Need information about IELTS exam

raksrules

Elite
My brother is applying for Canada PR and one of the things that he needs to do is give the IELTS exam. If anyone here has given this exam then please suggest what all has to be done ?
Do he needs to get enrolled to some sort of classes for sometime to prepare for the exam ? Also where to give the exam, does that matter, city or anything ?
Where to get form and how to go about all this.
I have zero knowledge about IELTS..
Best way to crack the test so he gets sufficient points.
Please try to give as much information as possible

I think TOEFL would also be accepted. It's very easy if basic english is good. One can easily score 110 out of 120
Just watch notefull videos and practice some tests from barron's CD

If his English is good, no need to attend classes, just get a decent book and practice on the grammar basics and vocabulary. It would also be better if he could take some model tests, either on his own, or online if he can. I know a guy who got good marks without breaking a sweat, it's just a language proficiency exam, just keep it cool.

Toefl and ielts are mandatory exams in which one have to appear and should clear in order to go abroad for studies or other.
And about the exam , it is not that tough its just to ensure that one knows their country language and can deal with it, a sort of language proficiency test only.
If your brother have good and descent command over english language no need to have any special classes for this.
Just go through some sample papers and just focus on the basics and it can easily be cracked.

How old is your brother? Why are you trying to (and folks here on TE along the same lines) spoon feed?

You see not everyone is internet savvy and my brother is one of them. He knows how to use internet to search stuff and it is not that he is not searching but its like he wants to cover all bases and hence asked me to search. If one is not entitled to ask on a forum and just search then we might not get first hand information from people who have already been trough this path. Is this spoon feeding ?
If yes then probably this forum has to go away as people (including me) ask all sorts of queries here. Isn't it the point of this and other such forums.
If one does not like to ask others and go with their own gut feeling then they are free to not open threads but someone who wants to be sure about everything, why not take inputs from others.

Back