Budget 31-40k Need help selecting a CPU, Motherboard, RAM, SSD and PSU.

A nudge - do keep in mind after sales service aspect as well.
Will do...don't know how though.
The PSU should be fine, Corsairs supposed to be great.
I'll pick up the G.Skill RAMs as they have come down in price, so they should be okay too.
The WD SSD should be fine too.
The only thing that's iffy is the Gigabyte motherboard.

Will do...don't know how though.
The PSU should be fine, Corsairs supposed to be great.
I'll pick up the G.Skill RAMs as they have come down in price, so they should be okay too.
The WD SSD should be fine too.
The only thing that's iffy is the Gigabyte motherboard.
Since your previous post mentioned about leaning towards Adata and couple of posts mentioned horror stories of RMA, I wanted to nudge you!

Your current selection - Corsair, G.Skill, WD is worry free.

I think for Mobo, steer clear of MSI for sure. They are notorious with after sales in India.

How's the service from PrimeABGB? What happens if you get something thats a dud?
Would I be safer ordering from there rather than Amazon?
Good After Sales Service but you may requires to keep Invoice till life time of warranty/warranty period. Have no experience about Dead On Arrival Product.

They do home delivery via their own staff but charge extra, they charge me Rs.150/- extra in 2011 for home delivery of stuff I bought from them (cabinet, ram, mobo, processor, hdd etc.) and provide warranty on Gskill RAM in 2019, replacing dead ram with Brand New (Sealed Pack) but took 25-45 days and 5-6 emails/calls.

They have some fancy offer, let us know low price and we match them etc. etc, but it won't work (at least they do not match lowest online price for RAM by Vedanta & ask Rs.50/- over vedanta price + shipping extra)

Note down price from their website PrimeAbGb.com and than call them (before placing order online), discuss warranty & DOA situation etc, and after confirmation via EAMIL) buy online order you will get 2% discount for UPI Payment.

I will insist on confirmation via email, because, they are Pvt. Ltd. company with good numbers of staff and email response you can use as proof, if requires in future.

PS: - for Mother board, if buying go with ASUS as PrimeAbGb is big dealer of ASUS & Gskill on Lemington Road and may help extra mile if you buy whole system from them, but I will prefer to stick with Gigabyte. choice is yours. Take @vyral_143 advice seriously as good ASS may save 1000's on traveling & precious time to running between dealer & service center.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.
I've placed the order for everything but the SSD. I'll do that after checking that the system works.

From Flipkart -
Seller - RetailNet - open box delivery

AMD 5500GT @ Rs.9139 (bank discount -Rs.750+ Flipkart coins -Rs.500)

From Amazon
Seller - Clicktech Retail Private Ltd

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (1 * 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz CL16-18-18-38 *2 @ Rs.4858.2
GIGABYTE AMD B450M DS3H V2 @ Rs.5473.8
CORSAIR Series CX650 @ 4766.15 (after 5% ICICI card cashback.)
- Rs. 150 cashback + Rs. 100 cashback - Amazon electronics promotion.

Total - Rs. 23987.15
Good After Sales Service but you may requires to keep Invoice till life time of warranty/warranty period. Have no experience about Dead On Arrival Product.

They have some fancy offer, let us know low price and we match them etc. etc, but it won't work (at least they do not match lowest online price for RAM by Vedanta & ask Rs.50/- over vedanta price + shipping extra)

PS: - for Mother board, if buying go with ASUS as PrimeAbGb is big dealer of ASUS & Gskill on Lemington Road and may help extra mile if you buy whole system from them, but I will prefer to stick with Gigabyte. choice is yours. Take @vyral_143 advice seriously as good ASS may save 1000's on traveling & precious time to running between dealer & service center.
I tried the low price thing with Prime, and they didn't bother replying.
The Amazon/Flipkart discounts weren't something they were going to match anyway.

