Need help in flashing batista 70 ROM

sumatrix

Skilled
Hi. As the title says i need help in flashing the Batista 70 ROm. i have downloaded the XXKH3 ROM and also flashed the XXKH3

kernel through ODIN . but when i boot to recovery mode and select the batista 70 ROM file on my samsung galaxy s2's HDD it

says E: Signature verification failed. i just googled the error and i saw that many have got the same error. the solution is to

enable the avoif signature verification on ROM manager but i could not find the option anywhere.

Yes sir i did that and it is working now.

I am facing a new problem now. KIES is not able to recognize my phone. i am on batista 3.7.7 final

I had downloaded the complete wipe install file but when i checked my mass storage ,everything was intact. so i guess it was not complete wipe.do i need to manually wipe the dalvik cache ??

tried a battery pull ,no use. It is not getting recognised. i have actually reverted back to the stock KE8 kernel after flashing the ROM (complete wipe method).

sumatrix said:
tried a battery pull ,no use. It is not getting recognised. i have actually reverted back to the stock KE8 kernel after flashing the ROM (complete wipe method).

May i know what you are looking in a rom, cos i tried MIUI, Lightening, Darky's and never had an issue really, but lightening rom was the best till date in terms of stabilty, in terms of UI and feel id close my eyes and install MIUI

Some times some services crash of kies,restart pc and check for an error report and if no error then i don't know why its not reading ,but if the error comes you have to say re try.

I really dont need anything from a ROM except speed and stability and little bit of eye candy. say the screenies of Batista and loved it so flashed Batista. I ve seen MIUI too and its superb but i dont like the fact that its a rip off of IOS. so is lightening ROM that good??

sumatrix said:
I really dont need anything from a ROM except speed and stability and little bit of eye candy. say the screenies of Batista and loved it so flashed Batista. I ve seen MIUI too and its superb but i dont like the fact that its a rip off of IOS. so is lightening ROM that good??

im using lightening rom with blue monkey theme

Even I am facing the same problem of Kies not connecting,get this msg "Cannot start service on the device.plz disconnect then reconnect the device." .The problem started after I installed Check's Dk gold edition V3.5 though V3 was not having any probs with kies,so thought of changing the rom and installed Batista but still kies is not connecting.
Installed kies again and all other fixes on the net still no luck :mad:

yogi1771 said:
Even I am facing the same problem of Kies not connecting,get this msg "Cannot start service on the device.plz disconnect then reconnect the device." .The problem started after I installed Check's Dk gold edition V3.5 though V3 was not having any probs with kies,so thought of changing the rom and installed Batista but still kies is not connecting.

Installed kies again and all other fixes on the net still no luck :mad:

Checked without memory card if you have any ?? tried a battery pull ? do you have any custom kernel installed ?

i solved the problem by flashing the latest Batista ROM hound version.

Now i can connect to KIES but cannot restore my calender entries. that may be becasue of the kernel version??

Will Kies not start if a custom kernel is flashed??

How come memory effects the connecting problem with kies? anyway will try it along with battery pull.Well I rooted the phone using hellcats kernel and after that all the kernels which came with the rom.

yogi1771 said:
How come memory effects the connecting problem with kies? anyway will try it along with battery pull.Well I rooted the phone using hellcats kernel and after that all the kernels which came with the rom.

Memory does play a major role, as to connect to KIES u need MTP mode, which mounts storage,if card doesnt mount on host machine, you will have issues with MTP initialization being incomplete , you have done a wipe install havent you ???? if not then do a wipe install after clearing dalvik cache

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ sumatrix ...i sync my calendar on my google account, practically i dont use KIES at all, backup my contacts using myphone explorer,

sumatrix said:
i solved the problem by flashing the latest Batista ROM hound version.

Now i can connect to KIES but cannot restore my calender entries. that may be becasue of the kernel version??

Will Kies not start if a custom kernel is flashed??
Ok after flashing this rom kies is back :D

ryanrulez4ever said:
May i know what you are looking in a rom, cos i tried MIUI, Lightening, Darky's and never had an issue really, but lightening rom was the best till date in terms of stabilty, in terms of UI and feel id close my eyes and install MIUI

Was MIUI stable with all the functions working??

Can you give the link to it??

I have installed the latest sensation ROM. Does not have much hoohaa like the lightening but the UI is nice.

Back