Other Need info about Tempered Glass screen protector

raksrules

Elite
I have always been using normal screen protectors But i recently got to know about Tempered Glass screen protector. I need to know how different it is from a normal screen protector.
Is it worth getting it ? I have never used it so don't know how it feels and how is the touch response after applying this screen protector ?
Also how easy or difficult it is to apply it ?
How costly are they compared to normal screen guards ?
If I need to remove the tempered glass screenguard later, does it leave behind any marks or adhesive or anything which is difficult to remove ? Like normal screen guards don't usually leave any reside.

Anyone using it on their phones (specifically iPhone?)

Last edited:
I have always been using normal screen protectors But i recently got to know about Tempered Glass screen protector. I need to know how different it is from a normal screen protector.

Is it worth getting it ? I have never used it so don't know how it feels and how is the touch response after applying this screen protector ?

There is no change in touch sensitivity.

Also how easy or difficult it is to apply it ?

It is easier to apply than a conventional screenguard since it doesn't bend. Just place it on the screen and rub away the bubbles (if any)

How costly are they compared to normal screen guards ?
I paid 300 bucks for it for my HTC One.

If I need to remove the tempered glass screenguard later, does it leave behind any marks or adhesive or anything which is difficult to remove ? Like normal screen guards don't usually leave any reside.

Doesn't leave behind any residue.

Anyone using it on their phones (specifically iPhone?)

I stopped using it because the edge of the screen guard used to collect dust. Also, some cases won't fit on your phone because it adds around 20-30mm thickness to the screen area.

TPU cases with a lip to protect the screen from direct impact after a fall can be a bit problematic to use with temp screen protectors. But you can still manage owing to their soft nature. Can't say the same about hard material cases whose layer of protection extends a few millimeters above your phone screen.

I personally found that touch sensitivity is pretty similar to what you would feel on a screen without any protection. Just the naked screen. Temp protectors also do not get scratched that easily and cleaning them is pretty easy too. Applying is similarly easy; one just has to place it properly on the phone's screen. Yes, the problem of dust collecting around the protector's edge is a bit irritating but a wipe every other day over those edges does the job for me.

Cost has come down quite a bit and one can get a good one for 200 bucks online.

It is a good choice if you want the glass feel when touching the screen. Everything has been explained above, but my personal advise would be to try it for the heck of trying. It is glass after all and is brittle. Drop a metal pen or drop the phone and the edges get cracked easily. Used a good quality nillikin tempered glass and also a local branded temepered glass on my Mi3. Only difference was the clarity of the screen but they both were brittle.

Also somehow after switching to the normal clear screen protector, I felt the Screen was much better to look at. Don't know if it was just me or is it the same for others too.

I have put tempered glass in iphone 6 and note 4 and I must say its lot better than screen protector. One its easy to put them on compared to screen protector without any bubble effect. Also good quality tempered glass will protect the screen in case of direct drop. I would recommend one for any expensive phone. I have bought one for my dad's ipad air and also my galaxy tab s as well. Plus through aliexpress I got it really cheap and so its a no brainer for me.

You get Nilkin 9H tempered glass protectors on Ebay India website. I have heard good things on Nilkin, I have used a cheap tempered glass protector on a friend's MI3, and I wouldnt recommend it. The protector has started chipping away from the corners within 2-3 months.

They are very different than normal Plastic protectors, in a good way of course. The main problem with plastic protectors are that you will always be reminded that you have a screen protector. They don't play well with oils, sweats etc., and this is not Moscow :) My hands are extremely dry, yet I find that they somehow stinks after a couple of hours of use, so a continuous wipe process is needed to keep it clean and dry and not smudgy, but with Glass protectors that case is very unlikely. You will have that real glass like feeling. That's the case with good glass protectors at least, can't comment on cheap ones , but they are pretty awful AFAIK .
And my recommendation will be Nillkin too, their products are very good and its very good value for money too. But if price isn't an issue at all then also give a look at Spigen protectors. But if reviews are to be believed then they are overpriced. In comparison with Nillkin they are at least 2 to 3 times expensive! So your choice.

Back