CPU/Mobo need suggestion 4 new rig.....

got asus a8ne.......wanted msi but the k8n neo platinum 4 wasnt available.....so decided to try luk again with asus...wont b overclocking straight away(need to learn abut the precautions regarding it)......got it 4 8.5k........also took box pack transcend pc 3200 ram......512mb...4 2.95k....

memory reader....350...22 in 1....

seagate 120gb sata ncq for 3.85k

http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/marketing/detail/0,1081,646,00.html

model: ST3120827AS

(ncq disc has 27 in model number as shown above since ppl find it tough to find)

now i wanted details abt tuner card tv.......i might go 4 xternal one....dealer told pinnacle rules only in internal card......i wanted to know does inner tuner card is good???heard frm someone it suxs.........on some review.....

xternal i saw some aver media one 4 4.1k..... any idea guys?????

pinnacle Sucks at driver Support
& any other Tech support. I never expected such a negligance from such a Reputed Company.

Buy a Compro one. Its a better choise. Mediatech has it i guess

U shld have bought a 160gb for just 350 more man --

dude.....it was for 4.5k.....and btw.....my present disc is 80gb but becoz of bad sectors its already 30gb is not used by me.....still i have 25 gb extra on good drive........so i guess 80gb is also mor presently...ill b giving this disc to service centre and might get replacement...so total ill have 200gb then....will c how much data i keep on comp...becoz after dvd writer which ill get by tomm...i wont store movies on comp.......and i dont store software on comp anytime........so i guess its mor than enough...

compro......but i m asking is external one good or internal...which has good quality......

external is not recommended in my opinion as u cant Record stuff, Plus internel ones can use different softwares as well for TV viewing

With internel u may watch TV & do other work simult.. turnwise
still solely depends on ur taste

sorry final post here since i have bought all the parts now.......

remaining part are as follow

samsung lcd 17 synchmaster 15200
benq dvd writer 1640 3550
altec lansing atp3 3100
altec headphone ahs502i 1200
asus tv fm card 3400(would replace if my sound problem is not solve with compro gold plus)

magnet said:
sorry final post here since i have bought all the parts now.......

remaining part are as follow

samsung lcd 17 synchmaster 15200
benq dvd writer 1640 3550
altec lansing atp3 3100
altec headphone ahs502i 1200
asus tv fm card 3400(would replace if my sound problem is not solve with compro gold plus)
Which Samsung LCD is it? If you have a choice between the 710N and 173p, go for 173p even if it costs a bit more.

Chaos said:
Which Samsung LCD is it? If you have a choice between the 710N and 173p, go for 173p even if it costs a bit more.
hehe hope it hasnt dropped in price so badly as to be just a bit more than 15k

im a samsung Fan -- both at the Products & the Service part but i just did not Like LCD;s as much -- they seem to be Overbright to me & the Colour contrast & mixing is just not Adequate. also they dont have a DVI port at all.
I have tested CMV, NU, Philips & other cheaper versions & they beat the image quality & sharpness of Samsung & at a Debatable Price difference.
Huyndai LCD's are fine too.

comparing my old samtron 56v..i find it quite good...yup lcd when viewed frm different angle doesnt giv clear picture and appears something wrong has happen to it........but i needed space so got it...btw...i have big 6600gt card which doesnt have vga slot has dvi......so they have given a dvi to vga plug through which i have connected the lcd.......wont it provide dvi feature???
also the dealer through which i got it... told samsung has good service and if i face problem he will tak care of it....he said other service points delay in giving replacement

mehargags said:
im a samsung Fan -- both at the Products & the Service part but i just did not Like LCD;s as much -- they seem to be Overbright to me & the Colour contrast & mixing is just not Adequate. also they dont have a DVI port at all.
I have tested CMV, NU, Philips & other cheaper versions & they beat the image quality & sharpness of Samsung & at a Debatable Price difference.
Huyndai LCD's are fine too.

huh ? am using a samsung lcd and it does come with a dvi connection and its one of the crispest and vibrant display that i've seen

bottle which model do u have..mine 17 inch 710n...mention abov....but i hav doubt...i hav vga plug...but my graphic card allows dvi input...it provided me a plug which converts the vga to dvi and then goes in card...does it mean ill get the dvi functions????

magnet said:
bottle which model do u have..mine 17 inch 710n...mention abov....but i hav doubt...i hav vga plug...but my graphic card allows dvi input...it provided me a plug which converts the vga to dvi and then goes in card...does it mean ill get the dvi functions????
nice choice BTW, the 710N is a GREAT LCD!

No sadly you wont get authentic DVI function

it will go Digital>analog>Digital

If you have a VGA plug on your gfx card, it would be a better idea to plug it into that.

bottle said:
huh ? am using a samsung lcd and it does come with a dvi connection and its one of the crispest and vibrant display that i've seen
yea...no idea what the guy above was talking about...

All LCD manufacturers (BenQ, dell etc..) either use Samsung or Hyundai panels...majority anyway...

and samsung has many many models...you cant consider one or a couple and think there all the same..... a lot of models of theirs have DVI and VGA connections, while some only have vga...depends which it is

@bottle : the 173p has gone down to 19k :)
@MAGNeT: the major issue with 710n is that its a TN panel... its only a 6bit panel and cannot display all colors. Blacks won't be black... they'll be a darkish grey. Also the viewing angle is a major problem with TN panels. Plus since this one doesnt have a DVI connection, the text wont be sharp. The 173p doesnt have all these issues as it uses an 8bit PVA panel. However the only drawback of it is that the response time is slightly high.

@kev: right now the best overall panel is the MVA overdrive panel which is manufactured by AU optoelectronics. Its there in the viewsonic VE910b monitor. Its the panel to beat both in response time and color reproduction. However the price is steep! I was never impressed by the 710n as it has issues with crispness of text. Also the color reproduction ain't that great. The next edition of this lcd (720T) rectifies these problems and comes with an MVA overdrive panel. That shud be the LCD to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol....yes 6bit panels vs response time is always something annoying...

Although i have used the 710N and did not really notice any dithering at all.....plus the price dif between the 173p and 710N is also massive :p

The 600:1 contrast ratio really helps with reproduction of black..

i dont think the 720T is available in the US...may be im wrong

yea, if you have the cash go for thr 173P

kev182 said:
lol....yes 6bit panels vs response time is always something annoying...

Although i have used the 710N and did not really notice any dithering at all.....plus the price dif between the 173p and 710N is also massive :p

The 600:1 contrast ratio really helps with reproduction of black..

i dont think the 720T is available in the US...may be im wrong

yea, if you have the cash go for thr 173P

Not that massive anymore... its around 5K :). 720T shud be available in a month or two. xbitlabs just reviewed it recently and was all praise for it. (though i don't trust that site too much, the specs seem really good)

Back