Need help with upgrades

By going wih Carbide 400R cabby you made a right choice, its better than CM 690 II

For the timebeing you can cover the top of your cabinet with any cloth...
<

Congrats on the buy,yes you made a great choice,do post the pics when you assemble the rig.
<
Thanks guys, ordered the Intel i5 2400, the DH67BL, Carbide 400R and a Razer Death Adder. Already got 1x4GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM a few days ago.

Where should i post the pics when i do get them??

Ok guys...im back.

Now, i wanna know if i can run a i5-2400,8GB RAM, 4 fans, 1HDD,1 DVD-RW and a 560Ti on a Corsair VX450??

Budget is a bit tight, so i can only squeeze in the GTX560Ti at this time

You should get Seasonic S12ii 620W-4.6k OR Corsair VX550W-4.4k as you're adding GTX560Ti,VX450W won't be enough for your rig.If your budget is tight then sell the VX450W,You'll get 2k or more for it.

OP should go for GTX560Ti minimum cause he will be gaming on full hd resolution so for the upcoming titles GTX560TI is a must get hence he'll need a good 550W psu so i've suggested two good psu's.
You are right about this because I have VX450 PSU for my rig. But i never go for GTX560Ti because he need 500 watt PSU support. I suggest you to wait for few more post from other member of TE. They will give you the best answer. Cheers

hhmmm.....so a PSu is necessary....the reason i ask is because i did read somewhere that the VX450 is enough for this config...i am going to upgrade the PSU, but the GPU comes first

hhmmm.....so a PSu is necessary....the reason i ask is because i did read somewhere that the VX450 is enough for this config...i am going to upgrade the PSU, but the GPU comes first

Seriously Sire, upgrade the SMPS before you upgrade your graphics card. It behoves your entire system and will only benefit you, else you just might come to regret it.

I mean don't expect your SMPS to go up in flames / firecrackers et al but it can have repercussions of the stability of your system.

solid_Snake
Your first priority is PSU upgrade. Buy a best PSU and then think about GPU upgrade to 560TI or non ti. Because if you buy a gpu first for your rig then it will harm your pc for sure sire. Vx450 is not sufficient for 560 series. I also have a vx450 for my rig, but i need a gpu for my pc. So i go with 550ti series because i know that my vx450 smps can take a load of this GPU. Hope this will change your mind. Cheers.

@Solid_Snake:- the seasonic 620 is an powerful PSU. You have taken a wise decision. After buying PSU go for GTX 560Ti without having any doubt in your mind. Hopes to help. Cheers
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, a frnd offered me a 6870 for a decent price.....so how is that comapred to the 560Ti?? how much faster is it? and do i still need the new PSU

hey guys, a frnd offered me a 6870 for a decent price.....so how is that comapred to the 560Ti?? how much faster is it? and do i still need the new PSU

Yes you will still require a better SMPS because it also draws power through 2x 6-pin PCIe power connectors just like the nVidia GTX 560Ti, overall performance is below the same as well. For a comprehensive benched comparison, go here.

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!!

Solid_Snake
The ATI 6870 is the best graphic card like GTX 560Ti. If your friend is offer a card with decent price then grab it and please change your PSU first because if you installed the ATI 6870 card into your rig then it take down your MOB or PSU for sure. So buy a new PSU from seasonic, corsair or cooler master GX series with the watt of 550 to 620. Hope to help. Cheers.

Back