Monitors Need Help Selecting a monitor for dual setup

Hello,

Currently I am having dell u2515h 2k monitor.. I am planning to get a 1080p secondary monitor.. mainly use them for social site yt videos etc..

I need some monitor suggestions, (budget oriented) that will go well with my current monitor..The size of the bezel should be equal....to the current one..

i had shortlisted this one..

https://www.amazon.in/Dell-60-96-Ul...KOQI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1541086866&sr=8-9

Need your opinions and suggestion..

Thanks...

Regards..
[DOUBLEPOST=1541151252][/DOUBLEPOST]Any help guys.. dewali sale is going one..won't like to miss it

Thanks..[DOUBLEPOST=1541216904][/DOUBLEPOST]Bump...

Last edited:
If you're okay with 22inch, then Hp 22es or LG MP68. 1080p looks great on these.
If you want 24inch then 24es and 24mp88hv.

The panels on all of the above are really good IPS and both lines are great VFM.

If you're okay with 22inch, then Hp 22es or LG MP68. 1080p looks great on these.
If you want 24inch then 24es and 24mp88hv.

The panels on all of the above are really good IPS and both lines are great VFM.

Hi thanks a lot for ur reply.. can u suggest me something in Dell itself.....only thing is the monitors should align properly...

Hi thanks a lot for ur reply.. can u suggest me something in Dell itself.....only thing is the monitors should align properly...
You're welcome mate.

25 inc and 22/24inch wont align. They will be shorter on top or bottom. If either of them is height adjustable, you can align top or bottom.

If you want them to align exactly, you'll have the get the same monitor as your current Dell one. Making them align is a tough job. I have HP22fi and 22es in a 3screen setup, they are near identical and making them align is a tough job. I would suggest either ditching the older one or getting another one of the same new or second hand.

Dell doesnt have great monitors right now. The consumer models in 22inch etc have 6bit panel etc which aren't great. These are the best VFM consumer models right now. You can check their reviews.

You're welcome mate.

25 inc and 22/24inch wont align. They will be shorter on top or bottom. If either of them is height adjustable, you can align top or bottom.

If you want them to align exactly, you'll have the get the same monitor as your current Dell one. Making them align is a tough job. I have HP22fi and 22es in a 3screen setup, they are near identical and making them align is a tough job. I would suggest either ditching the older one or getting another one of the same new or second hand.

Dell doesnt have great monitors right now. The consumer models in 22inch etc have 6bit panel etc which aren't great. These are the best VFM consumer models right now. You can check their reviews.

Hi once again thanks for ur detailed reply.. really appreciate it. So i have 2 options, either I need to sell my old monitor and get a new one or buy a same monitor as my existing one...

The prob is the existing monitor is not available anymore.. i am ok with refurbished one aswell.

As my existing monitor is a 2k monitor.. i am a bit reluctant to sell it for a 1080p one lol.

So shall i get the 24es hp monitor and pair it with my existing monitor?...I'll be wall mounting them..I hope they will blend well...

Thanks a lot again for taking ur time..
Regards...

Hi once again thanks for ur detailed reply.. really appreciate it. So i have 2 options, either I need to sell my old monitor and get a new one or buy a same monitor as my existing one...

The prob is the existing monitor is not available anymore.. i am ok with refurbished one aswell.

As my existing monitor is a 2k monitor.. i am a bit reluctant to sell it for a 1080p one lol.

So shall i get the 24es hp monitor and pair it with my existing monitor?...I'll be wall mounting them..I hope they will blend well...

Thanks a lot again for taking ur time..
Regards...
Please check if they have VESA mount behind. I dont think the hp or LG 24inch ones has it.

Yes it doesnt make sense to replace the old one since its ultrasharp.

...Dell doesnt have great monitors right now. The consumer models in 22inch etc have 6bit panel etc which aren't great. These are the best VFM consumer models right now. You can check their reviews.

How are their ultrasharp monitors these days? I have an old 2208wfp which is about to conk off and am looking at options. sRGB mode is pretty important to me, for realistic colours. Also considering if an ultrawide monitor makes sense, given you will need a huge size to get the vertical space of a regular 16:9/10

Please check if they have VESA mount behind. I dont think the hp or LG 24inch ones has it.

Yes it doesnt make sense to replace the old one since its ultrasharp.
Yea thanks I checked them and found out that the 24es and ea models don't have vesa support. The hp 24w has vesa support and is lot cheaper.. don't know y..lol..
Lg24 inch has vesa support..

Which one to go for the lg24mp88hv or hp 24w..
Need Ur help..

Regarding ultrasharp monitors the 2515h was considered best bang for buck..the newer version 2518d are not up to the mark

Check out this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/7gcsry/difference_between_dell_u2515h_and_dell_u2518d/

Yea thanks I checked them and found out that the 24es and ea models don't have vesa support. The hp 24w has vesa support and is lot cheaper.. don't know y..lol..
Lg24 inch has vesa support..

Which one to go for the lg24mp88hv or hp 24w..
Need Ur help..

Regarding ultrasharp monitors the 2515h was considered best bang for buck..the newer version 2518d are not up to the mark

Check out this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/7gcsry/difference_between_dell_u2515h_and_dell_u2518d/
24w panel is a lot worse than 24es. I have the 22w. LG looks good IMO.

This is probably not what you are looking for but I was in the market for a monitor recently and
I ended up buying viewsonic vx3276-2k-mhd for Rs. 26500 from a local dealer.
It is 2k resolution ips 32 inch 10 bit (8bit + frc) thin bezel monitor. Also is vesa mountable.
So you could make this your primary monitor.l and the existing one as the secondary.
It is out of your budget but not by a lot.

The monitor market seems to be stuck in time.
Prices haven't reduced and the specifications have been the same since the last 5 years.
4k monitors are ridiculously expensive. So I found this monitor to be the best value in terms of specs and price.

This is probably not what you are looking for but I was in the market for a monitor recently and
It is 2k resolution ips 32 inch 10 bit (8bit + frc) thin bezel monitor. Also is vesa mountable.
So you could make this your primary monitor.l and the existing one as the secondary.

Prices haven't reduced and the specifications have been the same since the last 5 years.
4k monitors are ridiculously expensive. So I found this monitor to be the best value in terms of specs and price.
Hey Mayank thank u for that suggestion.. The viewsonic monitor looks promising for the price.. only question how will I mount the dell monitor with it..I will have to stack it above...

Hey bro I to recently bought the same monitor. I wanted to ask how is the speakers on your side. And if using external speakers. Which one ?

You have a few 4k monitors at 25-35k around 24-27inch range. 32in and 2k would look really bad.
To be honest it's better than a 24" full hd on myside. Also the monitor can be adjusted which very less monitors give option for in this price range. Angel adjustment and not hight adjustment is what I am taking about.

Previously I owned a 24" LG MP77HM-P

Hey bro I to recently bought the same monitor. I wanted to ask how is the speakers on your side. And if using external speakers. Which one ?

The speakers are absolutely atrocious, so I don't use them at all. I don't use any external speakers, my macbook speakers are good enough, but mostly I use headphones.

The speakers are absolutely atrocious, so I don't use them at all. I don't use any external speakers, my macbook speakers are good enough, but mostly I use headphones.
I feel the same [emoji28]

Currently in hunt to buy some decent low budget speakers for family ...

Thankyou for your response [emoji846]

Back