Budget 51-70k Need help with Building a budget PC

Sird

Disciple
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • 60-70k (Considering no upgrade for 5 years minimum)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - i7-860 2.8Ghz (4 Core, 8 thread) (I've only used i7's since 2010. i7-920, 930, 860)
    • Motherboard - Asus P7H55D -M Pro
    • GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    • RAM - G-Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 8GB
    • Monitor - Dell 22inch + HP 24W
    • PSU - Antec NE750G Modular Gold (1 year old)
    • Cabinet: CoolerMaster HAF 912
    • Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Air Cooler
    • SSD: Samsung EVO SSD for Windows
    • Drive: WD Green SSD + WD green HDD for data
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • PSU - Antec NE750G Modular Gold (1 year old)
    • Monitor for now.
    • Keyboard Asus Tuff Gaming K3
    • Mouse Logitech G402
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    I've picked some part names as per my budget idea from PCPriceTracker.in
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Desktop Processor (8 Cores/16 Threads/3.4GHz) 100-100000926WOF
      I'm thinking to try AMD for the first time since they are also cheaper these days.
    • Motherboard - MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Motherboard (AMD Socket AM4/Ryzen 3rd Gen Series CPU/Max 128GB DDR4 4400MHz Memory)
      I had a MSI x58 PRO-E in 2010 and my first impression was not so good. How's MSI these days? I'm fine with any other best-compatible brand/model too.
    • GPU - ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 3060 OC Edition 12GB Gaming Graphics Card DUAL-RTX3060-O12G
      I will be running 2 displays
    • Monitor: Looking for suggestions for a 1080 or 2k budget-friendly monitor good with colors for gaming. 24inch minimum and 27inch maximum.
      The above budget is not including a monitor. I am planning to use the current monitor for now and will upgrade by year end.
    • PSU -Antec NE750G Modular Gold (1-year-old)
      Gonna use my current PSU.
    • Cabinet - Please suggest under 4-5k
    • RAM: Team Group T-Force Delta RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz Memory TF4D432G3600HC18JDC01
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final for next 5 years minimum.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Open to online purchase and sale prices.
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Office usage which involves 2 displays and 30-40 chrome tabs at once.
    • Watching HD movies
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I prefer big brands like Asus, Gigabyte and others.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Valorant
    • Farcry
    • Shooting fps games.
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows

The config you've selected is good. I have the same motherboard. For graphics cards, you can look at used market. You can either save 10-15k on 3060, or get a much better 3070Ti/6800XT for the same price.

Since you've included office work, you might want to look at 5700G instead as you'll have backup in case your GPU is not working. Performance is slightly lower than 5700X, but not by a big margin.

5700X doesn't come with a CPU cooler, so you will have to get one. If you're not too fussy about temperatures, then a simple Deepcool Gammaxx 400 (any variant) will suffice. 5700G comes with a cooler.

5700X is not required for a gaming build, an i5 12400F or a Ryzen 5 5600 will deliver the same amount of frames. Since you'll be moving to a 1440p display, you'll want to prioritize your GPU. The i5 was on sale for around 10k on flipkart, so you could wait for a while to see if it comes back to that.

Swap the RTX 3060 for an RX 6700 or RX 6750 XT. For any of the newer releases and 1440p, a better GPU would benefit more.

Also, what are the capacities of your SSD drives? If it's sufficient, you can retain them, or go with a 1TB NVMe drive for 4k.

For the cabinet, anything with a meshed front is fine, like the Deepcool Matrexx 40 or Ant Esports Ice 100.

R5 5600 + RX 6750XT will perform much better in games than R7 5700X + 3060 12GB would. The above rig is a good 1440p gaming build. Do not buy 3060Ti, 4060Ti or 3070 because of just 8GB VRAM.

Can consider 3600MHz RAM if you want, the performance difference will be barely 1-2%.

That MSI mobo has good enough VRM to handle higher end CPUs as well, mainly R7 5800X3D, if you want a CPU upgrade later for gaming, say you are getting it used for cheap after 2 years.

Use your current HDD & SSDs as well as your CPU cooler, see if you can get its AM4 bracket.

Suggested cabinet is for mATX or smaller mobos only, won't fit ATX.

Some numbers - 4060Ti performs like 3060Ti, barely 5% faster.
1689846400853.png

The config you've selected is good. I have the same motherboard. For graphics cards, you can look at used market. You can either save 10-15k on 3060, or get a much better 3070Ti/6800XT for the same price.

Since you've included office work, you might want to look at 5700G instead as you'll have backup in case your GPU is not working. Performance is slightly lower than 5700X, but not by a big margin.

