Storage Solutions Need some idea about NAS

1. How many torrents can i download simultaneously?

2. Is the device reliable? I mean will it stop/hang suddenly during a download?

3. Can this be Connected to a 320GB HDD? If yes, can that Hard disk have partitions?

1:: I havent tested how many...but upto 8 i have tried......but in many cases seds were absent so had to delete...

2:: Stop/hang.....will only happen when the external hdd is in use.....and btw u wont come to know about that unless u check in browser...it wont affect your main pc at all

3::Yes u can connect 320gb hdd(note external connect the hdd to usb port of the device)...i m using it on my wd 120gb usb one....partition...havent tried cant comment

But what i dont like about this stuff is i have to download the whole torrent in any case.....suppose i have a stuff and i only want 100mb stuff from the 1.6gb torrent..i cant customized to download parts..as it doesnt give that option what is downloading and what to download...u add a torrent..and the whole torrent start to download..

Thatnks a lt for that info :)

That problem of not able to select only few files of a torrent is not a big issue as we can download that small part on our PC :)

But 99.9% of the times i download full torrent itself...

And one more query, how long does it take to start?

I mean do we have to login to its web interface and start all the process or will it start downloading as soon as it is started?

Restart time for the device is about 30 secs and once the device restarts it will automatically resume every torrent in the list including those which u manually stopped earlier. If you wants to stop any specific torrent from downloading for priority basis then you have to get in the browser and once again manually stop it.

guys. this device looks very nice and the price is tempting :)

i have a airtel wifi model called 450bx1 (or is it 450tx1 ... not sure). is the setup for port forwarding similar to other airtel modems

Sorry for this bump.....

As i m selling this product one guy has asked me can he customized the settings via wireless pc in sense

i used it like this internet opereter wired went into router....from router one end went to my pc and another one end from router to the nas...

Now what i gets from his question is he wanted to know suppose he connects the nas and router...but use internet via wireless option of lappy(no wired connection between it)..would that person be able to use Nas via lappy?

Back