Audio Need Help importing HiFiMAM HM-602

strategy

Skilled
Hello good people,
I have my eyes set on the HiFiMAM HM-602 preorder ever since i saw the complete offer {HM-602 + RE262 } @ $369 ( the Head-direct site does not show such offer ...no RE262 there) on head fi.

so i sent Head-direct an email and they replied saying the offer is valid and if i offer before 1st sept i will get an RE-262 free with HM-602.

Now, I need help importing the combo because i dont have a credit card to pay them. Thus i ask one of my fellow Music lovers to help me import. Of course i'll pay up in advance through cash deposit in your indian bank account. senior members only ...cause of trust reasons ( no offense to new members .....its just that its a huge sum thats why).

as i am in a small town in chattisgarh right ( most courier services dont deliver here) thus the shipping address will be of your choice .....you can also try it when it reaches you !!. And a friend of mine will pick it up from your home ( if in Banglore, NCR).

I have a freind here in TE who is helping me import the S:flo combo .....but for some reason the package returend back to Hongkong ...so he might be a bit frustrated .....so cant give the good guy more tension over another import.

Thank you for reading .....and please HELP ME ...there is not much time left( 1st sep. is the last date)

guys thanks for looking

my friend here is awesome ....he is helping me to import the HM-602 as well!!

the mods can close this thread ..purpose solved

But, one good thing - You are getting HM-602 nearly for 25% of it's price. RE-262 is going to be priced around $250 says clieOS in one of the posts. So, you are getting a HM-602 for $119. Normally, people say the other way around though :)

HM-602 is more hyped at head fi( HM-801 was great for those with ears to differentiate between 16-24 bit audio....really powerful amp/dac/dap thats portable too)....yeah thats why people think the other way around

even i am more hyped about HM-602 ....( and even i consider that iam getting the re262 free) :p

RE-262 is 150 ohm and needs an amp to drive. So, I think you are getting a RE-262 for $250, an amp for it @ $120 and the player functionality is free :p

Since you think the other way, in case you don't like your free RE-262, you can send it free to me :bleh:

i wont sell any Head-direct product ...NO!!...even if i dont like them ....its not recommended...you people . :p ...make fun of Full sized headphone using the re1 and re0 ...( damn re1(amped nicely) better than HD650 (soundstage wise)....WTF).

though i might send them to you for you to try them out(when i have something better) .......i also want to try out the DBA ....we got to have a TEaudio meet

Hifiman DAPs cost a lot ....yes they do....but i would not call them scam
the HM-801 was a great product as per some .......and its a fact that it can drive even the most demanding headphones decently!
the HD800 is also a scam in some ways ....my bro considers any headphone related product above 10K a scam ..!!...he still considers his HD 202 on par with my AKG ( just not in Soundstaging ...even he realizes that)

if they are ...yeah as santosh pointed its better to experience it first hand ( i have ordered two of the Chinese DAPs!! S:flo and this!!) ....
RE262 sure looks like a finished product now....great ..the earlier prototype was a let down if you ask me !!...it looks great now!

strategy said:
Hifiman DAPs cost a lot ....yes they do....but i would not call them scam
the HM-801 was a great product as per some .......and its a fact that it can drive even the most demanding headphones decently!
the HD800 is also a scam in some ways ....my bro considers any headphone related product above 10K a scam ..!!...he still considers his HD 202 on par with my AKG ( just not in Soundstaging ...even he realizes that)

if they are ...yeah as santosh pointed its better to experience it first hand ( i have ordered two of the Chinese DAPs!! S:flo and this!!) ....
RE262 sure looks like a finished product now....great ..the earlier prototype was a let down if you ask me !!...it looks great now!
Whatever floats your boat mate.. If you want to buy into it, be my guest :)

ps - I wouldn't consider the S-Flo a scam.

....hmm ...well they sure are giving a lot ( i mean s:flo2 guys) in a small sum ..!

all i can do is wait ...Hifiman sure makes some great stuff.( any example i give holds no use as of now)..i have all the gear to test the HM-602 's worth ...AKG K702 ,262 , S4, RE1( mukul's), TF10, ??, etc. ...s when they arrive...we'll see!!