5700X doesn't come with a CPU cooler, so you will have to get one. If you're not too fussy about temperatures, then a simple Deepcool Gammaxx 400 (any variant) will suffice. 5700G comes with a cooler.
No, this is not an office machine nor do I intend to change anything due to it.
The only reason I mentioned office, is because I work on 1 screen while playing games on another, WFH benefit.
And yes I would like to save some on GPU, do you think 3060 is not required for what I have mentioned?
What else should I look at for NEW GPU?
5700X is not required for a gaming build, an i5 12400F or a Ryzen 5 5600 will deliver the same amount of frames. Since you'll be moving to a 1440p display, you'll want to prioritize your GPU. The i5 was on sale for around 10k on flipkart, so you could wait for a while to see if it comes back to that.

Swap the RTX 3060 for an RX 6700 or RX 6750 XT. For any of the newer releases and 1440p, a better GPU would benefit more.

Also, what are the capacities of your SSD drives? If it's sufficient, you can retain them, or go with a 1TB NVMe drive for 4k.

For the cabinet, anything with a meshed front is fine, like the Deepcool Matrexx 40 or Ant Esports Ice 100.
I have a total of 6Tb SSD's and 4Tb HDD for data. But I think investing in new-gen nvme or m.2 whatever is new/faster to install Windows will have some benefit right?
I use to have AMD Radeon R6950 a decade back and then many other AMD. But my life has been better with this Nvidia 1060 which I am using and its my first Nvidia. I'm inclined towards Nvidia.

Last edited:
No, this is not an office machine nor do I intend to change anything due to it.
The only reason I mentioned office, is because I work on 1 screen while playing games on another, WFH benefit.
And yes I would like to save some on GPU, do you think 3060 is not required for what I have mentioned?
What else should I look at for NEW GPU?

I have a total of 6Tb SSD's and 4Tb HDD for data. But I think investing in new-gen nvme or m.2 whatever is new/faster to install Windows will have some benefit right?
I use to have AMD Radeon R6950 a decade back and then many other AMD. But my life has been better with this Nvidia 1060 which I am using and its my first Nvidia. I'm inclined towards Nvidia.
Actually, in Windows 10, there'll be negligible difference between a SATA drive (the ones which you have) and an NVMe drive, unless you're moving a lot of files around. You've got a good SSD as a boot drive as well, so I'd recommend buying a new SSD only if you need more space.

For the GPU, RTX 3060 is fine for 1440P gaming, since you can take advantage of DLSS. It's just that if you wish to play newer FPS titles in the future, an RX 6700 or 6750 XT would give higher frames than the 3060. But if you're more comfortable with Nvidia, the RTX 3060 is still a good GPU for 24k. Heck, meybe retain you're current 1060 as well, and upgrade it when upgrading your monitor. You'll get more GPU options by then.

Also, maybe try fitting 64GB RAM into your budget. 32GB is plenty enough for your needs, but since you mentioned that you wouldn't be upgrading a few years, 64GB is nice to have. It would cost another 5.5k or so.

Last edited:
do you think 3060 is not required for what I have mentioned?
When I said you can save 15k, I meant you can save 15k by buying used rather than new.

Since you're trying to use it for 5 years, I would definitely recommend something better than 3060. I have 3060 and I don't think it will be good enough for another 5 years. In some of the latest games, it practically maxes out at 1080p High 60 FPS without DLSS. A 3080 would be a much better bet.

When I said you can save 15k, I meant you can save 15k by buying used rather than new.

Since you're trying to use it for 5 years, I would definitely recommend something better than 3060. I have 3060 and I don't think it will be good enough for another 5 years. In some of the latest games, it practically maxes out at 1080p High 60 FPS without DLSS. A 3080 would be a much better bet.
This is the way, buy a used GPU and save >=15k. 6600xt/6700xt/3060/Ti are usually good and will serve you for 3 years.

R5 5600 + RX 6750XT will perform much better in games than R7 5700X + 3060 12GB would. The above rig is a good 1440p gaming build. Do not buy 3060Ti, 4060Ti or 3070 because of just 8GB VRAM.

Can consider 3600MHz RAM if you want, the performance difference will be barely 1-2%.

That MSI mobo has good enough VRM to handle higher end CPUs as well, mainly R7 5800X3D, if you want a CPU upgrade later for gaming, say you are getting it used for cheap after 2 years.

Use your current HDD & SSDs as well as your CPU cooler, see if you can get its AM4 bracket.

Suggested cabinet is for mATX or smaller mobos only, won't fit ATX.

Some numbers - 4060Ti performs like 3060Ti, barely 5% faster.
View attachment 173252
Listen to Steve. Steve is real chad.
But I think investing in new-gen nvme or m.2 whatever is new/faster to install Windows will have some benefit right?
Ohh hell no. Nope. I have a Gen 4x4 (No-DRAM though) SSD in my build but the OS is still on ol reliable MX500. As far as Windows is considered After a SATA SSD it's just diminishing returns. Unless you have professional needs stay on Gen 3 NVME SSDs (For games/data; you don't need it for Windows).

Last edited:
For Gen4, gamers might need it with Direct Storage, but time will tell. For now, games load pretty fast on a good Gen3 NVMe like SN570. Loading time differences are noticeable in most new games.

Back