PC Peripherals Need Help with SFF PC Build (Case,AIO,PSU)

AgentBane

Disciple
Hi Guys,
I want to build my first SFF pc really impressed by Optimum Tech videos how much power we can add with in SFF builds.

As u all know testing parts compatibility in India is very much difficult and I am not sure how to get the best build.

So, I have decided on below core parts tried to get them currently.

Motherboard: MSI MEG Z690I Unify Gaming Motherboard
Processor: Intel Core i7-12700K
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 520

I need suggestions on which case, psu , aio which are good fit.

With regards to GPU I am going for 3070Ti later in coming months need suggestion for PSU based on it .

Currently I was thinking for either NR200P or A4H2O for the case if there is something which I have to know please comment below.

Note: I am going all out for the build as this will have to help me out for next 3-4yrs.

I've the 3070 with Ryzen 5600 on Lian Li Q58. GPU and CPU on custom loop with 280mm Rad + 3 140mm fans. Still it generates so much heat that i can make an omlet on top!

Are you planning for air or liquid build?

I'm on Lian li 750 PSU, it should take 3070ti without any issues.

Your best bet will be the NR200.
Any thing smaller would be a mistake considering the TDP of the components you choose to use. It'll let you go upto a 3080ti and it's heat dissipation capacity easily conquered. It can accomodate a tall heatsink for the CPU aswell. You are on the right track.
Good luck

Hey @AgentBane . I am planning on building a SFF gaming rig as well.

Quite like the components you have picked so far. What was the price for the motherboard and from where?

I have narrowed down on the NR200P Max for my case, psu and cooler since everything is integrated into this. Only catch is the price which is high when compared to buying each of these components separately.

Following this thread instead of making my own to get some more feedback from members here.

Nr200 is good one. Big enough that you won't have beat the shit out of the case.
Psu I'm using ia cooler master v650 sfx. Good psu.
As for cooling im using noctua u12a. It beats most of the aio's and fit perfectly in the nr200.

I've the 3070 with Ryzen 5600 on Lian Li Q58. GPU and CPU on custom loop with 280mm Rad + 3 140mm fans. Still it generates so much heat that i can make an omlet on top!

Are you planning for air or liquid build?

I'm on Lian li 750 PSU, it should take 3070ti without any issues.
No not much interested in liquid build they are much more complicated in my opinion .
Also I have plans of moving to states based on situations so would like to carry it with me .

I've used both Corsair sf750 platinum and cm sfx 850 gold.. recently rma my corsair psu but it seems they don't have any replacement due to bis certification issues..go with sfx 850 from cooler master revision unit
Yes is what I have in mind currently .
Your best bet will be the NR200.
Any thing smaller would be a mistake considering the TDP of the components you choose to use. It'll let you go upto a 3080ti and it's heat dissipation capacity easily conquered. It can accomodate a tall heatsink for the CPU aswell. You are on the right track.
Good luck
Thanks man I was thinking 3070ti should be more than enough for the build and my usage .
Hey @AgentBane . I am planning on building a SFF gaming rig as well.

Quite like the components you have picked so far. What was the price for the motherboard and from where?

I have narrowed down on the NR200P Max for my case, psu and cooler since everything is integrated into this. Only catch is the price which is high when compared to buying each of these components separately.

Following this thread instead of making my own to get some more feedback from members here.
All these parts are sponsored by my brother from states :) . So I went all in for them but I you have option go for ASUS ROG Strix Z690-I . I see most of the builds using this MOBO and super good reviews .

Processor - https://a.co/d/50sDIf9 - 380$
Mobo - https://a.co/d/1hceu8J - 400$
Ram - https://a.co/d/2YVprlI - 180$

Nr200 is good one. Big enough that you won't have beat the shit out of the case.
As for cooling im using noctua u12a. It beats most of the aio's and fit perfectly in the nr200.
Thanks for the suggestion but do I have to get any extra fans for better cooling ?

having built a few , here is my two bits
SFF price for ITX can be a major put off and eat into your budget
Heat is always a pain, unless you go custom loops for both CPU n GPU which just adds to the effort and cost even more

My suggestion is MATX , with a SFX power supply and nothing more powerful then a 12400 which is more then enough for gaming and other regular uses

If you have an unlimited budget then its a diff story
also check out the Zebronics WOODAN, its nearly same size as NR200 but fits MATX and full size PSU

That will save a lot of cash for GPU or NVME or Faster RAM

My current rig in the same case attached

20220814_112517.jpg

That's a great tip. Is the overall size of this case same to NR200P. And can you share specs of your PC.

What are your ambient room temperature like what are the CPU/GPU temps under load.

Case is approx ‎39 x 19 x 30.5 cm (vs NR200 376 x 185 x 292 mm)

12600k, 2070 super 16gb 4400mhz ram, samsung NVME and 2tb HDD

Idle temps right now 31 cpu 38 gpu (Stop fan is on)
Room temp is 28-30deg

Loads are normally 55-65 cpu based on task and game
50-65 GPU based on tasks n game

Last edited:

Where have you mounted the AIO? As the NR200 doesn't allow for top mounting.

IMO go mATX route. I recently made a build in Galax REV-03 which is a rebranded Sama IM01 case. Zebronics Woodan is also the same case, so basically all these are almost exactly same. They can fir mATX/mITX mobo and ATX/SFX PSU.

NR200 is 18 liters, Galax REV-03 is 20 - 21 litres.

View attachment 143183

You can see this thread for more details.
A Reddit post about the case.
This is one best option 2 liters more and can fit better PSU which will reduce cost of PSU .

May I know how heavy is this case ?

This is one best option 2 liters more and can fit better PSU which will reduce cost of PSU .

I didn't weight it alone and now everything is assembled.

If you're asking about the build quality and metal thickness, etc. rest assured that the build quality is top notch, much better than what I was hoping for.

I didn't weight it alone and now everything is assembled.

If you're asking about the build quality and metal thickness, etc. rest assured that the build quality is top notch, much better than what I was hoping for.

Can you please suggest PSU for this build

GPU : 3070 Ti (Will get it later)
PSU : 750Watts

I was thinking about Silverstone 750Watts been reading good things about this case but any other suggestions ?

Here you go.

O16A0011-3-scaled.jpg

Can you please suggest PSU for this build

GPU : 3070 Ti (Will get it later)
PSU : 750Watts

I was thinking about Silverstone 750Watts been reading good things about this case but any other suggestions ?
If possible, try to get a SFX PSU, it will be costlier but it will free up so much space inside the build and improve the cable management.

Any specific reason for selecting this motherboard?

Last edited:
Back