Need help to configure Sierra 598u on BSNL EVDO. Urgent!

I want to say Thank you kuduku, cisco_tech and other forum members who started original thread for 595 u. This discussion thread help me out to understand configuration and other information related EVDO.

Is there a way to configure modem to latch only to Rev A and not Rev 0? I have both towers in range in my location and the modem keeps fluctuating between these two.

Is there a way to configure modem to latch only to Rev A and not Rev 0? I have both towers in range in my location and the modem keeps fluctuating between these two.
As matter of fact I have the same problem. For 5 seconds I get 3Mbps and next 5 secs nothing. It's annoying. Btw, I am using ZTE AC2766 now.

After a long time I opened the battery from the modem (Sierra 595U). I see that it has swollen a lot and I am scared thinking that it might booom! anytime soon. Feels like there is sponge inside.
Now from where can I get its new battery? Any chance here in India or even ebay.in?

But it is not connecting without battery. When I plug it in without battery, network is full but network strength becomes zero if I try to connect to internet.

I have got an spare OEM battery which is fairly new, without any swelling. Ready to sell it for 400 Rupees. Please let me know if you are interested

ZTERUIMSlot.jpg
ZTERUIMSlot.jpg
HuaweiEC1260DumyRUIM.jpg
ZTERUIMSlot.jpg
HuaweiEC1260DumyRUIM.jpg

woooh !!!!! Now Aircard 598 u is working fine it is not asking for the password . Just i have entered my user name and password in PAP,PPP,HDR AN ,HDR long and HDR &PPP using DFS CDMA tool. Also changed Home page, Home Origin and Roam origin as "EVRC".
If nothing works, you please check if there is a RUIMSlot or not ZTEAC8700 has one under the cover and HuaweiEC1260 comes with a DUmy(False) card. Youhave to unlock it first via CDMAWorkshop Unlocking procedure: 1. select the comport in which it is connected, 2. click the Connect button to connect your device with CDMAWorkshopmodem by using the radio button of CDMAWorkshop , 3.After successfully connected your device click the read button to read the parameters of your connected device, 4.connect the , 5. Under Security tab,make sure that, it remains on default n_vread and write Put SPC as 000000(sixZeroes) after clicking the SPCButton select Send. it should show the following message as "SPCcorrect and phone unlocked", 6. Now on the other tab go to select,"RUIM if available put unlock code as0000 0000 on both and click write Now your Modem is unlocked to be used with any CDMA RUIM.

You need to change the EXX to configure which requires another tool.
how to "change the EXX" ? another tool ? ,Please let me know which tool i need to use .
i'm planning to follow "bsnlevdoprithvi.blogspot.in/2014/01/configure-bsnl-evdo-on-sierra-598u.html".[DOUBLEPOST=1457704782][/DOUBLEPOST]
No unlock required , you need to add BSNL parameteres[/QUOTEI]
I'm not able to read the values from sierra 598u using DFS CDMA Tool .
Please help me
Thanks.. I have updated the E** for sierra 598u

Last edited:
Extract the zip and rename the .123 file to .exe This file can be used to unlock and change the EXX of Sierra 598u.

Attachments

• SierraCDMA.zip
    770.6 KB · Views: 146
Extract the zip and rename the .123 file to .exe This file can be used to unlock and change the EXX of Sierra 598u.
Thank you @mathewvp I'm able to unlock and change E**.
Now I'm having issue with reading the data from RUIM, could you please suggest which data card I need to use it to read data from RUIM.

I have tried with AC2787, EC1260 and EC122 but couldn't able to read it.if I put RUIM or not data is same if I check it in DFS.
Please help..

Back