Need For Speed: The Run - Discussion Thread

They spoke so much about how awesome shift 2 is. The most laziest game i ever saw was shift 2. and it wasnt any better than shift 1. no ingame steering adjustment basically meant quit race to do minor steering adjustment. everytime. and even after all that the game was all slow n lazy n lagged. they should play GTR or something to know how a SIM should be.

I liked HP2010 though. It was nice. They could do something like Burnout Paradise but with cops. that'll be a lot of fun.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

oooh! gameplay demo looks promising. Lets hope the final game is as good. And i really dont know why EA gave it the gta like feel. NFS always meant just the car. no humans.
aa also i noticed the guy didnt powerslide through turns and braked instead. I really really hope they have the powerslide thing like HP 2010 had.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Not impressed. Is it just me or has every other game displayed at E3 adopted QTE's? :S
And why is that a bad thing? In my opinion it gives a little personality to the cutscenes. This is exactly what the NFS developer also said when asked the same question. Instead of just racing and than breaking your flow with a 3-4 minute cutscene to progress the story, the QTE keeps us engaged and adds to the experience. Faranheit did this beautifully.

Bluffmaster said:
And why is that a bad thing? In my opinion it gives a little personality to the cutscenes. This is exactly what the NFS developer also said when asked the same question. Instead of just racing and than breaking your flow with a 3-4 minute cutscene to progress the story, the QTE keeps us engaged and adds to the experience. Faranheit did this beautifully.
Agreed. I usually let go off the controller after a long tiring lap whilst enjoying the cutscenes. QTE is certainly a good addition to those albeit this maybe the first time a racing title had adopted this approach.

NAV33N said:
Trailer looks awesome,i believe this could be the next best NFS Game after Most Wanted.
I have been thinking the very same of every NFS that came after Most wanted, and ONLY Hot Pursuit was decent, but not exactly a street racer it was.

The controlling in the trailer did not seem that interesting to me, or the guy's driving sucked.

Just keeping my fingers crossed here :)

BTW, did anyone find this game's graphics really good? I mean the game looks decent, sure, but all this while they were going gaga over how the game is using frostbite 2 engine and that the graphics would be excellent. I just found them to be above average honestly, certainly not what one would expect from a FB2 engine, especially after looking at BF3.

Bluffmaster said:
Fahrenheit was completely based around QTE events. That's how the story would flow. This is a racing game title, that's what Need for Speed titles have always been about. Is this interactivity really needed in a Racing title?

I'm not saying QTE is a bad thing. The feature should be applied/used where it's needed and not in places where it's not required at all. Heavy Rain at some point overdid the controls with having to press 5 buttons at once, which is extremely frustrating. Ninja Gaiden has never used QTE events. If you have seen the upcoming gameplay video of NG3, then it has added QTE almost everywhere. It's cool at times to try and adopt the God of War style QTE, but in essence it dumbs down the combat. Serious hack-en-slash games like DMC & NG are all about raw and fluid combat. You time your attacks right to slash an enemy's limb/hand/leg/head. If QTE is added, you just follow the button timings and woosh, we have all of those things done in a couple of seconds. That's what Ninja Blade did and got wasted.

Not to drift too far from the topic at hand, but ask yourself this (and forget what the developers say), Do you REALLY need these interactive cut-scenes?

Shift 2 was a no good thing for me, Shift 1 was still okay, kept me hooked for a few hours. Hot Pursuit was amazing. Shift 2 seemed too rushed after Shift. NOthing new to the table. ANd the added realism is a headache more than fun.

Bluffmaster said:
BTW, did anyone find this game's graphics really good? I mean the game looks decent, sure, but all this while they were going gaga over how the game is using frostbite 2 engine and that the graphics would be excellent. I just found them to be above average honestly, certainly not what one would expect from a FB2 engine, especially after looking at BF3.
Probably taken from the consoles. Bf3 was on the pc. Expect this game to look super on the pc :)

Sent from my Motorola Defy.

Back