Need help to configure Sierra 598u on BSNL EVDO. Urgent!

geek0killer

Disciple
Hello everyone,

I bought two Sierra 598u modems from US after reading this forum that it works like charm with BSNL EVDO but I am not able to configure it properly. So, all you who have done it successfully please help me.
I have swapped the ESN with my Zte AC8700 and then programmed it using DFS tool and uploaded the PRL.

Problem:
Now, the network shows up good in Aircard Watcher app but when I press connect it asks for 'Data profile'. If I enter the details (Username and pass and number #777), it disappears. When I access DEBUG mode(ctrl +D) it shows the 'sprint' UID on Mobile IP page. Whatever I do it reverts back to the 'Sierra' UID!!!

What am I doing wrong? Help me pls.

P.S. I changed the ESNs using Sierracdma tool which went successfully but now it doesn't allow me change the ESN. So, I am stuck with 3 modems( including ZTE) with a single ESN! :(

Hey.
Anytime. :)
have you tried to change the ESN back to original via CDMA workshop ? Did it work ?
Sierra esn changer utility should work. Do try on another PC if you can.

Check mail. I described in detail. And what else I did later.[DOUBLEPOST=1406712074][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you tag rest of the 598u users if that's not a problem with them?

@cisco_tech same issue what we discussed ?
OP have you tried keeping original ESN , flashing all values and then changing esn
or
Using qpst to write values ?
Or
Write using DFS but dont reset . Open in QPST and check . If values don't hold write in QPST

Did everything that you say @kuduku but the result is the same. Can't change ESN again (tried sierracdma, cdma workshop, qpst). Everything fails so tried changing the settings via qpst and cdma workshop again but result as before. The UID remain as sprint's.
I did found an interesting thing that Cdma workshop 3.8 onwards have included inbuilt unlocking and flashing for Sierra wireless modems. But all the files I downloaded of 3.8 and 3.9 are fake. So, I think they haven't been cracked.

I have included the screenshots of the error I received in Sierra cdma tool which I used before to change the ESN. The first screenshot is when I press the 'Read' button then it should have changed to the device's ESN and 'write' option but it doesn't. And the second screenshot is when I press the read button twice, it gives com-port not found error.View attachment 43666 View attachment 43667

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 326
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 373
Have you tried Sierra utility with another PC .
Did you try to write with QPST ?
and have you tried Sierra watcher itself to write values , that also works

@cisco_tech Does this utility works for 598 ?

Last edited:
Hello Friends! Recently I have purchased Sierra 598 U (firmware version - p2511202) and did programming and changed E** . But, Still it is not working. When i connect 598 u to my laptop it is displaying message " Hands free activation" and after some time signal convert into 1X mode and give error message "service update failed". I did follow steps from this link to configure 598 u with my BSNL sim card.
: http://bsnlevdoprithvi.blogspot.in/2014/01/configure-bsnl-evdo-on-sierra-598u.html .

Please help me on this problem. Thanks in advance.

All those guys having problems can check whether its Sprint or Verizon based firmware in them . In 595 Sprint always gave issues so Verizon firmware had to be loaded .
If same is sold by Verizon then better to install Verizon firmware on Sprint versions

@kuduku No. Mine are Sprint. As I mentioned, the UID reverts back to 'sprint's'. And, yes I tried it with my brother's laptop and everything that you mentioned. Same result.

@Jigs_2222 I followed the website you mentioned. And get the same error that you get but that is not a problem. You click on the menu and then 'switch off radio'. Then 'switch on'.. Everything will be fine. Then press 'Ctrl+D' then 'Modem configuration' in menu. Enter '000000' as pass and then change the UID and pass in IP page and HDR. Close the window then try connecting. Does it ask for 'Data profile'? And when you make a profile does it vanish? Open the 'Modem configuration again and see whether the UID has changed? Then report what happens.

P.S. Also, I tried their PRL file but again the one I downloaded from my ZTE works better.[DOUBLEPOST=1406829538][/DOUBLEPOST]No help from anyone?

Last edited:
Hello geek0killer ! The default profile is "PCS Vision" showing my BSNL CDMA number as 91xxxxxxx@AAAXX.IN ". even after deleting the profile it's create same one with the number. when i try to connect it is asking for "Password for PCS vision" . when i enter password as my mobile number it is not working.

woooh !!!!! Now Aircard 598 u is working fine it is not asking for the password . Just i have entered my user name and password in PAP,PPP,HDR AN ,HDR long and HDR &PPP using DFS CDMA tool. Also changed Home page, Home Origin and Roam origin as "EVRC".

Attachments

• Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    184.7 KB · Views: 347
Hello geek0killer ! The default profile is "PCS Vision" showing my BSNL CDMA number as 91xxxxxxx@AAAXX.IN ". even after deleting the profile it's create same one with the number. when i try to connect it is asking for "Password for PCS vision" . when i enter password as my mobile number it is not working.

From where did u delete the pcs vision? Try to delete it from change adapter settings.

Thanks doom2010 for the reply. I did delete from watcher settings. But, now i dont have any problem with BSNL. PCS vision profile working fine with BSNL EVDO.

Back