CPU/Mobo need suggestion 4 new rig.....

MAGNeT

Skilled
well...guys....1 of my frnd is ready to tak my current amd 2600+xp processer.....along with the asus a7v 400mx board........though the board has defect(need to press reset along with power on to start the pc)..which ill repair b4 that.......i need to finalized my config.....

presently i m looking for cpu,mobo,graphic card and moniter(lcd preferable)...........my budget will b ard 30-45k for this stuffs.........no plan for new rams..etc......

i hav this config in mind.......amd 3500+,msi neo platinum 4,graphic card 6600gt(want 6800gt..but may go outside budget)....,seagate 120gb sata drive and samsung lcd.........my preference will b gaming....but also i will start working on stuffs lik animation..so will try maya,photoshop...animation s/w(i know intel rules in this stuffs)........

but i want information abt above stuff only.....i want my rig to last..atlest 3-4yrs(with upgrade point of view)...

i want the current price..of this stuffs....lcd samsung 510n .....since its the cheapest...btw how is intex......???
also abt amd...is it wise to go 4 3500+ over 3200+(is there any major difference btw both...heard price differencve btw both is ard 6k)...and which core....if 3500+????which is the best
i hav lot of doubts regarding mobos......asus presently giving me probs...so avoiding it totally(asus a8n e...also heard has fan probs).....i m presently reading the manual of the msi board........does it hav crash free bios lik asus??? and wht is this single side and double side rams?????not getting that....other doubt ill post l8er...as i come towards it......
i stay in mumbai

Go for the 3000+ venice core A64 and overclock it. Way cheaper and better than buying a 3500+ or 3200+. The MSI board is great if not for the lack of voltage options. Also if you wanna game, get a CRT not an LCD. A 19" CRT will cost slightly more than a 15" entry level LCD but will own the LCD at games. The only LCDs i'll recommend are the lcds with 8bit panels which are only found on 17" or higher. All samsung n series lcds (510n,710n,910n) are DSub(VGA) based and dont have a DVI causing loss in sharpness. They have a 6bit TN panel and cannot display all 16mil colors simultaneously. Also about the video card, look for the vanilla X800 for around 14K if you can afford that much. Its way faster than a 6600GT.

vanilla x800....is it an ati card...sorry dude no idea abt cards others than nvidia(never had any graphic card ever on my comp)........and how r this cards???6800gt/and 6800 ultra???also...will the 3000+series will b good enough for 3+years....or 3500+???andmy present budget for moniter is 11k.....i want lcd......how much 17" one cost and which r good...i can swap the budget for monitor with amd proc....also plz provide prices for current config..next time....
well regarding vtg...is it still preferable to go with msi...or shd i go 4 asus.????i will defiantely overclk(though never did it b4)

magnet said:
vanilla x800....is it an ati card...sorry dude no idea abt cards others than nvidia(never had any graphic card ever on my comp)........and how r this cards???6800gt/and 6800 ultra???also...will the 3000+series will b good enough for 3+years....or 3500+???andmy present budget for moniter is 11k.....i want lcd......how much 17" one cost and which r good...i can swap the budget for monitor with amd proc....also plz provide prices for current config..next time....
well regarding vtg...is it still preferable to go with msi...or shd i go 4 asus.????i will defiantely overclk(though never did it b4)
Yeah its an ATI card the x800 ! The 6800GT agp is 17k and 22k for pcie ! 17" LCDs cost upwards of 15k. Good ones are arnd 20k i think.

@Chaos: Is the vanilla x800 available in india ? dont think so ........

Last edited by a moderator:
Blade_Runner said:
Yeah its an ATI card the x800 ! The 6800GT agp is 17k and 22k for pcie ! 17" LCDs cost upwards of 15k. Good ones are arnd 20k i think.

@Chaos: Is the vanilla x800 available in india ? dont think so ........
Seems the PC X800 256MB is available for around the price i mentioned.

i will settle with 6600gt now......dont want to shelve mor than 10k on gfx...since already on lcd i m getting on back leg....is leadtek easily available here??????i know xfxis good...but i guess leadtek gainward r better

I won't say this again why go with Leadtek and XFX when their daddy BFG is available?
Leadtek cards aren't that good ,I dont know why people here rate them so highly.Check out the latest xbitlabs review about the Leadtek PCI-E 6600Gts where they had almost no overcloking potential at all.(Yeah it was a SLI kit but that doesn't entirely justify the horrible oc results.)

taker.......i m frm mumbai...and no way i guess bfg is available here(or in india)......if it does....xfx will have to shut its shutters........

^^ yup as undertaker mentioned above, big and bfg come from the same oem... global connections.

Edit: LOL ok :D edited as u wish.... but its just too tempting :p

this topic might go messy i guess............i go one by one product...since gfx card is discussed most till now here.......first help me decide that.......which company.....and budget atmost 10-12k......then v will decide mobo along with monitor(which is the most confusing thing 4 me presently)

Big cards are same as BFG - me too saw some pics of Big and BFG if u remove the
sticker from the heatsink of both cards and the shuffle both cards u wont be able to
make out which one is BIG and which is BFG.

Dont remember the link which had these pics.

Also i too suggest u to go for a 3000+ which can be easily overclocked to 3500+
So why waste money when u can get same preformance from 3000+

So here are my recommendations
AMD Athlon 3000+ Venice Core Socket 939 - Rs 8.3-8.5K
Identify Veince Core like this
The CPU will have this printed on it.
First Line on CPU:- ADA3000DAA4BP

OCing ability info
Second line on CPU :- LBBLE 05## XXXX
Where 05 is 2005 Year
## can be 17,18,19,20 [These are weeks of manufacturing]
[if u are getting a 17 week it can overclock to like 2.5 easily but many people have take it to 2.8Ghz]
XXXX - can be anything.

Best is :- 0517 EPAW

The 18th & 19th week venice dont oc well but it can reach 2.4Ghz but not like the 17th week which reaches 2.8Ghz.

Mnemonic Systems , Borivali has that lucky 0517 EPAW AMD 3000+ which oc's gr8
grab it asap.[as soon as possible] Darky just got it.
Ask Funky Monkey for complete address of Mnemonic systems he knows the
place better or ask darky as he got his latest 3000+ from there.

ASUS A8N-E [NForce 4 Ultra Chipset]Rs 8800
No Firewire support on this mobo.
Rashi & Prime ABGB Mumbai.

Big 6600GT PCI-E X16 Rs10K approx - 3Yrs Warranty
Plug n Play , Lamington Road.

I too suggest u to go for a good 17' or 19' CRT

17' Samsung SyncMaster 793MB or 793DF
19' Samsung SyncMaster 997DF [correct the model number if its wrong but DF for sure]

@blade I inquired for the same prices couple of weeks back in delhi but i was quoted around 24K odd for the leadtek AGP cards... Are you sure prices are correct cause the AGP price seems too low to me... I bought two darn XFX (No offence meant I also own a XFX 6800 GT)... If i would have known i would have gone in for leadtek...

@edit I bought PCI-E for 22.5K XFX 6800 GT... But still i cannot beleive that Leadtek costs 17K for AGP...

Back