Need choices for dual core Androids

I'm looking for the next range of Androids which will have Dual Core processors.. I know that the Motorola ATRIX 4G is out already but it's currently locked to AT&T and will not be available unlocked for a few more months. I am also looking at the Samsung Galaxy S2 and think that might be a good buy.

My Budget is 20-30K and would like something which has 8gb+ internal memory with a microSD slot (seems basic but the Google Nexus S doesn't have a slot :(), 5+ MP cam which shoots decent videos (720p video seems standard these days so that will do :)) and a battery which will last me 24 hours on a single full charge in normal use (30 mins calls with some email sync going on in the background).

I am not sure when the main streamline dual core phones will be available and hence this post. Any help to narrow down my choices would be great.

I have friends coming from US to India in May and July so I can get these phones by then. Keeping these timelines in mind, does anyone have any suggestions

Hi,

I myself want to get the dual core phone...but none except the atrix are out and also a lot of negative comments about attrix are there for its poor battery life at XDA forums/

Also i think Galaxy S2 would be the winner here..but lets see for its pricing and i doubt which version would make it here in india wether the tegra2 version or the one with the orion processor

Can you wait till April/May?If no,then no point discussing about dual core phones.If you want to buy a powerhouse phone right now,try to get hold of a sgs(some shops still have it)or buy desire hd and suffer with it for a year before the battery completely dies on you.

red dragon said:
Can you wait till April/May?If no,then no point discussing about dual core phones.If you want to buy a powerhouse phone right now,try to get hold of a sgs(some shops still have it)or buy desire hd and suffer with it for a year before the battery completely dies on you.
hey can you name a few shops that still have the original galaxy S
and also please mention the price

red dragon said:
I have seen one today in RG cellular kolkata,didn`t enquire about the price.
Oh ok
i am contemplating buying a new phone but the prices are kinda high now
as in my option for now is Galaxt SL which is for 19.5k
waiting for the price to go down
can you please check the price for SGS
i am in Bangalore
so anyone with Bangalore related information are welcome

SGS2 will be pwnage. It will also be insanely expensive (seems 600 GBP :|) I doubt you'll have one in the US before April end/mid May. :(

Why exactly would I want to get an SGS1 when an SGS2 is in the offering especially when the SGS1 is out of production and Samsung has had shortages of their SuperAMOLED screens (and hence the SLED packaged SGS versions).

Just wait sometime and get the galaxy s2 beast.. Bigger , thinner , better , battery life too , faster... 8 mp , 16gb , better screen ! I won't go for HTC and SE at all. Wait and get that beast.

Yes. But there aren't any ETAs, are there? I know the GS2 is going to be insane. It's small and pretty darn awesome but with no ETA, it's kinda depressing :( Lack of news sucks.

Also, when it comes out MotoBlur vs Sense UI vs TouchWiz, I'd really prefer Sense UI over TouchWiz over the MotoBlur. Too bad HTC isn't coming out with anything soon :(

I don't think any Dual-core phones would be under 30k. The pre-order price of SGS II is outrageous (about INR 50k). So I think it is better that you forget about Dual-core now.

Another update is about a leaked phone Samsung Galaxy S II Mini. It has a single core 1.4 ghz processor & almost similar specs to SGSII. It is rumoured to be released next month & I believe that it would be priced under 30k (probably under 20k). In that case, this would be a great buy.

Other options that you have are:

SE Xperia Neo, Arc and HTC Incredible S.

The Optimus 2x is on my radar for sure. I have never been confident about LG's phones but the original Optimus seems to be good (from what I hear). I doubt LG would release too many updates but as long as it's hackable (xda-dev ftw), I'll be happy with it :)

As for the SGSII being around 50K, I never heard of that. That is indeed an insane price. Atrix looks way better for 500 USD (though it is still locked. Will have to wait for an officially unlocked version :))

Update: Is it possible for me to get my hands on the original HTC Desire/Samsung Galaxy S (with SuperAMOLED screens) in brand new condition? I've heard the SuperAMOLEDs are in short supply and the manufacturing of both these phones have stopped for a while now but are they still available anywhere in the market? If so, for what price? I might consider going for them if they are around 20Kish and then update their OS'.. afaik, they are pretty awesome phones :)

Not sure how good the HTC Incredible S is.. does it stand well head to head against the Desire/Galaxy S of old age?

Before anyone suggests the Desire HD/Z, I'm not a fan of slide out keyboards (I've had previous HTC phones with those keyboards and I really don't want those now :p).. as for the HD, it's too much of a battery hog for my usage. :)

Update 2: Seems to look pretty good from what I read on engadget.. Flipkart says it's around 27k. If I get a bit lower rate than that, I might jump on it :)

Some how, I doubt that they'll make the March 4th week pre-order estimate. I'm not going to pre-order one. I'd rather wait for it to come out officially and then pay for it :)

I'd love to pick it up this weekend or some time in the next fortnight.. :)

Back