Need help in port forwarding (Airtel Xstream with Static IP)

What modem do you have?
Not even sure which one it is.
It's connected in bridge mode to my primary router so it's running pretty much as a dumb ont/media converter.

Having said that, i sort of doubt that any specific modem/router would have internal limitations on port that can be fwdd.

It may be Worth sharing pics of your wan config and NAT setup .

@superczar here are some screenshots.

@superczar here are some screenshots.

On the last screenshot, i am presuming 192.168.1.1 is the lan ip for your gateway/router (ie the device you are configuring itself)
I am assuming the intent is to forward 443 to a server/device on the lan.
Are you getting the same error if you change the target ip for nat to any other device on your network

On the last screenshot, i am presuming 192.168.1.1 is the lan ip for your gateway/router (ie the device you are configuring itself)
I am assuming the intent is to forward 443 to a server/device on the lan.
Are you getting the same error if you change the target ip for nat to any other device on your network
No no it’s to another device. 193.168.1.15. It’s got cutoff due to resolution.

From this one I would have inferred that it's a router limitation.
Yes a few routers have such limitations. For example, the Sercomm one wouldn't allow me more than 8 ports to be forwarded. Whatever the reason, the firmware has such limitations.

Just raise a query with Airtel Black/Xstream support, they will replace your router with another model.
Or put this one in bridge mode and use your own router.

john wick and his cat....please let us know that, for port forwarding, do we really require static IP in the airtel service discussed over here?

Another update on the situation.
Since the static IP config changes that the 'network engineer' made on my router, the landline wasn't working.

I told him about the missing config for the voice channel in the WAN settings, he had no idea what I was talking about.

I raised a request through the Thanks app, called him again, he assigned it to himself.
Called me to reset the router to factory settings. The old pppoe for internet and voice settings came back, I changed the Internet settings from pppoe to static IP and internet (and landline) works again.

I just wish every ISP had at least one knowledgeable person in every region/locale.

Now I told him about port forwarding, let's see.

Edit 8:34PM:

Now this is super dumb (I don't know if on my part or on how it works).

So it seems all the port forwarding was working from the beginning.

Basically I tried to access home assistance instance (port 8123) on my static IP (after port forwarding) with mobile data (Not WiFi) and it works.
port 80 still points to the airtel router web panel, but the rest of the ports seem to work.

But if I am on the WiFi and try to access via http(s)://<Static IP> then it does not work (connection times out).

I have changed the LAN DNS to a pihole instance and WAN DNS to googledns by the way. Before and after behaviour is the same about above.
@superczar can you please verify if you can access http(s)://<Static IP>:<WAN Port> from inside your LAN as well as via internet? I am able to access it over SIM network, but not when I am on same network.

<LAN IP>:<LAN Port> works fine though on local network.
You have been very helpful so far. Thank you
Hey Ive been trying to enable port forwarding in my router as well to make a Minecraft server and it doesn't seem to work
could you tell me how u enabled port forwarding.?

Hey Ive been trying to enable port forwarding in my router as well to make a Minecraft server and it doesn't seem to work
could you tell me how u enabled port forwarding.?
Which router are you using?
Have you paid for static IP? Unfortunately you can't forward port without static IP (There are other ways to get minecraft access to work over internet)

Hey how did you solve the router page issue? I have a static IP and I setup DNS record as well. but when I visit my domain it shows router page. Why would this even happen? I do have port forwarding setup with 80 -> 80 and DMZ as well

Either do DMZ or port forwarding. Not both.
Also change router admin panel port to something other than 80. (in router settings)
Hey how did you solve the router page issue? I have a static IP and I setup DNS record as well. but when I visit my domain it shows router page. Why would this even happen? I do have port forwarding setup with 80 -> 80 and DMZ as well

Either do DMZ or port forwarding. Not both.
Also change router admin panel port to something other than 80. (in router settings)
brother, i had the sercomm router yesterday today i got the replacement because i have fortforwarding issue in it. I have static ip and my ports are blocked,
I am trying to make a DAYZ server and want to forward port 2302 plz help me or suggest me omething because the airtel guys and backhand team are dumb ass....

@napstersquest
Just a fyi :)
Port forwarding in general is not considered good from a security perspective, it's like you are punching holes in your security blanket/firewalls.
If the requirement is just to access some things from outside, you can do that without port forwarding or static IP.
It takes some setup, which I'm happy to assist you with since I did it recently, but it's free so you will save some money haha.
Let me know ..

@napstersquest
Just a fyi :)
Port forwarding in general is not considered good from a security perspective, it's like you are punching holes in your security blanket/firewalls.
If the requirement is just to access some things from outside, you can do that without port forwarding or static IP.
It takes some setup, which I'm happy to assist you with since I did it recently, but it's free so you will save some money haha.
Let me know ..
I have hosted around 10 websites on home server, by forwarding just 2 ports and using NPM.

Opening anything to the internet invites some vulnerabilities. Other options like Tailscale (local VPN) exist, but they have their own limitations and overheads.
I'd suggest completely containerizing whatever you want to expose to the internet and having a non root user as the container execution user.

I ended up going the Tailscale route because I was too lazy to get a static IP for a single media server app but the security principle carries over either way.

Opening anything to the internet invites some vulnerabilities. Other options like Tailscale (local VPN) exist, but they have their own limitations and overheads.
I'd suggest completely containerizing whatever you want to expose to the internet and having a non root user as the container execution user.

I ended up going the Tailscale route because I was too lazy to get a static IP for a single media server app but the security principle carries over either way.

I initially started with using Cloudflare tunnels, discovered Tailscale down the line and it's just so easy and flawless.

Back