PC Peripherals Need help ASAP, new APC 1100 Back-Ups not turning on.

Orija

Adept
Jan 26, 2010
I just got myself a new system in the evening, I have connected everything and attached the monitor and cabinet wires to the battery back-up sockets and the lan wire and speaker cable to the surge protector plugs. Here's what's happening:

-After switching on the power button of the ups, nothing happens. There's no beep or light even after pressing the button for several seconds.
-The cabinet, monitor and modem aren't geting any power; only the speakers' led light's up
-I haven't done anything else, just connected wires and switched on the ups for the first time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

indus

Disciple
Dec 3, 2009
Hello

Just lift the UPS and remove the bottom cover, you need to connect a wire to the batteries, its a click fit so you will know when its properly inserted. Certain APC models come with this wire disconnected. Its easy to do this.

Good luck.

4nd3r50n

Adept
Sep 26, 2009
Hello

Just lift the UPS and remove the bottom cover, you need to connect a wire to the batteries, its a click fit so you will know when its properly inserted. Certain APC models come with this wire disconnected. Its easy to do this.

Good luck.

Yes, this is exactly the solution. I had the same issue and called APC support. They provided the same solution. :)

Orija

Adept
Jan 26, 2010
Hello

Good luck.

This worked. The brief sparking when connecting the wire did make me jump though. It sucks that this step isn't mentioned anywhere in the manual or anywhere else. Anyway, thanks for the help.