know the AMD/Intel alternatives to this suggestion with budget <= 6k (cheaper is better)
<

Thanks a lot in advance....
<

I think for office work C2D is best. But the matter is Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 3.93 GHz is price Rs. 5800/- in India. Then how could be Intel C2D+Gigabyte G14 mobo within Rs. 6k will you get?

But if you defenately want within 6K i think you should go with AMD.

AMD Sempron 145 2.8GHz Processor Price in India – Rs.2,095 (Data collected from http://www.mypricelist.in/ads/amd-processor-price-list-in-india-2012/)

In case of speed look this have approx. same as C2D.

Get this --

Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/-

Intel DH61WW ~3500/-

will last you the longest and is a really power efficient.

Thanks guys for the suggestions....

Just clarified with him.. he had suggested Intel Dual Core(not mentioned speed) + Digilite/Gigabyte G41 mobo.....

But I am some how more inclined towards AMD (have been using AMd proccy's at home since last 6-7 years)....
<

Thanks guys for the suggestions....

Just clarified with him.. he had suggested Intel Dual Core(not mentioned speed) + Digilite/Gigabyte G41 mobo.....

But I am some how more inclined towards AMD (have been using AMd proccy's at home since last 6-7 years)....
happy19.gif

Try to get him to reconsider the Intel Dual Core option for the Intel Pentium G option as these Sandy-Bridge minnows carry some serious fire-power and the Intel G41 line is already EoL.

Just my suggestion, final call is by your father. Cheers!!

I have shortlisted the following combos, please let me know which is better(all prices are from flipkart so I may get these a bit cheaper than mentioned):

1. AMD:

AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2Ghz (2 Cores/2 MB (L2)/45 nm Mfg. Process) - 3.3k

Biostar N68S3B (Micro-ATX Form Factor/AM3 Socket Type/FSB 1000 MHz/NVIDIA MCP68S) - 2.2k

ASUS M5A78L-M LX (Micro-ATX Form Factor/AM3+ Socket Type/AMD 760G (780L) Chipset/RAID Controller: AMD SB710) - 2.6k

Asus M4A78T-M LE - 2.8k (price not from flipkart, posted by dOm1naTOr)

2. Intel:

Intel 2.6 GHz LGA 1155 Dual Core G620 Processor (2 Cores/65 W Max TDP/64-bit Architecture/32 nm Manufacturing Process) - 3.2k

MSI H61M-P21 (B3) (LGA1155 Socket Type/Intel H61/2 Memory Slots) - 2.8k

Intel DH61WW (Same as MSI) - 3.3k

Or

Intel 3 GHz LGA 775 Dual Core E5700 Processor (2 Cores/45 nm Mfg. Process/LGA775 Socket Type) - 3.5k

Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 (Micro-ATX Form Factor/LGA775 Socket Type/FSB 800 MHz,1066 MHz,1333 MHz/RAID Controller:Intel G41 Express,Intel ICH7) - 2.5k

ASUS P5G41T-M LX (Micro-ATX Form Factor/LGA775 Socket Type/Intel G41, Intel ICH7/2 Memory Slots) - 2.6k

gap.gif
1ign13.gif
!!!!

Thanks bro ... which mobo should I opt for with the G620.... MSI / Intel / Any other....?

Go for the base Intel DH61WW ~3200/-, the most frugal set-up [and most power efficient] you can have, and pair it with a decent graphics card and it can play Battlefield 3 for you.

It might overshoot your budget by ~500/- --> 1000/- but it will make this up by saving on electricity bills.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Go for the base Intel DH61WW ~3200/-, the most frugal set-up [and most power efficient] you can have, and pair it with a decent graphics card and it can play Battlefield 3 for you.

It might overshoot your budget by ~500/- --> 1000/- but it will make this up by saving on electricity bills.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Ok great.... thanks Sire....
<

BTW, Wont be getting a graphics card for this as it is for office use only (Don't want the clerk playing BF3 or something...
<
)

I think Intel Atoms are pretty good for office pc's when the primary uses are wordprocessing, internet surfing and emailing.

A dual core atom setup should cost about Rs.4000, and it'll use minimal power.

Why get an atom when the Op is getting a sandy bridge upgrade in just 2k more? And like Alpha said, the g620 really has some good fire power and will work efficiently with no need for upgrades for at least 5-6 years down the line.

When it comes to affairs a G41 motherboard, Gigabyte is preferred. From this CPU abutment blueprint see if your CPU archetypal is listed, If yes them you are acceptable to go.

Back