Need K700i

I f I were him, I'd go ffor a Symbian OS phone because of the amount of flexibility they offer the user in terms of choosing the apps and availability of 3rd party apps.....

Not too sure what the cost for the cheapest Symbian phone would be but AFAIK, the Nokia 6600 should come for arnd 11K....

I was using a K700i for a while, and though I have no doubts that the phone is really good, it pales out in terms of geek quotient in comparison to say a Nokia 3230 which I am using now.....

The 3230 was being used by my dad and I swapped mine with him on my last visit home :happy: for the simple reason that the K700i suited his needs better while the Symbian 3230 served mine.....

Now I have loaded it to the gill with a 512 MB card and using it as a :

- Portable game machine by running SNES and NES games like Mario and Sonic using the Symbian SNES/NES simulator

- e-book reader using mobiredaer

- dictionary using MSdict

- browsing the web by hooking it to my home PC over bluetooth + also sync my outlook mails

- remote for my TV using a IR remote app

- remote for my winamp using somthng a utility "controlfreak"

Basically symbian phones allow you to a lot more with ur phone on top of the capabilities bulit into the firmware ...take ur pick :)

^^it's not just a UI thing....It's about the overall feeling of having something similar to a PC with you all the time.....

With other phones, u r stuck with the features on the firmware....with symbian u cn do what you like with it....

That is very true. Thats why I too went for a Symbian OS phone.:D However my friend isnt a geek, infact he is buying the K700i only for the color screen and FM radio ! :bleh:

I have serious doubts he will load any applications other than games and mp3's.
But still I feel it is always good to have the option to expand the memory later on and for FM you can always add a handsfree.

Anyways you guys have been really helpful. Thanks a lot ! :hap2:

True. Symbian is a powerful UI.

but, applications, they exist for J2mE as well. k700 and e398 both read j2me.

J2me may not be as powerful as Symbian but it almost reaches its hight like -

HTML web browsers. Now e398 can surf normal internet as well

That Snes Emulators are available for j2me as well again, only thing is they don't load up fast and may have some bugs

E-book readers are plenty for j2me

What the point is, E398 or K700i almost match the Symbian in terms of Apps and customizations, plus they have more. 6600 is a piece of Crap in my opinion, simply because the only thing good in it is the Symbian OS, what the hell are you going to with that ? Get cool Apps ? j2me can almost match that Symbian power of Apps, and when comparing it with k700 or e398 they both blast 6600 away with their audio quality, So, just for a little compromisation of really advanced applications, you get a good package OVERALL, i.e - e398 or k700i over the 6600.

And k750i > 6630 :cool2:

beat this (Just indicative examples):

- Access icicibank.com on a K750i

- Surf wireless web on the phone without paying for GPRS using ur PCs Interet connection

- Play Contra without being bugged by low framerates

- Sync with outlook

AND:

Killer app: Watch DivX and xVid movies !!!

AND best oem all--- True multitasking, like running the winamp remote control, sending it to the background to browse the web, finding a neat joke which u copy and then paste into Agile Messenger to send it out to ur yahoo and MSN buddy list, while also pasting itnoto ur mail client to send it out as a mail to ur other buddies.....All of this w-o even closing one of the apps

The 6600 is the cheapest (not the best) symbian phone...and what you lose out on i Stereo reproduction....However, since it has bolied down to a Symbian vs J2ME discussion, there is no dearth of good Symbian phones with Stereo output for >20K

I have been using J2ME enabled phones for like ages now....My first J2ME phone was a SL45i (Avctually a SL45 flashed to a SL45i) This phone was the grandddaddy of today's smart phones and supported SD cards , stereo MP3 playback and perhaps was one of the 1st phones to support J2ME apps....The novelty factor of installing J2ME apps induced me to try out literally hundreds of apps, the experience was good, but frankly, it hardly found any relly useful apps.....I used the J2ME bit on this phone for a while and then promptly forgot abt it using the phone as a P-H-O-N-E and a MP3 player

Then came a spat of J2ME phones that I used ranging from the basic like the Nokia 3100 to the last one which was the K750i....

As for FMA, it is a killer app and I used to use it regularly on the K700, but frankly, that's the onl;ly nice app I could use...and I am not too sure if it even is a J2ME app

So as I pointed out earlier, my dad (who is a medical doctor and is a true technophobe like all docs are ) loves the SE K700 more than the 3230 that I got and needless to say that I love it way more than the K700

owever my friend isnt a geek, infact he is buying the K700i only for the color screen and FM radio !

I have serious doubts he will load any applications other than games and mp3's.

didn't notice this....so I guess for him , the K700 is possiblt the best buy in the ~10K budget....

superczar said:
beat this (Just indicative examples):

- Access icicibank.com on a K750i
- Surf wireless web on the phone without paying for GPRS using ur PCs Interet connection
- Play Contra without being bugged by low framerates
- Sync with outlook

AND:
Killer app: Watch DivX and xVid movies !!!
AND best oem all--- True multitasking, like running the winamp remote control, sending it to the background to browse the web, finding a neat joke which u copy and then paste into Agile Messenger to send it out to ur yahoo and MSN buddy list, while also pasting itnoto ur mail client to send it out as a mail to ur other buddies.....All of this w-o even closing one of the apps

The 6600 is the cheapest (not the best) symbian phone...and what you lose out on i Stereo reproduction....However, since it has bolied down to a Symbian vs J2ME discussion, there is no dearth of good Symbian phones with Stereo output for >20K

I have been using J2ME enabled phones for like ages now....My first J2ME phone was a SL45i (Avctually a SL45 flashed to a SL45i) This phone was the grandddaddy of today's smart phones and supported SD cards , stereo MP3 playback and perhaps was one of the 1st phones to support J2ME apps....The novelty factor of installing J2ME apps induced me to try out literally hundreds of apps, the experience was good, but frankly, it hardly found any relly useful apps.....I used the J2ME bit on this phone for a while and then promptly forgot abt it using the phone as a P-H-O-N-E and a MP3 player

Then came a spat of J2ME phones that I used ranging from the basic like the Nokia 3100 to the last one which was the K750i....

As for FMA, it is a killer app and I used to use it regularly on the K700, but frankly, that's the onl;ly nice app I could use...and I am not too sure if it even is a J2ME app

So as I pointed out earlier, my dad (who is a medical doctor and is a true technophobe like all docs are ) loves the SE K700 more than the 3230 that I got and needless to say that I love it way more than the K700
AWESOME!!...never liked the k750i neways...same goes for moto

i think k700i is overall a better phone but if u are after music then the e398 is a much beter bet.. anyways i in ur place would pick up the sony.

Back