Personally, I won't buy HiFiMan players, though I am always impressed by their IEMs. Nothing stops me from continuing to buy their IEMs or even their headphones because I know they suit my taste.

I feel most of these "audiophile" players are over-hyped for what they offer. If you had bought a piece of junk for $500, but the reviews are all glorifying, you start to suspect your ears and tell yourself "may be they are right and I am wrong" and over a period of time, you start falling prey to placebo. I've seen some of the products so over-hyped at head-fi, I choose to stay away.

For example, I am not overly impressed by Maverick other than it's headphone out, multiple connection options etc., Certainly not as much as Head-fi makes it out to be - to give you one example. It is much like uDAC, a VFM product - but to say that it beats $600 DAC is stretching it a bit - yeah! even after I replaced opamps with Audio-GD Sun HDAMs and tube with WE 396A - that's my opinion.

Anyways, as I mentioned before, you are getting the player for $120, which makes it a decent price. It may be as good as they claim to be. But, just evaluate it with an open mind. As long as you are impressed by it, other's opinion - mine/stalker/abi on one side or countless head-fi-ers on the other side - does not count. Just trust your ears, but not your mind - if that makes any sense at all :)

esanthosh said:
Personally, I won't buy HiFiMan players, though I am always impressed by their IEMs. Nothing stops me from continuing to buy their IEMs or even their headphones because I know they suit my taste.

I feel most of these "audiophile" players are over-hyped for what they offer. If you had bought a piece of junk for $500, but the reviews are all glorifying, you start to suspect your ears and tell yourself "may be they are right and I am wrong" and over a period of time, you start falling prey to placebo. I've seen some of the products so over-hyped at head-fi, I choose to stay away.

For example, I am not overly impressed by Maverick other than it's headphone out, multiple connection options etc., Certainly not as much as Head-fi makes it out to be - to give you one example. It is much like uDAC, a VFM product - but to say that it beats $600 DAC is stretching it a bit - yeah! even after I replaced opamps with Audio-GD Sun HDAMs and tube with WE 396A - that's my opinion.

Anyways, as I mentioned before, you are getting the player for $120, which makes it a decent price. It may be as good as they claim to be. But, just evaluate it with an open mind. As long as you are impressed by it, other's opinion - mine/stalker/abi on one side or countless head-fi-ers on the other side - does not count. Just trust your ears, but not your mind - if that makes any sense at all :)
Minus the my opinion part.. my opinion counts!!!

:p

D1 ( i own them ).....are certainly not worth $600 .....but they are worth 200 ....which is what i paid for them ...they have ample power to drive my akg ...thats what i bought them for....and thats what they do .
udac , and other VFM DAC around 100... DONOT have the power to drive my AKGs ....at loud enough volume that i usually hear them at.

really ....d1 are not praised that much on head-fi....infact their DAC part is only praised( that also not too much ....there are a couple of guys who keep bumping the thread there .....just a bunch of ....most of them dont own a hi-end amp/dac) ( i am inpressed by the matrix -mstage though and burson ha160)

well ....all i can say is iwill try to evaluate them .....b/w sflo and HM-602 i dont know ....but if the HM-602 could drive my akgs decently ...they are well worth the price( for me )!

AND STALKER ...your openion does not count ...untill you have these ...."audiophool" DAPs :p

strategy said:
really ....d1 are not praised that much on head-fi....infact their DAC part is only praised( that also not too much ....there are a couple of guys who keep bumping the thread there .....just a bunch of ....most of them dont own a hi-end amp/dac)

That's what I mean too :). I don't find D1's DAC that good. I find it to be a very good headphone amp though! And plenty of choices for opamp and tube rolling.

strategy said:
but if the HM-602 could drive my akgs decently ...they are well worth the price( for me )!

As mentioned earlier, it's $120 amp + $250 IEM + (player & DAC) functionality thrown in for free. So, chances are you will not be disappointed by the HM-602. I'll be very interested in knowing how 262 turns out though.

Back