PC Peripherals Need Help Buying PC Cabinet

@TS, I don't know where you are located, but eBay will never have the variety and convenience you need for something like this. There are dealers for Lancool all across the country, and CM is pretty well-distributed too.

In any case, any cabinet other than the bijli will definitely be an upgrade (IOW, not a waste of money). It's not going to be able to accept a very big cooler, and the airflow will choke as you add hardware.

I would urge you to check the seating of the cooler after you change the paste. Unless you have historically used toothpaste or exceptionally low-quality products, it is not common for it to dry up. The only times it does is extreme heat (not CPU levels, much higher) or gaps between the metal surfaces where air gets in. Most industrial thermal compound can handle over 200 degrees constantly as semiconductors (not the ones in a PC) can reach 150 degrees or more under stressed conditions. Drying out is a much bigger problem in those kind of situations, and since metal tends to expand under heat, if the pressure on the device is correct the heat transfer actually improves as temperatures rise. However, and gaps between surfaces also tend to grow larger and if the mating is not correct the device will overheat.

After you do this for a few days, you can look at a new cabinet. The Lancool won't disappoint.

I think my the gap between the processor and the fan has widened due to continued dismentling of the fan. This is the 1st time i've used toothpaste. i used intel thermal paste earlier.

And i think some of the clips of the stock intel fan has also loosened and crippled.

I think i'll have to go for a new cabby + cpu fan, right?

Please suggest a fan that will do the job and fit the budget if i buy a lancool k-62.

EDIT:- I'm getting either the Lancool K62 or NZXT Tempest. Lancool price is 6900 and NZXT Tmpst costs 6750. Please tell me which one is better. After conforming one, i'll decide the fan.

w1nD said:
NZXT phantom also looks nice.Btw wtf using colgate as thermal paste. :|
Try living in my area for a change and you'll know. You can't think all the areas in India to be like a metropolitan city now can ya. :|

NZXT Tempest Evo, Lancool K62, CM 690 Adv II and CM Elite 430 Black (all Mid Tower) CM 690 has more features but Tempest Evo and K62 has very attractive stylish design and Elite 430 black is a gr8 VFM overall...

recently upgraded to HAF922, very happy with its performance you might want to look into 690 advanced II also :)

Back