Budget 41-50k Need help getting a decent laptop

housecat90

Recruit
What's your Budget?
45,000 - 55,000 INR​

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
web browsing with multiple tabs, for watching movies and TV shows on online platfroms, programming on IDEs like PyCharm, attending online lectures, making assignments and presentation on office and some casual gaming like minecraft and others games at medium-low settings.​
Note: gaming is optional.​

What size and weight considerations do you have?
Anything in between 15" and 14". Size and weight doesn't matter at all as long as the specs are great but I think size affects the battery (maybe? I might be wrong) then I need one with good battery back up.​

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?

I would prefer Asus because they provide fingerprint scanner and backlit keyboard along with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U. But it doesn't matter again if the specs is great.​
Any other considerations?
I would prefer a Laptop with AMD rather than Intel because I think AMD is better in performance. SSD is a must. Upgradable RAM would be cool. Decent battery.​
Some features that are good to have but not necessary: backlit keyboard, fingerprint scanner; I usually use earphone so don't really need good built-in speakers​
I am not much of a programmer, I am still learning, so I don't really know how much processing power is required in different application development. I am still exploring with python, I think I'll go for web dev with Django or machine learning next so I need a laptop that can atleast handle the basic beginner level programming and would be okay for next 3-4 years.

Also, I looked for some laptops I thought were good. Asus VivoBook 14 Ryzen 5 3500u and the one with Ryzen 5 4500u. I am really confused between the two. Is 4500u overkill?

Check HP and Dell online stores for configuration of ryzen 5 with 256gb SSD+1TB HDD or 512 GB SSD.
Got Dell vostro for a friend at 47k i5-10th Gen with 256gb SSD+1TB HDD and 8Gb ddr4 module for flipkart during BBD sale.

Check HP and Dell online stores for configuration of ryzen 5 with 256gb SSD+1TB HDD or 512 GB SSD.
Got Dell vostro for a friend at 47k i5-10th Gen with 256gb SSD+1TB HDD and 8Gb ddr4 module for flipkart during BBD sale.
Is Intel worth looking into? I have been avoiding all laptops with intel. Should I check out intel laptops or is AMD a better option?

Should there be a big price difference between the laptop in a Local store and on a online platform?

I really like this model. It would be perfect if it had a dedicated GPU.

Just one last question. Should I wait for some new model or for a sale? 'Cause I can wait if there is some great deal coming.
There shouldn't be a big price difference. Some models/brands are priced differently depending on what that particular ecom platform or seller is promoting at the time.

You don't need a dedicated GPU for minecraft/casual gaming. A discrete GPU in this price would not come without some bad compromises (if at all) so you need to temper your expectations a little. (Look up the FX505DT/15-ec0100AX if you've decided that you must have one).

The waiting game never ends, pricing is pretty good now relative to what it was a couple of months ago + No deals incoming that I know of. Ultimately, a decision only you can make. Good luck!

There shouldn't be a big price difference. Some models/brands are priced differently depending on what that particular ecom platform or seller is promoting at the time.

You don't need a dedicated GPU for minecraft/casual gaming. A discrete GPU in this price would not come without some bad compromises (if at all) so you need to temper your expectations a little. (Look up the FX505DT/15-ec0100AX if you've decided that you must have one).

The waiting game never ends, pricing is pretty good now relative to what it was a couple of months ago + No deals incoming that I know of. Ultimately, a decision only you can make. Good luck!
Yeah, I was not aware that the integrated GPU was that good. I'll just go with Vivobook ultra 15 in Diwali sale (if there'll be any).

Thanks for the help.

man am looking similar price range with similar requirements but only for web-dev purpose. i see screens on this laptop are not bright.. something to do with NTSC. anybody have suggestions..

man am looking similar price range with similar requirements but only for web-dev purpose. i see screens on this laptop are not bright.. something to do with NTSC. anybody have suggestions..
Yeah, the screen is not the best but I think for that price range and with AMD Ryzen 5 4500u that is manageable. But yeah, I would love to get any suggestions in similar price range and requirements with better display. The display part is bugging me too. But as I am not into editing and stuff, I don't think it would be a problem.

did you get it yet? am waiting for new amd series announcement to force prices little bit lower..
about screen you can get better screens in hp envy series, lenovo thinkpad series something like 75%ntsc but that ofc is increase in price.

Back