Budget 15-20K Need Mobile for around 15k-20k

Ssreek

Adept
Broke one of our phones today during journey. Need to buy a phone in a couple of days.

Please suggest any good phones within 15k-20k.

I've considered Samsung M34, but it's almost a year since it was released and processor is almost 2 years old in that 15k range.
For a slightly more budget, Oneplus Nord CE 4 is available for 23.5k, but has Panda glass as protection. Has anyone bought this phone?

Only interested in brands that have no nonsense OS, so poco, xiaomi, etc are out of question. and better warranty/service so probably moto/vivo are out.
So considering that, Samsung and oneplus seems possible choices.

I don't care abt gaming performance. Decent camera and battery life, less heating, a very good display and no hang/lag issues are the needs.

Let me know ur suggestions.

I just compared OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite and Samsung Galaxy M15.

SD 695 and Dimensity 6100+ are almost the same thing.

M15 has a grand total of five years of software support till 2029. Two less in OP.

What would be the better option here?

Sucks that Samsung has stopped including chargers in box. Gutted with Apple for starting this trend.
M15 will get 4 OS updates but I expect it to get laggy in maybe 1-2 OS updates because One UI is heavy & because the performance level of M15 is low. Low end CPU performance haven't improved much in the past 4 years as much as higher-end performance did. CE3 lite ain't a great choice as well honestly considering CE3 is under 20k now. 20-25k is the new 15k.

For reference, S778 was popular in 25-30k in 2021, you can get the same performance in 20-25k phones even now like in NP2a or M55 or Edge 50 fusion. 7 Gen 3 & D8300 are at least 20% faster than S778 at 25k but both are 2024 phones, so progress hasn't been much whereas in 30k+ segment, performance has almost doubled in 3 years if you compare S865 & 8 gen 2 (for flagship killers with an older SoC, like OP12R is right now).

So a good option IMO is to get a 20-25k phone. NP2a is good overall for most, will get 3 OS updates, not the best camera or performance for the price but the UI is good, so at least phone will be smooth with A17. If you don't care about OS updates, get Nord CE4 for faster performance & charging. Get M55 if you are a Samsung fan but 7 Gen 1 & 7s Gen 2 are fabbed at Samsung foundry, not TSMC, so efficiency will be inferior vs 7 Gen 3 & 7200.

Back