Audio Need Help importing HiFiMAM HM-602

esanthosh said:
Amarbir,

Take typical chinese items. They are cheap. For instance, I have a Bravo V2 Headphone amp, which uses sub-standard PCB, poor power supply and cheaper components to reduce cost. But it costs anywhere between $30 to $50. So, if you even spend $50 more as an enthusiast to fix / mod and make it better, your overall cost is still within $100. I absolutely don't mind that. Similar is the case with Topping TP20 Amp. Under $100 shipped, this tiny amp rocks if paired with the right speaker.

I don't expect the same quality when I pay $800 / $500. We don't know if they outsource / label on another player, which is always possible like S:Flo and T51. But, even if they do, and considering that they sell internationally, a bit of quality control is very much required. If you pay $850 for a DAP and then add another $50 for component upgrades,.... you just missed a chance to setup a basic speaker rig.
Well,

i Am Fully in Agreement To You On This .Wehn i Will Get The Hifiman HM-602 One Unit i will Mod ,Wait And Watch

inbeforeSTALKERscreamspwnage!

Its a known fact tha 90% of the electronic items fails because of low quality soldering since the banning of Lead as a soldering Agent! With the level of Soldering shown in the Pics i can only assume that these products would last 1-1.5 yrs if the pics are true!

Do a blind-test and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 800$ player(Hm801) and one 1/5th of its price. The only difference i noticed between a fuze and an sflo2 was the bass of the Fuze had a bit more punch to it and the soundstage of the sflo2 felt a tad bigger. Pair an sflo2 lo -> aloRx or a Meier stepdance and it would drive highend cans like the HD650 / D5000 better than a HM801.

Check the RMAA results for the HM801. Its more rolled off than the Clip+.
RMAA results for the HM801

Again its a question of whether you want your player to sound sonically accurate and closer to the actual recording or sound more musical?
Most people want something which sounds musical like the HM801 than something which is more accurate.

^ this is anythingbutipod.com's stuff.
let me try them ... give my impressions..... i'll try to be neutral (...if possible) ....not coloured <read baised>:p

But the most experienced audiophiles do say in reviews ....that HM-801 is a great DAP/DAC/Amp. ...in another league compaired to any portable setup...(that includes ....Ibasso....and even Pico and RSA) ....with great resolution and wide and deepsound stage ...which can not be achieved by ANY other portable setup (JH3A is not out yet ......and yeah even the protector in balanced config )

IMO , in a blind test its very very difficult to tell the difference. We performed the same on myself as well as BennySachdev using a Sflo 2 /Fuze and a UE TF10. For me the difference was negligible .Only good thing was Sflo was powerful enough to drive an RE-1 to its full glory :D

@strategy : again what ppl say is very subjective. If every1 thgt / liked the same things abt what they hear, the world would be a simpler place.

When one would buy a 800$ he would do everything to justify it.

Has anyone here seen The emperors new clothes?

Ok don't shoot me for that last part ;)

"When one would buy a 800$ he would do everything to justify it."

This sums it up nicely.

I am glad that I didn't spend too much on my upgrades and whatever I've spent was easy to swallow.

"When one would buy a 800$ he would do everything to justify it."
...this sums up for the good impressions by people ...what about a reviewer ...who gets a sample free of cost and then tests it....those are the reviews i am talking about. ...those are the reviews i am considering.

It might be that ....i end up hating my HM-602....then i'll sell it it will fetch me good money ...more than what i paid for it. ..or atleast the same ammount
so while i test it i will be as neutral as possible....afterall it is me who will be listning to them ....and also these are not my last upgrade........J ...H...3...A

when my HM602 comes its gonna get ripped

Probably because you are getting it for free :D

strategy said:
what about a reviewer ...who gets a sample free of cost and then tests it....those are the reviews i am talking about. ...those are the reviews i am considering.

You know what dude, those folks will always say good things. Why won't they ? They are actually making room for the next possible free goodies, they'll probably get if their "good" reviews help the manufacturer sell their stuff.