Got a Gigabyte M/b.
Took @vyral_143 's advice, and got the G.Skill RAM's.
Also listened to some other sage advice, and got the Corsair 650CX - more appropriate for my build rather than the more expensive RM750e, that I was obsessing over.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
I tried the low price thing with Prime, and they didn't bother replying.
The Amazon/Flipkart discounts weren't something they were going to match anyway.
primeAbGb or any other good reputed dealer may offer you excellent after sales service in case anything goes wrong in warranty period but you can't guarantee same with Az/Fk.

Yes, I too found price are little higher side at Lamington Road compare to online sellers, you should wait to start Az/Fk sales and at that time again check prime website and decide.

Good After Sales Service by local dealers may save 1000's on traveling & also save precious time to running between dealer & service center.

In my area local good dealers charge 10%-15% over lowest price (online) but provide good after sales service if any issue arise, you just need to drop product at their shop and rest they will do all, if possible some time they even provide you temporary hardware so you can keep running your system.

For the RAM - I'm leaning towards the Adata that I mentioned earlier, as it's on the qualified vendor list, and the G.Skill isn't. It's also much cheaper on Amazon, and that'll allow me to buy everything from 1 vendor.
Qualified vendor list is practically useless, it is only published to tick a set of checkboxes. Also, you don't seem to know that all the ram chips in the world are manufactured by 3 companies only (samsung/crucial micron/sk hynix) & all other ram manufacturers buy ram chips from these 3 companies to assemble to make their own ram.

XPG ADATA GAMMIX D30 DDR4 16GB (1x16GB) 3200MHz currently available on amazon for 2596 & G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (1 * 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz available on amazon currently for 2699 so a grand difference of Rs.103.
For the SSD - I'm warming up to the idea of getting the WD Black. (Data is the most important thing on the computer.) But I'm still drawn towards the Adata. It's cheaper and has good reviews, but mainly because it'll let me keep the total cost below Rs.30,000 (with card discounts - I've made my wife revive her SBI account and am going to make use of her sisters debit card as well :blackeye:) - and make me feel like I've achieved something great. o_O
WD Blue SN580 1TB is available for 5999 while adata SX8200 pro 1TB available for 4955 so a difference of around 1k only.

primeAbGb or any other good reputed dealer may offer you excellent after sales service in case anything goes wrong in warranty period but you can't guarantee same with Az/Fk.

Yes, I too found price are little higher side at Lamington Road compare to online sellers, you should wait to start Az/Fk sales and at that time again check prime website and decide.

Good After Sales Service by local dealers may save 1000's on traveling & also save precious time to running between dealer & service center.

In my area local good dealers charge 10%-15% over lowest price (online) but provide good after sales service if any issue arise, you just need to drop product at their shop and rest they will do all, if possible some time they even provide you temporary hardware so you can keep running your system.
If I was still in Mumbai, I would have walked down to Lamington Road, and picked up all the parts. There was an AMD processor dealer - back when no one wanted an AMD - on the first floor somewhere - who used to give me good deals, and great after sales service.
Sadly, in Pune, traveling to local shops takes too much time and effort. And I don't think they care about their customers enough to provide the same level of customer service.
That's one of the few things I miss about Mumbai.

Anyway, my PC parts have started arriving. The processor and PSU have arrived. The M/b and RAM should come sometime today.

And, I saw some deals for GPU's on Flipkart and Amazon, and convinced myself that low-midrange GPU prices aren't going to come down anytime soon, so I might as well buy one now.
Picked up the GIGABYTE Geforce RTX 4060 Eagle @ Rs.24249.

Still need to order the SSD.
And I think I'll need a new case now. I was planning on using a slim HTPC case, but I don't think the card will fit.

@ch@ts

how if you post product name, price and source, will help others to get good deal or price from their local/online sellers?
?? I don't understand! Is that sarcasm?

Anyway - The CPU, M/b, RAM, and PSU have arrived. I'm currently replying from the new system, using a Live Debian USB stick.

