Budget 51-70k Need feedback for this Config

Right, after a lot of thinking, going with this. Not getting a gpu now due to the situation.

Ryzen 4650G
Asrock Steel Legend B550M (mATX to save some money)
RAM 16GB
Lian Li 215X
SMPS suggestion needed (750W)
Kingston A2000 500GB

Order placed on mdcomputers :D

Last edited:
As far as I can recollect, I read somewhere that VRAM size can be increased from 2GB to 6/8GB if you have 32GB of RAM on the system. Not able to find the link. Can anyone shed some light on this please? Thanks.
Antec HCG 750w

It's available in both Bronze and Gold models so choose which one you would like to purchase.
Had already ordered a MSI 80+ gold fully-modular one by the time this was posted.

Okay, sorry for posting it very late but don't go with mATX boards because once you install a GPU, the other slots will go unusable. If you're not ever going to install a dedicated GPU then fine.

I reckon a 3600+decent B450 board might suit the budget better, and could OC it decently even with the 1300 Gammaxx 400 V2. Buy good RAM with the money saved, and you don't lose much performance compared to the 11400.

Okay, sorry for posting it very late but don't go with mATX boards because once you install a GPU, the other slots will go unusable. If you're not ever going to install a dedicated GPU then fine.
Unless the user has very specific needs of additional cards like Storage/RAID, Capture, or high end sound, there might not be any issue.
I am running a mATX board myself and am able to use a PCIe WiFi card in addition to my 2 slot GPU without any issues, and with a one slot gap between the end of GPU and the WiFi card (1st and 4th slots occupied).
I reckon a 3600+decent B450 board might suit the budget better, and could OC it decently even with the 1300 Gammaxx 400 V2. Buy good RAM with the money saved, and you don't lose much performance compared to the 11400.
He already had the RAM, so perhaps there wasn't much flexibility there.
Also, since there are no GPUs reasonably available, needed the APU.
The 550 chipset offers a good upgrade path in the future, 5000 series Ryzens, might save him the cost of a board when he runs into CPU bottlenecks and wants something faster.

In the future, will only add a dedicated GPU after this insanity.

I have a TP-Link WiFi PCI card which I will be using. M.2 slot usage won't be blocked hopefully (First time using this type of storage)

Other components:
> 2 x 4TB 3.5" HDDs
> Bluetooth USB adapter
> XBOX One X controller
> External USB optical drive

Absolutely not adding any else. This is all I use and need :)

PS: Can anyone please clarify this:
As far as I can recollect, I read somewhere that VRAM size can be increased from 2GB to 6/8GB if you have 32GB of RAM on the system. Not able to find the link. Can anyone shed some light on this please? Thanks.

In the future, will only add a dedicated GPU after this insanity.

PS: Can anyone please clarify this:
Okay, seems Asrock Steel Legend B550M was designed by someone who knows what he was doing, so unless you're going to use a 3x slot GPU, you can use all the PCI slots.

VRAM has nothing to do with RAM, or maybe it has something to do with iGPU stuffs, no idea.

Maybe you can download more from this website, https://downloadmoreram.com/.

Okay, seems Asrock Steel Legend B550M was designed by someone who knows what he was doing, so unless you're going to use a 3x slot GPU, you can use all the PCI slots.

VRAM has nothing to do with RAM, or maybe it has something to do with iGPU stuffs, no idea.

Maybe you can download more from this website, https://downloadmoreram.com/.
Lol. Some vague article had mentioned 32GB of RAM allows 2GB to be upgradable to 4/6/8 GB of graphics memory.

Haha, actually meant graphics memory. 2GB is assigned for this APU, doubt is whether it can be increased further. Some vague article had mentioned 32GB of RAM allows 2GB to be extended to 4/6/8 GB of graphics memory.
You can change the iGPU VRAM setting in the BIOS but not sure about the RAM requirements.

You can change the iGPU VRAM setting in the BIOS but not sure about the RAM requirements.
I guess this depends on the manufacturer of the mobo and the BIOS versions.
Found it
1620654246004.png

Last edited:
Receiving the components in a day, cabinet by 18th May.

I said I won't be OC'ing before. But, will be doing so to get those precious few fps more with the Ryzen 4650. Can a cooler be suggested please? (Keeping in mind upgrading in future to a beefier CPU too) Thanks.

Last edited:
Receiving the components in a day, cabinet by 18th May.

I said I won't be OC'ing before. But, will be doing so to get those precious few fps more with the Ryzen 4650. Can a cooler be suggested please? (Keeping in mind upgrading in future to a beefier CPU too) Thanks.
Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 if on a budget (should be around 1300-1400), Arctic Freezer 34 Esports (Duo) if budget is a bit more (3.8k-4.5k)
Personally using the Gammaxx 400 V2 with my 3600XT and have overclocked it to 4.43Ghz at just 1.25V. Reduced temps by 30c compared to stock Wraith Spire cooler. Can go higher with voltage but this is the limit for this cooler. Planning to upgrade to the Arctic once delivery restrictions lift in my place.

Why not just go all out with a Noctua and forget about upgrading cooler for 8+ years :D I was always a fan of big air so I'm partial. There's Deepcool Assassin 3, which was cheaper earlier but now almost the same as D15. Maybe the NH-U12s, but whichever is cheaper compared to the Arctic Freezer 34 Esports. Just took a quick look and Arctic performs equally well looks like.

Edit: ^^ that was pretty unhelpful lol

Nope, you wont have any issues

Last edited:
Why not just go all out with a Noctua and forget about upgrading cooler for 8+ years :D I was always a fan of big air so I'm partial. There's Deepcool Assassin 3, which was cheaper earlier but now almost the same as D15. Maybe the NH-U12s, but whichever is cheaper compared to the Arctic Freezer 34 Esports. Just took a quick look and Arctic performs equally well looks like.

Edit: ^^ that was pretty unhelpful lol

Nope, you wont have any issues
Almost 8K. Can't exceed 5K, quite stretched.

Any opinions on this?

Almost 8K. Can't exceed 5K, quite stretched.

Any opinions on this?
Nah don't even look at budget AIOs, air cooling performs better in this range. Check for the best air cooler you can get in your budget

Back