Its a win win situation for both the reviewer and the manufacturer. I don't need to tell who the loser is in these cases :p (You might wanna check the smilley in my signature)

Just think !

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Probably because you are getting it for free :D

You know what dude, those folks will always say good things. Why won't they ? They are actually making room for the next possible free goodies, they'll probably get if their "good" reviews help the manufacturer sell their stuff.

Its a win win situation for both the reviewer and the manufacturer. I don't need to tell who the loser is in these cases :p (You might wanna check the smilley in my signature)

Just think !
Well,

they Are Kanjoos Fly Choos Type Peeps Now A Days .During this Season All Manufacturers might be they or others get stuff made in bulk so that they have stocks in christmas season .Hence No Freebies

@vishant .... people are not as bad ( and greedy) as people make them to be.
what about honour of a reviewer...I mean they are professionals ...50% of the reviewers are unbiased i'd say.(....even more) ...we just have to filter that part thats the difficult part.

^^ Yes, if a reviewer is very biased, you can bet many people would easily figure that out since they are spending their hard earned money on his recommendations.

No one will keep quiet if they spend $$$ on an item and find the reviews completely misleading.

Take Faheem for instance. I have heard almost every item he has reviewed so far and I have seen that his reviews mirror my impressions of the same almost 100%.

While the trend of his reviews is generally positive, he will always point out any deficiency or shortcoming in his reviews.

For instance he always says that the RE0 is one of the best IEMs available for the money and frankly I cannot argue at that point. However in the same breath he will always mention that it has an analytical sound signature and the bass is not the best around. So a person looking for good bass or a fun signature will look elsewhere.

The proof of the pudding is the number of requests Faheem receives on which IEMs to buy and the amount of thanks he gets from people happy with his earphone recommendations. :)

Now if only he would move his b**t and work on an IEM list we would all be very much obliged. :p

^Can't agree more. He has always helped me get the right products. :)

And I wouldn't talk about his IEMs list, otherwise he would remind me about his studies, other important work etc :p

yeah ...he is the "go to" person for head gear.

i consulted ...him for my tf10 purchase and HM-602 also.

BTW....this thread somhow reached head-fi's hm-602 thread

strategy said:
yeah ...he is the "go to" person for head gear.

i consulted ...him for my tf10 purchase and HM-602 also.

BTW....this thread somhow reached head-fi's hm-602 thread
FYI, your posts would be a lot more readable if you avoided using those ellipses all over.

^ .....(ooops)
I will try to avoid that , i dont know where(/when) i picked it up.

but, are they that bad. I mean i use them to show my expression also you know. To write when i am thinking
Eg:
you : Go away from this thread, dont ever post here.
me : ..............( thinking what to say because i am puzzeled) no :( ......you go away :cry:

lol

Faheem has not spared me either - starting from RE0 :(. But, to be fair, he has also saved me from pulling the trigger on some bad deals :D

For a long time, I keep reminding him about that elusive IEM buying guide and he keeps reminding me about the unnecessary things like college, availability of time etc., :mad:

On topic, at least a related one: From what clieOS says, RE-262 seems to be closer to DDM than RE0/ZERO/252.

• Good quantity of bass, but less than DDM
  • Forward & textured mids
  • Better than RE1, but less than RE0/252 treble
  • Smaller sound stage
  • Better cable and build quality
  • Fits better than 252, can even be worn over the ear

.... seems far off their "house sound". Or is it closer to RE1 sound?

yeah ....bass and mids are being praised, about treble no one is talking . but there are not many impressions on 262 as on HM-602.

soundstage is samll(er) noooo deal breaker for me.

strategy said:
yeah ....bass and mids are being praised, about treble no one is talking . but there are not many impressions on 262 as on HM-602.

soundstage is samll(er) noooo deal breaker for me.

Its pretty simple. You can exchange good wishes by gifting them to me.

Back