Budget 41-50k Need help in building a new rig

ALPHA17
will i be able to play games on mid resolution with the built in graphics option in the processor ? then will gladly w8 1 month :)
and the above processor and motherboard will be able to support the overclocked gpu na ? ( noob in this respect so only asking )

will i be able to play games on mid resolution with the built in graphics option in the processor ? then will gladly w8 1 month :)

and the above processor and motherboard will be able to support the overclocked gpu na ?

No the Intel iGP = next to useless, until you want to watch HD Rips, videos and play games like Solitaire. You will not be able to game at all until you add a decent discrete graphics card.

Yes the processor although not capable of over-clocking itself will do fine with an over-clocked graphics card.

No the Intel iGP = next to useless, until you want to watch HD Rips, videos and play games like Solitaire. You will not be able to game at all until you add a decent discrete graphics card.

Yes the processor although not capable of over-clocking itself will do fine with an over-clocked graphics card.

Okay than will think about waiting ... thanks a lot @ALPHA17 for helping me a lot ...
and how much price reduction will be there in 78** series after 660Ti launch (Ur guess ) ...

Last edited by a moderator:
and how much price reduction will be there in 78** series after 660Ti launch (Ur guess )

Well the HD7870 just might creep below the ~20000/- mark and the HD7850 can come down to ~14500/-. All this is very dependent on the distributors and the $ rates at that time and I cannot account for that at all.

ALPHA17 thanks for all the help till now , i'll be getting the pc on this friday so just wanted to enquire about the UPS i should take ... my budget is around 3k max ... Microtek reviews are bad so only asking you which one to opt for the above mentioned configuration ...

ALPHA17 thanks for all the help till now , i'll be getting the pc on this friday so just wanted to enquire about the UPS i should take ... my budget is around 3k max ... Microtek reviews are bad so only asking you which one to opt for the above mentioned configuration ...

MicroTek 800VA [dual-battery something-something] is your only option in that price band OR go for the APC BR650VA-IN ~2800/- [but this will be a close call, as it cannot sustain a heavy load for long].

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

@ALPHA17 will there be any cooling issues with my current configuration ? Should i opt for any additional cooling measures ?

No Aman the Core i5 2400 doesn't heat up much. Even if it does a proper Re-TIM and refit of the default heat-sink fan will be enough to keep your processor temperatures in check.

No Aman the Core i5 2400 doesn't heat up much. Even if it does a proper Re-TIM and refit of the default heat-sink fan will be enough to keep your processor temperatures in check.
ALPHA17 How about Core i5 2320 ? it also doesn't heat much ? and can i make use of dell st2220L hdmi port in my current configuration ?

You can go for any of these i5 2320/2400/2500,There won't be much heating problem if you apply thermal compound properly.You can connect monitor via DVI or VGA no need to use HDMI port.
ALPHA17 How about Core i5 2320 ? it also doesn't heat much ? and can i make use of dell st2220L hdmi port in my current configuration ?

The Intel Sandy-Bridge an Ivy-Bridge Core i5 lineup are generally the same chip with the non-k processors being the ones which failed to make the cut to be marked as a -k series.

The main differentiation in these chips is the variation in the clock-speeds, the Core i5 2320 is the lowest clocked i5 processor from the Sandy-Bridge family [save the Core i5 2310]. I suggest that you stick to the i5 2400.

Yes you can use the HDMI-IN connector on your DELL with this RIG.

@Jakob @ALPHA17 connecting via dvi , vga or hdmi all will give the same quality images or any difference in them .
What is the price difference between i5 2320 and i5 2400 ?

@Jakob @ALPHA17 connecting via dvi , vga or hdmi all will give the same quality images or any difference in them .
What is the price difference between i5 2320 and i5 2400 ?

Highly recommended that you use DVI-D OR HDMI-IN instead of VGA because the latter is completely phased out and I doubt it supports resolutions over ~1080p. Picture quality will be better on the former than the latter as well, only advantage that HDMI holds over the other two input formats is that it can send audio over the same cable that carries the video signal.

Video Graphics Array - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia / List of video connectors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia --
Today, the VGA analog interface is used for widescreen resolutions including 1920×1080. However, there can be picture quality degradation when compared to using a DVI or HDMI connection, especially on larger sized LCD/LED monitors or TVs. How discernible this quality difference is depends on the individual's eyesight. Blu-ray playback at 1080p is possible via the VGA analog interface, if Image Constraint Token (ICT) is not enabled on the Blu-ray disc.

I think the two have a price difference of ~1000/- -->1500/-.

@ALPHA17 @Jakob which graphics card will be best in the range of 20k and with my current system configuration i.e

Intel Core i5 2400 ~10500/-
MSi H67MA-E35 ~4800/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1700/-
AMD HD 7850 2GB OC ~16500/-[NOT SURE ABOUT THE PRICE]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/-
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-
DELL ST2220L ~8200/-
MICROTEK 800VA~2800/-
LOGITECH K200 keyboard ~450/

and will i have to add or replace part for compatibility with the GPU if am not going for Radeon 7850 OC version ... And 6970 is better than 7850 in terms of performance ?

which graphics card will be best in the range of 20k and with my current system configuration i.e
And 6970 is better than 7850 in terms of performance ?

Well you can look at these following --
AMD HD7850 2GB ~16000/-
AMD HD7870 2GB ~22500/-
nVidia GT660Ti ~20000/- [not yet released an hope the pricing stays around this mark when it comes out around ~24th this month]

Yes the HD6970 also consumes more power at the incrementally better performance vis-á-vis the HD7850 which has a newer architecture [with better GPGPU performance] and higher efficiency. Though I would wait if I were you for the GTX660Ti, if it is priced right in India expect a lot of price drops on AMD's part and improved performance for a higher price tag by nVidia.

@amansagar Sapphire HD7850-16k OR MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2-16.5k would be good option.No point in going for HD6XXX series since new architecture gpu's are launched.The GTX660-ti will be priced at 22-24k as nvidia will price it expensive as usual.

ALPHA17 @Jakobcan i use dual graphics card in my current motherboard ? i don't know much about this so in future i want to upgrade my GPU instead of buying new one i can get 1 more GPU of sme stats and use it

ALPHA17 @Jakobcan i use dual graphics card in my current motherboard ? i don't know much about this so in future i want to upgrade my GPU instead of buying new one i can get 1 more GPU of sme stats and use it

No you cannot do that with current motherboard and neither will I recommend that path for you. It can get very expensive and maintaining the latest driver updates [with CrossFire / SLi profiles] is something that is best to be avoided.

Back