Everything seems to be working fine.
I'll wait till I get the M2 drive, and the GPU before I install the system.

Checked the import dates, and all the items were imported after July 2024.

?? I don't understand! Is that sarcasm?

Anyway - The CPU, M/b, RAM, and PSU have arrived. I'm currently replying from the new system, using a Live Debian USB stick.

Checked the import dates, and all the items were imported after July 2024.
sarcasm ... not at all,

i wish you to post here your purchase details/price, so help others, to buy lowest possible price, who wish to upgrade

sarcasm ... not at all,

i wish you to post here your purchase details/price, so help others, to buy lowest possible price, who wish to upgrade
Its his thread does he really need to provide everything here to "help others"? I though we were the ones helping him decide not the other way around or am I missing something?

Have you not yet ordered SSD? There are some differences between WD SN580 and ADATA SX8200 but nothing that will make you choose one over the other. If you prefer having actual DRAM then go with Adata (WD uses HMB which is like slightly worse DRAM). If you prefer higher speed go with WD as it comes with PCIe 4 standards. The price difference that you already know about.

And, I saw some deals for GPU's on Flipkart and Amazon, and convinced myself that low-midrange GPU prices aren't going to come down anytime soon, so I might as well buy one now.
Picked up the GIGABYTE Geforce RTX 4060 Eagle @ Rs.24249.
I wish you had gone with a used graphics card route because RTX 4060 at this price point is a bad choice. You could have gotten a 3060ti which is faster than this for 16k-17k INR. Although I can see you got some discount using CC (maybe you can avail the same when you buy SSD?). I personally bought a used RTX3070 (in good condition) for 20k a month or two ago and it performs better than 4060TI (35k INR new). Anyway what is done is done. Nice to see your PC is almost ready.

Its his thread does he really need to provide everything here to "help others"?
@ch@ts , @YeAhx

really sorry that I asked for ... Your are right, members are free to ask and get benefit from others reply but when others ask him than it's his THREAD, great just great, good lesson learnt today on TE.

Europe's problems are the world's problems but the world's problems are not Europe's .. S. Jaishankar

Its his thread does he really need to provide everything here to "help others"? I though we were the ones helping him decide not the other way around or am I missing something?

Have you not yet ordered SSD? There are some differences between WD SN580 and ADATA SX8200 but nothing that will make you choose one over the other. If you prefer having actual DRAM then go with Adata (WD uses HMB which is like slightly worse DRAM). If you prefer higher speed go with WD as it comes with PCIe 4 standards. The price difference that you already know about.

I wish you had gone with a used graphics card route because RTX 4060 at this price point is a bad choice. You could have gotten a 3060ti which is faster than this for 16k-17k INR. Although I can see you got some discount using CC (maybe you can avail the same when you buy SSD?). I personally bought a used RTX3070 (in good condition) for 20k a month or two ago and it performs better than 4060TI (35k INR new). Anyway what is done is done. Nice to see your PC is almost ready.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to setting things up this weekend, but for that Flipkart needs to deliver the M2 drive earlier than the 1st of October that they've promised.
I ordered the a WD Black 1TB SN770 for Rs.4989 from Flipkart, using card discounts.

For the GPU, I was considering getting a 3060 instead of the 4060, as it was coming for under Rs.20,000 - after discounts on Flipkart. I chose the 4060 mainly because it consumes less power, and is slightly more powerful.

I didn't want to go through the hassle of buying something second hand, and I'm don't game much, so I didn't need a more powerful card. I wanted something that'll let me play around with AI, and game a bit. I'm sure there are many cards that could have worked just as well, or better than the one I chose, but the 4060 is what I went with.

Anyway, I'd already mentioned all the prices I'd paid, and had linked all my components to their respective product pages.
I'm happy with the help and advice I received on this thread, and I'll be glad if someone finds my posts useful.

Back