Budget 71-90K Need help making a decision.

Gaurav_347

Recruit
So I am confused between HP envy x360 Ay0045au or Asus zenbook 14 ux425ea. Both are available on Amazon for almost similar price. Which one should I choose and why?

Which one should I choose and why?
Depends on your requirement and why you need the laptop?

Zenbook with 11th gen Intel, Xe graphics and Thunderbolt 4 looks like a better deal.. but if you want a touchscreen, x360 is the way to go.

Go with the maximum extended warranty no matter what laptop you buy.

Depends on your requirement and why you need the laptop?

Zenbook with 11th gen Intel, Xe graphics and Thunderbolt 4 looks like a better deal.. but if you want a touchscreen, x360 is the way to go.

Go with the maximum extended warranty no matter what laptop you buy.
I am retiring my macbook pro which is almost 11 years old. Was planning to make switch earlier but I thought I should wait for the prices to go down.

My main requirent is for office work and some light entertainment . I am basically looking for something which will last me good 3-5 years.

How's the Asus after sales service? How can I opt for extended warranty on websites like amazon and flipkart?

I am retiring my macbook pro which is almost 11 years old. Was planning to make switch earlier but I thought I should wait for the prices to go down.

My main requirent is for office work and some light entertainment . I am basically looking for something which will last me good 3-5 years.

Why not go for Macbook M1?

How's the Asus after sales service? How can I opt for extended warranty on websites like amazon and flipkart?
I have a Vivobook which is a segment lower than Zenbook, so can't directly compare but its MoBo has been replaced once, keyboard replaced twice under Warranty and keyboard has gone haywire yet again. So till you have warranty, you should be covered.

For any brand, ASS depends on your local guy, if they are good, you'll get good service otherwise.

Warranty is bought from OEM's own website, not from Amazon/FK. You usually get it way cheaper too.

For asus - 3 year EW for ₹999 https://www.asuspromo.in/home

So I am confused between HP envy x360 Ay0045au or Asus zenbook 14 ux425ea. Both are available on Amazon for almost similar price. Which one should I choose and why?
Its usually not a good idea to buy a convertible unless you actually need touch/pen input. It adds cost and complexity to a design which can result in compromises elsewhere.

Why not go for Macbook M1?

I have a Vivobook which is a segment lower than Zenbook, so can't directly compare but its MoBo has been replaced once, keyboard replaced twice under Warranty and keyboard has gone haywire yet again. So till you have warranty, you should be covered.

For any brand, ASS depends on your local guy, if they are good, you'll get good service otherwise.

Warranty is bought from OEM's own website, not from Amazon/FK. You usually get it way cheaper too.

For asus - 3 year EW for ₹999 https://www.asuspromo.in/home
Thank you for this. Yes I saw the m1 but it is is not fitting my price range. Any other options I should look at. Planning to visit the stores today to see what other options are there. Any specific laptops I should look at?

Its usually not a good idea to buy a convertible unless you actually need touch/pen input. It adds cost and complexity to a design which can result in compromises elsewhere.
Yes I saw a few posts on reddit where people have mentioned serious problems like breaking and even cracking of the screen due to the hinges specially in Hp envy x360.

Zenbooks don't come with 3 years warranty by default?
What are the ultrabooks in India with 3 years warranty by default?
With 90k budget you should get 3 years by default ( except Apple)...it's a very good budget for an ultrabook.

So I visited a few stores today which were open. Now I am highly confused. What do you guys think about lenovo and dell? I have a few requirements that I want from the laptop. Firstly the build quality. It should be good . Secondly the screen should be bright and glossy with minimum 300nits and above . Touch or no touch it doesn't matter. Thirdly the battery life should be good. Fourth the processor should be good enough to indulge in some gaming once in a while. Games like pubg or csgo etc. Don't mind playing on medium to low graphics also.
Screenshot_20210207_171031_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

These are the ones I am looking at.

Last edited:
lg gram has extra ram slot and ssd slot (not sure about this), but idk about lg laptop ass. envy x360 will be hardertoimpossible to repair if anything goes wrong compared to other options.

Pick the base G14 and call it a day

Outside of that, you get diminishing returns on performance once you get past ~70k (80+ with GST) or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for one more recommendation. Really appreciate that you have confused me more than I already was. Lol! On a serious note thank you for your input. Please tell me if there are more laptops to consider. I heard about these g14's when they were launched. I can see that the prices have been slashed now making them affordable and in my price range.

Thank you for one more recommendation. Really appreciate that you have confused me more than I already was. Lol! On a serious note thank you for your input. Please tell me if there are more laptops to consider. I heard about these g14's when they were launched. I can see that the prices have been slashed now making them affordable and in my price range.
You're welcome :p

That's it really. If performance, build and battery life area all important, there's nothing like the G14 in this size.

Back